kage kara mamarou

paranoia agent

dokoro chan

kannon

grenadier

ikkitousen

neon genesis evangelion

eiken(hehe)

ghost in the shell(just the original movie sadly)

akira

gundam wing

dragon ball z (on cartoon network)

blue submarine 6

pokemon ftw!

zoids

oh my goddess ova

i generally watch them with subs if possible but i dont mind good dubs.

In random order:

Yukikaze

Ghost in the Shell (movies and TV series)

Jin-Roh

Gunslinger Girl (thanks to Arnies Review section for that one :) )

Area 88

Kino no Tabi

Gasaraki

Initial D

Those Who Hunt Elves

Cowboy Bebop

Full Metal Panic

Grave of the Fireflies

All other Miyazaki films I remember seeing

Metropolis

Hellsing

Star Blazers/Space Battleship Yamato (old school, cheesy sci-fi, yay!)

Blood: The Last Vampire

JASDF 801st Tactical Training Squadron "Airbats"

Silent Service

Gundam 08th MS Team (only Gundam series I've ever liekd)

Macross Zero

Otaku no Video (includes a short interview with a Japanese airsoft "geek"!!!)

FLCL/Furi Kuri

Trigun

Dominion Tank Police

Patlabor

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Big Wars

Metal Skin Panic - Madox 01

Captain Herlock

Some I liked more than others, and some I've only seen a few episodes of.

I prefer sutitles to dubbing, btw. Well, except for Star Blazers :D

There's also lots of anime I didn't enjoy.

I'm liking FLAG so far--I just hope it gets some good combat footage in the later episodes.

Episode 5 and 6 you will get plenty, it picks up trust me :). I won't spoil it for ya there not translated yet but give it time, some places rush fansubs and it's really crappily done (poor translations, very bad image quality). I wait and the good groups release it with very good font and translated well, plus sometimes you get HD quality releases. A lot of times Shinsen will release pretty good releases at a very nice resolution though. Can't wait to get my 22" LCD so I can get more viewing angle with the HD fansubs.

I really like the way fansubs do their subtitles as it's easy to read and doesn't hurt the eye but I can understand why american companys would discourage subtitles or japanese voices as they paid american voice actors good money. Still would be nice to have some decent subtitles on dvd though :(

Anyone seen Comic Party? I borrowed it from a friend. I just finished it, IMO it's ok, nothing too great; it's good for a time killer and when there's nothing else to watch, a very light series, but not worth buying or going out of the way to get ;)

I like the concept though, it's an "anime about anime/otaku cultural" anime, not too many of those around, the only one I can think of that's remotely like it is Welcome to the NHK.

Ditto, in fact 4 (good old ebay). I was going to get a throwing star as well, but wasn't sure of the legality of it.

My brother gave me mine for Christmas, not sure where he bought it though. I've had a look at Hot Topic and they seem to bought in a fair few bits and pieces of merchandise since the show got big.

Well of course you like Naruto,  you are a ninja after all so you can relate to his problems :P

Exactly. We ninja have to stick together. Or something.

Anyone else seen Legend of the Overfiend?

....LOL

Me. I've seen the second one as well, and it's even wierder.

I like Ninja Scroll...

So do I.

Anyone seen the sequal to Jin Roh called Red Spectacles?

I've just recently heard of it.  :(

Not really a sequel.

Mamoru Oshii made two live-action movies about the Kerberos Panzer Cops before Jin-Roh was made, Red Spectacles and Stray Dog.

On Amazon.com you'll find the Mamoru Oshii Cinema Trilogy set, containing those two movies, Talking Head and the original soundtrack to Stray Dog.

I loved Jin-Roh myself, both the action scenes and the dark, gritty feel it had.

Also, I forgot to list Dead Leaves in my previous post. Probably weirdest anime I've ever seen.

Oh, and Ichi the Killer Episode Zero, prequel to the live-action movie Ichi the Killer.

Might not beat Dead Leaves for pure weirdness, but it's without a doubt the most perversely psychotic and violent anime I've seen. I never watch Hentai, though, I'm sure there's even more extreme pieces of animation within that genre.

By the way is Manga pretty similar to a comic book? I've been thinking of picking up the manga for Planetes since the Anime is based off it. Are manga generally in color or black and white?

Also I just watched The Cockpit quite an amazing anime. It's a hard to find unlicensed series, 3 episode OVA. It was made in 1994 and basically is about the AXIS side of World War II. The 1st episode focuses on the Nazis right after they developed the V2 and their working on nuclear technology, the 2nd series is pretty sad and focuses on Japan losing the war and developing a vehicle for kamikaze divers powered by some sort of rocket technology. It's a real aircraft nicknamed by the Americans Baka (Stupid in Japanese) or known as the Blossom. The 3rd one focuses on some base that was taken over in Japan. Regardless of being shown from the other side it's a really good anime. The only copys you can find now are the fansubbed versions on VHS and you have to import them if you do find them.

By the way is Manga pretty similar to a comic book? I've been thinking of picking up the manga for Planetes since the Anime is based off it. Are manga generally in color or black and white?

Most of them I've read have been black and white.

I have still yet to see Gunslinger Girl, I'll probably pick it up when I have the chance.

And the front cover and rear cover have reversed sides, most of the time.

I don't read manga because I can never figure out which word bubble I'm supposed to read first.

lol, it's ok, somehow a lot of people just can't read manga, it's just natural to some and confusing as hell to others. I grew up reading manga so I've never had problem.

Archived