1911 Duel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey!  I was wondering if any of you know if the TM HI-Capa's and TM 1911's barrels are inter-changeable?  I would like to get that threaded outer barrel two posts up for my HI-CAPA but I'm not sure if it'll fit.  Their design looks the same in pictures but I wonder if anyone has ever tried it. Thanks!  :D

The Hi Capa has a cone shaped outer barrel. If you wanted to run that outer barrel you would need a bushing set, I know SD makes them, but you would need to also have a SD slide.

Will the TM 1911a1 slide work on the WE 1911a1 frame?  I would like to get a second slide for the WE that has trades.  I see 3 or 4 different slides with trades that state they are for marui and would like to know if they will also fir the WE.

Was that question ever answered? I'd like to know, too. :)

Was that question ever answered? I'd like to know, too.  :)

I cannot remember if I answered it in forums or PM.

The slides were not 100%.. and now I cannot remember which one fitted and which one did not.

The frames are slightly different, as they are different size magazines as well.

Only a vague relevance, but I wanted to put it in writing somewhere to share the knowledge -

WE 1911 slides work on WE Hi-Capa 5.1 frames.

WE Hi-Capa 5.1 slides do NOT work on WE 1911 frames.

WE Hi-Capa 5.1 barrels + recoil rods work in WE 1911 frames.

WE 1911 barrels + spring guides etc. do NOT work in WE Hi-Capa 5.1 frames.

WE Hi-Capa 5.1 slide internals will NOT fit in WE 1911 slides.

WE 1911 slide internals will NOT fit in WE Hi-Capa 5.1 slides.

CC

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

definately agree with ya there. The ABS on that Magnatech slide seemed very ... soft. It would last longer on the flow restricter from AI, but it did feel very nice.

A definite candidate for a metal frame and use the internals. :)

Yeah, the same. Though I can't decide which makes more sense - to metal kit my Magna Tech, or just get a new gun when the slide notch can't be restored any longer.

Or, the cheapest solution: disabling the slide lock. Really is an ace gun, otherwise.