MP7 Picture Thread

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extend the stock and put your arm up like you're a weight lifter. Humerus parallel to the ground and radius/ulna perpendicular.

Hold the pistol grip normally and the stock should tuck right into the crook of your arm perfectly. Is there a gap? Stock is too short. Are you not able to grasp the pistol grip normally? Stock is too long.

Side note, this does not take a plate carrier or soft armour into account. With either of those the stock needs to be shorter to give your normal reach.

How is this the case? I can just not quite hold the pistol grip normally in that position, but when I shoulder the gun normally the length still feels on the cramped side. I certainly wouldn't want it any shorter, it's pretty much perfect for a compact gun, maybe an extra inch would be comfortable.

Length of pull is a very well established parameter for fitting a weapon with a stock.

As all things are said your mileage may vary; so some folks will never notice this and never figure out why if they're seated on a bench the shoot well but if they go prone they aways miss. Others will know or notice, and take steps to work over the fit of the weapon.

This just might open a whole new world to you that no one had ever told you about.

I've got long gorilla arms and I shoot an AR with the stock fully extended for target plinking, but with a PC on and in a "dynamic" environment (clearing buildings, firing from prone, crawling, etc.) I need it almost fully collapsed.

Nice MP7 by the way :)

:P Yeah, traded for it with some tool I know. Kidding, kidding...

Anyone got reccomendations for MP7 mag inserts for my 6094? Itd be more efficient than running a dedicated pouch since real estate is limited and my marsupial pouch usually just holds paperwork. I'm wary of them falling out even with retention straps. I figure buying LBT's would ensure a good fit and quality.

I removed it with a very VERY pain staking process, I used satin black automotive touch up paint. Originally I intended to just paint over the trades very carefully, then the paint melted the plastic. So what I did was applied another layer of paint which again melted the plastic and then utilized rough sand paper. What I did with the sand paper was placed it over the wet/melted section and I tapped the back of it with my hand. What this did was indent the plastic in a very similar fashion as the rest of the body. Now if you were to look at it, you'd barely even know I originally messed it up.

Also forgot to mention, I used the tip of an exacto knife as well to make indention in the plastic.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

That is pretty tedious. I think I may just deal with it. Or pick up an earlier model sometimes. 2 MP7s couldn't hurt, right? :D

I think I'm just nitpicking now. The thing is an absolute blast to use. It sucks having white Umarex ###### but it's not too distracting. I ran it over with some shoe polish earlier and got it to fade to a more gray-ish shade, so it's not so noticeable.

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post. Despite the QR sticker over the nasty Umarex blurb,I'd like to slap a blue armor number on my MP7 and mags to keep track of them. Anyone know where it would be "kosher" to paint on the gun and mags?

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got a 2nd hand KWA/Umarex (horrible trades everywhere) MP7! Man, this gun is sweet!

Quick question: how do I lower the FPS? It came with the the "low power" or "heavy" bolt, but it is still shooting 375 FPS and I need to get it down to at least 350. if I added more weight to the bolt, would that decrease the FPS or are the shooting and the blowback action independent? I dont want to use less powerful gas, since i dont want to loose the fantastic strong blowback.

Oh, and if you have lost your hop up adjustment tool, a flat screw driver will work just as well.

And if, like me, you have lost or damaged the side rails (mine came without them), both the airsoft and the RS MP7 uses the same rails as the G36 C, so you can get a pair shipped for just 9$ form a Aliexpress.

Edited by chas

You're shooting 375 with the CQB bolt? I'm shooting 295 with my CQB bolt with propane and .20g

I know. Green gas and 0.2s here too. It's absurd.

I would suspect the heavy bolt would lower the cyclic rate but increase the FPS. It will be slower to cycle so that means more gas pushing the BB down the barrel.

The heavy bolt is designed to lower the FPS. It´s sold as "CQB bolt" and it even has "Low-Power" written on the external side.

Good thing they never let me write ad copy.

Break it down. Light bolt will move first and move faster cutting off the flow of gas to the BB. Heavy bolt will take more energy to move and move more slowly untill the flow of gas down the barrel will cease. Knowing what we know about gas guns which will put less energy into the projectile?

Unless the heavy bolt has some sort of bleed to reduce gas flow the answer is pretty clear.

• 2 weeks later...