Tanaka S&W M500 3"+1" Comp

Intro.

Alright so after getting the 8 inch in silver this summer, I realized its a monster, just way too big for a person my size. I kind of look funny holding it, so I decided that I wanted the small 3+1 version. So enough with that lets get on to the review. ;)

First Impression

So I came home from school today and a brown box was sitting next to my bedroom door. My brother must have received it for me when I was at school. So I quickly cut the box open and pulled this out:

M500001.jpg

Okay looks good enough, lets open her up and see whats inside.

M500004.jpg

First thoughts... simply beautiful...

M500006.jpg

M500005.jpg

Stunning... its a work of art

M500007.jpg

Close up of the trades

M500009.jpg

M500010.jpg

M500011.jpg

Its a much better fit for me than its big brother, but still quite a big pistol as it is bigger than my KJW M9 Beretta.

M500013.jpg

M500015.jpg

Edited by willnyc

Performance

Well its essentially a shortened version of the regular 8 inch comp, so fps I would assume is the same as the 8 inch (I dont have a chrono). It certainly feels/sounds the same when fired, with the familiar loud "crack" in a smaller package.

Seeing as I live in NYC it really wouldnt be proper for me to casaully go out in my backyard to test accuracy. So I did it in my house from a distance of about 15 feet (sorry its the best I can do). Results ended in 1-2 inch groupings for both guns with the grouping being much closer for the 8 inch than for the 3 inch, as expected. With one stray shot for each on the last shot cuz I did this hastily ;)

Also just so people know I used KSC 0.20g perfect BBs for this test, not exactly the best weight of BBs to use for this kind of a pistol on green gas but its all I have, I suspect groupings will be much more impressive using 0.25g BBs.

I'll let you be the judge from the pics:

M500016.jpg

M500017.jpg

M500018.jpg

Conclusion

This is a beautiful pistol to be added to anyone's collection, too beautiful IMO to be skirmished with but it can be a skirmish sidearm if necessary. It has just as much power as its bigger brother but I would not use it has a primary because accuracy at a range will not be as awesome as big bro because of the dramatically shorter barrel length. Whatever you're going to do with it, you will certainly not be disappointed. :D

P.S. Be gentle this is my first review :unsure:

Edited by willnyc

Yikes.

And what are the dimensions of the target?? Sorry.. just so that I can relate where the shots fell as to the size of the paper. :)

ta

very pimpy though.

What do you use to carry them/one onto the field ?

Yikes.

And what are the dimensions of the target?? Sorry.. just so that I can relate where the shots fell as to the size of the paper. :)

ta

very pimpy though.

What do you use to carry them/one onto the field ?

The whole target paper was 6 in. by 4 in. a bit smaller than the average target paper because of the limited distance I wanted to use smaller paper. And currently I have nothing to carry it into the field although I'm looking for one, I dont intend on using this beautiful piece in the field. ;)

Was the accuracy test done in double action, or did you cock da hammer before each shot, homes?

I thought the M500 was single only. :huh:

Anyway, I've been wanting to see a picture of someone holding them in their hand, can you post 2 pictures, 1 each of you holding the long one, and the short one?

Finally (sorry, don't do this if you don't have time not trying to be too demanding. :( ), can you have both of themtogether w/ a dollar bill in the middle?

Thanks so much :)

I held the real steel version of this just this thursday. by any accounts im not a small person and this little version of the M500 is MASSIVE! I am almost scared to see the full size. the real version of this is easily bigger than a full size 1911. Very nice review, Ive been looking into getting either this or the full size M500 for awhile now.

Runner yes I pulled the hammer before each shot and I'll have those pics for you as soon as I can, I'll even take pics of it next to my M9 and Desert Eagle so you can have a better size comparison. But I can tell you its bigger than an M9 and about the same size as a Desert Eagle.

Why in the world would it be single only?  :huh:

I don't know, I had just thought for some reason that you could only shoot it in single action, not double. I wouldn't think you'd use double on an M500 anyway, but I'm wrong...

Anyway, thnaks a lot will, the picture next to the Desert Eagle will be especially helpful because I have one B)