Anime?

PILMAN

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't decapitate arms.

Hah...true.

I meant amputated :P

Anyway...another anime I loved was the one with a guy with pentagrams on his gloves trying to destroy Tokyo...cant remember the name of it.

Oh...forgot Gundam :o I love the older series: Gundam The Movie, 0080, 0083, 08th MS Team. And I REALLY want to see Armoured Trooper VOTOMs.

Ultimate Teacher is teh funniez

wow i never knew so many people on arnies were into anime!

for me (because im cheap) im watchin all of my anime off of youtube.

i LOVE outlaw star, cowboy bebop, love hina, gundam wing, ghost in the shell, escaflowne, evangellion and some others

btw, DOES ANYONE WANAN BUY SOME MANGA?

just seeing if i can get some business :D

I'm a fan of Azumanga Diaoh

Oh God, I bet you're one of those goddamn desu flooders on my /b/.

desu.jpg

The only anime I have ever watched all the way through has been NGE. However I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of it. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I'll be harvesting some of the cooler sounding ideas from this thread. Cheers guys!

desu.jpg

The only anime I have ever watched all the way through has been NGE. However I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of it. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I'll be harvesting some of the cooler sounding ideas from this thread. Cheers guys!

THIS is that "desu" character everyone's been talking about?

desuwebssx3.jpg

I get most of my anime off of animesuki. It's high quality xvid rips, their legal too as they are not licensed outside of Japan therefore you have the opportunity to see Anime that may never leave Japan. They normally have english subtitles. Some of it has become licensed outside of US as the fansubs have helped make the shows popular outside of the US. I couldn't stand watching anime on youtube i'd go nuts lol.

I get most of my anime off of animesuki. It's high quality xvid rips, their legal too as they are not licensed outside of Japan therefore you have the opportunity to see Anime that may never leave Japan. They normally have english subtitles. Some of it has become licensed outside of US as the fansubs have helped make the shows popular outside of the US. I couldn't stand watching anime on youtube i'd go nuts lol.

yea i know wat you mean i used to watch anime on my comp until it kinda brought in a virus :o so now i use my tv and my satelite to find all my fav anime lol

yea i know wat you mean i used to watch anime on my comp until it kinda brought in a virus :o  so now i use my tv and my satelite to find all my fav anime lol

hm that's weird, normally uncommon to get viruses from media files. I guess it's possible. I've been downloading for about 4 years haven't had any issues. I'm really looking forward to future licensed anime however, I know it'll be a long time but I really hope they license 'FLAG'. It has such a documentary feel to it. Also on IRC Rizon.net has some awesome fansub groups.

My favourite:

-Naruto (I've got the kunai to prove it)

-Gunslinger Girl

-Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, possibly the weirdest plot, with episodes in the wrong order and characters popping in and out of existance

-Grave of the Fireflies

-Princess Mononoke (still one of my favourites)

Princess Mononoke, yes I saw that one the other day. I was impressed at an anime with good American/English dubbing (along with Metropolis), but then again it was proper actors. I don't think I would have been able to stand it had it been dubbed like the NGE series. *shudders*

hm that's weird, normally uncommon to get viruses from media files. I guess it's possible. I've been downloading for about 4 years haven't had any issues. I'm really looking forward to future licensed anime however, I know it'll be a long time but I really hope they license 'FLAG'. It has such a documentary feel to it. Also on IRC Rizon.net has some awesome fansub groups.

Flag... is that the one about the war and told from a first person prospective by a camerawomen? Saw the first ep the other day, pretty interesting.

My favourite:

-Naruto (I've got the kunai to prove it)

-Gunslinger Girl

-Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, possibly the weirdest plot, with episodes in the wrong order and characters popping in and out of existance

-Grave of the Fireflies

-Princess Mononoke (still one of my favourites)

Yes! Someone else that likes Suzumiya. It seems weird at first, and out of order, but if you rewatch it in the correct ep order and think about it a little (and catch the hints they give you) it's actually not that weird and makes perfect sense (well, as much sense as possible, since somethings are kept in there though you can only find out later)

The anime is based on a series of novels, though the anime follows the novel faithfully (the most faithful source-to-anime transition I've seen at that) it only covered about 1/20 of the books. Everything ties in very well and makes sense later on.

Which basically means they should make sequels!!! But noooo, they're making a Kanon remake instead of sequels for Suzumiya <_< (Wtf is so good about Kanon anyways?) At least they're haven't officially said no yet...

Hey, did you know that BLEACH is still perfectly legal to download?

How does that work? I just saw the first ep on Adult Swim the other day... I have to say, the dubbing exceeded by expectations.

O yeah, another good anime I saw was Last Exile, good at least until the first half, then the rest failed to match up to the greatness of the first half...

On a sidenote, has anyone seen Mermaid Forest? Pretty interesting... though it probably changed the way I look at the little mermaid (and mermaids in general) forever...

desu.jpg

no way ~desu. It's not my fault I talk like this ~desu!

Archived