It's not eaxctly Citizen Kane, is it?

Sledge

Whilst visiting my local pound shop, I encountered a DVD of Blue Jean Cop for 50p. Bargain. And a great film. Cheesy and 80s, but it's got Peter Weller! And Sam Elliot! And the baddie is... well, it's Antonio Fargas. :blush: Which makes it even better! :unsure:

Anyway, am I the only one who can appreciate what I can only call a good bad movie? What else is not traditionally great, but still fun to watch?

Heh he... I've actually got "Cosmic Forces/Suspension" song from Buck Rogers by Kipp Lemon (what a name!)

"Far beyond this world i've known

Far beyond my time..."

(I'll shut up now, ahem!)

Deep Rising

Nightmare on Elm St

Evil Dead

Spaceballs...

SPACEBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRGH! NO!!!

You talking about Ooh-man Thurman? Yep, I watched it for her too :P

But the films were good as well. I'm a HUGE ('HUGE' doesn't cover it...) Tarantino fan and although the Kill Bill films weren't his best films I find them very watchable and heck - they're still big juicy chunks of pure style.

Watched Space Truckers the other week. Despite starring Dennis Hopper, Christian Slater and Charles Dance it was bloody awful and yet curiously watchable.

Funniest bit was the girl who had to spend most of the film in her underwear because "the air-conditioning was broken". Great excuse :)

I used to work in a video shop in the mid 80's and have a hazy recollection of a film called The Boy's in Company C. It was set during the Vietnam war and had a squad of US troopers taking part in a football (soccer) match and their star player being spaced out on drugs. The team had to loose the match againts a ARVIN team to insure a soft posting.

It was along time ago and as you can imagine I saw a lot of films at the time but this one stuck out throughout the intervening booze addled years :blink: Has any one got a copy?

Cross of Iron is quality too.

Ah, Buck Rogers. What a film. And Flash Gordon! I seem to recall that a well-known UK band did the soundtrack. Can't quite recall who... ;)

How about Dark Angel? Dolph Lundgren in a Predator 2 rip-off about drug dealing aliens. Classic.

Edited for spolling mistooks

Queen did FG i beleive

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa, return of the thread! Um, what else is good but underrated? 51st State. I know it's not exactly a B-movie, but it just don't seem to get the recognition it deserves. And Emily Mortimer is damn fine in it, plus she exhibits fantastic taste in weapons. Ruger Mini 14 and a Beretta? Sweet.

Whoa, return of the thread! Um, what else is good but underrated? 51st State. I know it's not exactly a B-movie, but it just don't seem to get the recognition it deserves. And Emily Mortimer is damn fine in it, plus she exhibits fantastic taste in weapons. Ruger Mini 14 and a Beretta? Sweet.

Hate to disagree but I thought 51st State was every bit as bad as everyone said it was :)

I bought it for a mate's birthday, watched it and felt so guilty I bought him something else instead :lol:

Archived