VFC Mk43 Mod 0

To respond the 47, the charging handle doesn't bother me at all, it doesn't do anything and frankly I'm glad it's fixed rather than adding one more thing that could break. Now as for the mag, I don't see guys with m249s changing mags in the airsoft field, so frankly pouring bbs in doesn't bother me at all.

I have crenna's carry handle on the way, and YES it's aluminum, sorry NOT STEEL!

Overall I'm VERY happy with the gun, got it running off a 3000mah battery I hide at the bottom of the bag mag.

NEW PICS!

dsc00057bd8.th.jpg dsc00058io3.th.jpg dsc00059nt8.th.jpg

dsc00060ns3.th.jpg dsc00062by7.th.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gundrosen, very nice pictures. Could you take a better pic of the engravings on the left side of the gun? Is that a part number or gun serial number engraved on the charging handle rod? I've always wondered that ever since I saw Rambo II first time...

Sure, I just as well took pics of all the markings I could find on the gun:

markings.JPG

markings_2.JPG

markings_3.JPG

markings_4.JPG

markings_5.JPG

Looks like it's a part number on the charging handle rod.

BTW, has anyone found a spring release button on this gun?

There is nothing in the manual, and I cant seem to find one on the gun :blink:

And I heard some talk about a quick piston change, does anyone know how that works?

Edited by Gundrosen

I don't think there is a spring release at all, unfortunately, couldn't find one on mine. A feature that will be sorely missed by me.

And the LBT is such a PITA to attach!

Have to echo the comments about lack of 'springy' charging handle... Was a bit gutted by that. Nothing states your intent better than a quick 'chunk-chick' before letting rip six thousand rounds... ;)

Also a bit annoyed that is comes as standard with a small Tamiya connector. WTF is that all about! With six thousand rounds I'm going to be using mahoosive batteries, not piddly minis.

Seems to have a very stiff safety, hopefully this will sort itself over time... It is extremely hard (i.e. requires more than just my thumb) to flick into automatic. Isn't so hard on the return to safe though. Anyone else had this problem?

Still love it to bits though, easily the best Airsoft purchase I've made in the last five years.

That's really weird, how are you supposed to release the spring then? Silly VFC.

The only thing I can think of is the safety works as the springrelease, atleast on mine I can pull it a little further and it kinda feels like it's pushing in something(I know STAR uses this system in their L85, so VFC might have copied it. I'll test it out and see.

The charging handle it a little annoying, but it sounds cool enough just pulling it back and forth :P

My safety is actually a little too smooth I think :P

Oh, and with the small connector I think that is because instead of buying a wire extender you can just buy a "small to big" connector. For even if it was a big tamyia connector, the battery would be to far away to plug it in :P

That's really weird, how are you supposed to release the spring then? Silly VFC.

The only thing I can think of is the safety works as the springrelease, atleast on mine I can pull it a little further and it kinda feels like it's pushing in something(I know STAR uses this system in their L85, so VFC might have copied it. I'll test it out and see.

The charging handle it a little annoying, but it sounds cool enough just pulling it back and forth :P

My safety is actually a little too smooth I think :P

Oh, and with the small connector I think that is because instead of buying a wire extender you can just buy a "small to big" connector. For even if it was a big tamyia connector, the battery would be to far away to plug it in :P

You can't release the spring, the trigger/safety does nothing. The safety was super stiff on mine at first, now it's nice and assertive, i.e it's smooth un-safetying but very tactile and secure when setting the gun to safety.

As for the safety handle, meh, don't really care. It's like complaining about the M4 cocking handle not going anywhere or whatnot, frankly it's a bb gun, I'm sure it's a pet peeve for you guys, but it's just one less thing that could break.

As for the smaller connector, not a big deal, if you have a large to mini-adapter problem solved, as you'll need an extender anyways, as there's no way to position a battery either to the side of the cardboard box, or under it, and have enough slack without an extender. Also I'm running the gun on the 12v 3600mah battery for now, with 2x 2700mah 9.6vs as backups if the main battery dies in game. I also brought along 3x AK 1700mah 9.6v stick batteries (which can go in the gas return tube) just in case. I'd rather have too many spare batteries than not enough.

That said, again these are all small peeves on an otherwise kickass gun. Now that the carry handle issue is resolved with mine, yay, the only other one was battery placement, for which I'm happy to say is resolved as well. I'd say the cocking handle is a meh issue, yeah it'd be nice if it worked in some capacity. But i'm not that deseperate for a sound effect.

Yes, read back a few pages. Someone posted their experiences, the box mag kind of turned soggy during the rain.

Gun: by the way I check my M60 as well, the serial is the same as yours, so sadly, not unique.

Edited by Titleist
  • 1 month later...
Oh yeah, one more question: is it easy to crush the box mag? I'm afraid that the box will get smashed against me if I sling it and go for my sidearm.

Dont think you'll crush the mag very easy. I've slammed it into some stones a few times now and it's still holding up nicely.

My front sling mount broke of last game though. Was turning around when suddenly it just snapped right off. Luckily I was holding it at the time si it didnt fall to the ground.

I have sent VFC a mail and they said they could send me a new one if I could get a picture of the broken part. So I sent them that and I'm still waiting for a reply. Hopefully they will ship it to me free of charge :)

Edited by Gundrosen
  • 1 month later...

hate to revive a dead thread but I was wondering how these are holding up? It has been a few months since these guns where released.

Im looking at getting mine from AEX w/ftk, gears and spring, shooting 400fps.

So anyone out there have any problems or are they still purring like a newborn kitten.

Just got mine yesterday.

The only 3 problems i have with it are:

1. The release lever for the barrel is refusing to move for even a mm

2. the front sight is a little bit too loose for my liking (but after a small "Forze" treatment it will be fine ;) )

3. the BB feeder is ****ing difficult to connect correctly imho :( but i hope a little practise will fix that ;)

Otherwise it's the best damn replica i have ever owned (& i owned a lot last 2.5 years ;) )

I'm glad to hear all the good news. This gun is just beastly... but in a good way! :D

Does anyone know where I could find an M60E4 flashhider? I prefer that to the "duckbill" that comes with the Mk43.

Also: I've found a source for realsteel carry handles (in the US). Granted, it's $100 and probably takes some modification to install, but it's better than the stock one. :)

http://jtdistributing.com/store/m_60_parts.html#1661