Neutral Rep Points?

Such as retaliatory neg-repping me for a completely valid comment of mine?

I'm sorry if you think that blinding people with a laser is a joke - why don't you take it up with a mod instead of "abusing the system" Boosterboy?

CC

Yes I did send a PM to the mods, but they are probably too busy to care over such a petty subject.

In the past, you gave me a neg rep for "saying that ICS's splitmechbox is bad"

Now I gave I gave you a neg rep for saying Marui's v2 gearbox is bad.

So I see it's fair that we both neg rep each other for expressing an opinion.

BUT:

It turns out, you only think Marui's V2 mechbox is bad because you take 1 HOUR to do a spring swap, while most people take less than 20 minutes. You promoted ICS because it takes 10 minutes to do a spring change, 10 minutes for a split mechbox? Isn't that kinda slow.

Most of the people I know take 15-20 minutes to do a spring swap on the Marui V2 mechboxes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is kind of slow - but remember, I did say that it was my first and subsequently second time into a gearbox - and that included trying to work out how to take the guns down, and get the gearboxes apart. The actual time I took is irrelevant - the ICS gearbox is easier to work in and you still haven't given evidence as to why you think otherwise, and I frankly can't understand your opinion!

I hadn't seen my previous neg rep - so I'm sorry, but I presumed that you were just giving me a retalitory neg rep over nothing. No hard feelings hey?

Back on topic...

I personally can't see the point in neutral reps - and I can't see a problem with the current system. Sure, you get misunderstandings like the one above between me and Boosterboy, but cool people end up with overall positive rep, and idiots end up with overall negative rep. No-ones reading the rep, so spamming it isn't an issue.

If you really want to SHOW THE WORLD! what you think about a post - but you have nothing constructive to say (e.g. you're giving neutral rep...) then you've a bit of an inferiority complex.

CC

Such as retaliatory neg-repping me for a completely valid comment of mine?

I'm sorry if you think that blinding people with a laser is a joke - why don't you take it up with a mod instead of "abusing the system" Boosterboy?

CC

I all fairness that was blatantly a joke and it's not the first time you have over reacted ot Jokes. ;)

Jokes are another thing involved in reps. Some people misinterpret a joke or find it offensive and leave a neg rep. Other times people just misinterpret something or don't realize sarcasm and leave a neg, which results in angry PMs and mod involvement and is just bad for everyone.

Jokes are another thing involved in reps. Some people misinterpret a joke or find it offensive and leave a neg rep. Other times people just misinterpret something or don't realize sarcasm and leave a neg, which results in angry PMs and mod involvement and is just bad for everyone.

I'm guessing you're a bit bruised after having those negative reputation points, but they were all valid, some of us may of not expressed our opinions particularly well (ie: that god please make it stop picture by me), but all the negative points were valid. It's basically a warning for: "you're offending some members/getting on my tits", this means that the community itself can be doing the moderators work, by telling other members that their posts or attitude is out of line. Admittedly, alot of arguements do happen (ie: you calling me a menstruating *badgeress* because I found being told what to discuss was rude), but that basically tells everyone about their maturity level. :)

I'd like to point out one thing that may help you make more constructive posts in the future, as my reputation point didn't really explain itself.

You're not coming accross as sarcastic.

You're not following the "general ettiquette" to representing sarcasm over the internet, it's hard to realise a piece of text on a computer screen is sarcastic, as we can't hear the tone of your voice, which is how people realise you're being sarcastic in real life. The "key" to showing sarcasm over the internet, is to use those little yellow faces to the left of posting text box. I'll show you your posts where you have gotten negative reputation points, and you replying to these negative reps saying

WHat the hell? Are you the only one here who can't detect sarcasm?
Infact, looking through your past negative reps, you got a neg rep for calling someone a dumbass when they were being sarcastic and actually used a smiley. I think this is where the problem is...

By the way, there is infact a rule on Arnies, about sarcasm:

Use 'Smileys' effectively

'Smileys' can be used in your forum posts. If you are joking about something, use them to help indicate that your statement was made humorously. They can be used to indicate your mood and show that something was not meant to be taken seriously. If you don't use them, people will assume you are being serious. Arguments have broken out before because of a misunderstood joke.

Now, to show you the posts where you broke this rule and got a negative reputation point:

does a dead pidgeon with a p99 jammed down it's throat count as art? Cause if it does...

I'm sure a lot of people found this annoying, because there's no smiley, and you had a previous thread where you complained about movie gore/blood/violence, which is fake, yet you seem to be boasting about partaking in animal cruelty.

I think that's about what I wanted to post. I meant no offense by this, just wanted to show you why people are giving you negative reputation points.

It's not the first time you have over reacted to jokes.

I don't care what the circumstances are - dead baby jokes are NOT funny at all, and are based effectively on one of the most despicable human acts possible. If you don't think it'll be taken the right way, then don't post it at all.

I think that as long as users who people generally get on with have plus rep, and users who people are narked with have minus rep, the system works. People are complaining about the rep system by saying that it is irelevant. If it is so irrelevant, then why complain?

CC

guys look if you're having problems sort it out with PMs and lets get back on topic.

Perhaps we could institute a comments section in profiles, where it's sorta like a post where the complaining party posts their comment first and the person receiving this will respond so on and so forth. This way they can solve the issue so mods don't have to waste time. And if there is controversy over a comment precieved as offensive, it can be explained and an agreement can be made.

Edited by Munitions Man