VFC Mk43 Mod 0

Sorry to bump this again guys, Im one of the few UK owners to this rifle and I wanna add my thoughts:)

Best rifle I have ever owned, ever!

Im not hugely bothered about the charging handle, as I can push it forwards just as easily as I can pull it back to make a nice CLACK!

My front sling hook snapped right off after a couple of games, but ive got used to it now without it and find it much easier to manouver. Anyone any info on vfc replacing it for free?

Im running it on a 9.6v batt which peaks at close to 12v and the ROF is just nuts, its really really good. Slight misfires occasionally but as the battery drains slighty it works itself in and is fine. Ive given it a good lube now, looked a bit dry after its 30k rounds been through it.

After 30k rounds, the spring looks abit worse for wares, its kinda squinty! Ill be getting a new 1j spring and m100 spring soon to replace.

I have no idea what it chrono's at, it was chrono'd at elektroworkz in london at 270ish fps, but it was on auto and gave a false reading as it is MUCH hotter than that.

The gun itself has held up to being swung around, chucked about, dropped, and generally abused in the airsoft field, and nothing has loosened or snapped or creaked or bent. Its all 100% solid, best gun ever.

Ill be looking to get the upgrade kit soon, but Im not sure about the use of 12v batteries on it.. as itl peak around 14v. lol

More info plz :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after getting my tax return, i'm very tempted to get one. but before doing so, i'd like to find out a few facts.

What kind of bushing does the gun come with, is it like the bearing bushings in CA249P?

Is it really necessary to buy the custom CNC upgrade FTK, would the normal aftermarket upgrades fit?

If I put a tightbore in there, which brand/size is the best for a SAW, and would I need to replace the stock bucking?

Does VFC make extra boxmags? i'd like having to acutally RELOAD the mags instead just pouring BBs into it. If not, would Isukastu one work on VFC?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Older thread, but maybe someone will see this. Try Testor's Dull Cote on your cardboard inserts. It's an acrylic clear coat that won't allow moisture to get into the cardboard, making it soggy or deforming the box. Keep the individual coats light and cover it three times, you should be good to go. Will darken the board up a little, but should be worth the longevity you get.

I just got the gun.  Gotta question for those who got in the US.  Did your package come with the sling and the duckbill flashider?  I got it from AsGI, and it didn't come w those.

The new shipment they put the duckbill filashider into the ammobox or some where.

Go check again of the package.

I went through my entire packaging multiple time, I guess the distributor either took it out for custom reasons or forgot to put it in. oh well.

I email VFC about it, and hopefully they'll respond w a new hider. They are pretty good at replacing your stuff right? In worst case, i'll just put an M4 flashider on it, like on the M60E3 and some E4s.

Well, mine just has 3 probs atm:

- the wires of the boxmag broke off, but a little Forze-treatment fixed it ;) (soldered them back on with enough solder for 50 cables)

-the sling mount broke off (crappy metal)

-the problem i'm truly mad of: the cap between the front of the gas tube & the rear tube (which holds the barrel assembly steady) broke off at the thread, which a) was too damn short (only 2 mm of thread, while the rear tube has over 1.5 cm of thread); B) was made of the crappiest metal i have ever seen.

For the last problem i am having some new caps made out of A-grade aluminium which are not open anymore & hopefully will be much stronger than the poorly made part that was in mine

Well, looks like this gun is not as good as the hype. I took it out for a game for the first time today, and went down after playing less than 30min of play. The box mag kept jamming, seems like the boxmag motor is not strong enuf to pull the spinner sometimes. and then the mag's wire broke off, just like Forze said. Later the gearbox stopped turning after I did some drying firing to power the boxmag (but i heard a gear still whining inside, sounded like pinion gear was out of alignment). It was very disappointing considering the $1200 dropped onto this gun. :( I emailed VFC 2 days ago about the flashider, and they still hasn't responded yet. now i prob need to find a replacement boxmag winder. how is VFC's customer service?

I hear VFC going to change material of the cap between the front of the gas tube & the rear tube from Aluminum to steel from the next new production. But not sure the upgrade program for old version owner yet.

My MK43 don't have the problem on the wire broke on magbox.

Problem's apparantly need to be adressed to the shop you bought it from, not with VFC themselves :( .

I got mine from WGC & they are being very helpful, but they said it can take a while to get spares for it. That's why i am having a new cap made by sb.

I asked AirsoftGI about it, and they actually referred to JAG. But when I called JAG, they told me that they didn't carry the Mk43. So I called back to AsGI, and they told me me to email VFC. It seems like they haven't know idea what they are doing.

more development on the gun, I send it to a local airsoft dealer, and here's what he emailed me about the damage and other dealer's response:

"OK the bad news First

We pulled the gear box last night to check the motor spacing and found the motor was fully adjusted in so there was no adjustment left.

When I pulled the motor out of the gear box I found alot of fine metal shavings in the gearbox and the bevel gear with signs on major wear. I hate to tell you this but the motor gear and bevel gear are shot.

Ok SO for the GOOD News.

I sent Vega Force an email last night explaing why I had the gun and What I had found. they emailed me back today asking for a detailed description of the failure as well as pictures of the gears so that we can "Evaluate the best course to rectify the problem"

I'm not sure how long it's going to take to work out but atleast it appears VFC is willing to work with us.

I also cc'd AirsoftGI and received a responce from the "storeowner" email address, that basicly said they weren't sure what they could do but would be willing to help me with VFC if necessary."

VFC also emailed me back (they didn't respond when I emailed them but replied after my dealer emailed them, referring me), asking what kind of battery and BBs used and saying that if it's possible for me to send the GB to them and return it to me fixed. I'm gonna see what kind of response they'd give to my dealer, who seems to attract of VFC's attention more.

So if everyone else's having no problem with they Mk43, then did I get a lemon or something? Titleist, why did u sell yours?

Edited by [VT]Mofo2000
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello fellas, I've had my eye on the VFC for a couple weeks now and someone sent me a link to this thread. I read through it and noticed a couple things that owners either saw as a concern or not being a faithful reproduction of the real steel counter part.

First off there were some complaints about the charging handle not having a spring and returning forward after pulling it to the rear. Well the reason it is like that, is because the real weapon fires from the open bolt position. You pull the charging handle to the rear and the bolt will lock in that position until the trigger is pulled to fire the weapon. The operator must slide the charging handle forward and lock it in the forward position prior to firing the weapon. So it's not that VFC left a spring out, it's a faithful reproduction of the real steel.

Second, I saw some questions/concerns about the cardboard insert in the box mag. That too is a faithful copy. The cardboard inserts were never meant to be reused in the real steel bandoleers. The ammo comes in those cardboard inserts and was meant to be thrown away along with the cloth cotton bandoleer. The average shooter is right handed and as such, we would break off about a 2 foot belt of ammo and let it hang or discard the cardboard insert and put it in the cloth bandoleer.

I definitely have the VFC on my wanted list and anyone who wants to sell theirs just shoot me PM.