Anime?

PILMAN

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I loved Blue Sub 6 until the last episode.  Good god they <bleep>ed that up.  Same with Armitage The Third...FAB series until the last ep.

QFT, apart from the torpeedo scene, Minosoko was ######.

Wonder if they will release a sequal to it? Despite the fact the original manga ended there, someone's bound to do some sort of follow up.

The earlier stuff by studio ghibli is preferred to be honest...

Anything after princess mononoke seems slightly rushed in the story telling, though I really liked Howl's Moving Castle... the story was written by an English woman and not the Japanese artists themselves, so it's different.

I still love Laputa and Nausicaa. Watched it dozens of times since it first came to the cinema in Hong Kong... still not bored. :)

where could i download most of the Naruto Eps? like ep 1-100 or so.

i've tried the torrents but they're all long dead...

:(

i was in canada, where a friend showed me the first 15 eps, but then the disks from 16 - 100 broke (damn him) so i couldn't copy/watch it.

You only saw to ep 15, man you missed some good stuff.

You could find them on youtube, that is legal I think. It can be annoying though as the eps are split up. your best bet is a user called intelectualxshinobi (IIRC) who actualy has subbed ones rather than crappy dubs. Though if you want dubbed ones they are fairly easy to find.

Mods if this post is breaking the rules, I appologise, please delete it.

Flag... is that the one about the war and told from a first person prospective by a camerawomen? Saw the first ep the other day, pretty interesting.

How does that work? I just saw the first ep on Adult Swim the other day... I have to say, the dubbing exceeded by expectations.

O yeah, another good anime I saw was Last Exile, good at least until the first half, then the rest failed to match up to the greatness of the first half...

On a sidenote, has anyone seen Mermaid Forest? Pretty interesting... though it probably changed the way I look at the little mermaid (and mermaids in general) forever...

Yes Flag is from a documentary prospective through someones camera. I've seen about 3 episodes so far, I'm liking the series so far just because of the uniqueness using a camera for the view.

...detanator organ...

Sounds quite a painful medical condition you have there ;) Orgun, I believe!

Ive always loved the details Shirow has put into his manga/anime, even if I dont like many of his characters.

Im more a manga person. Anyone who has not seen any of Hiraoki Samura's 'Blade Of The Immortal' series...WAYSA? :lol:

Hmm, I'm an avid fan of stuff like Love Hina, Excel Saga, FLCL (totally awesome) Hellsing, and Puni Puni Poemi to name a few ^^ if anyone has some badass titles they can reccomend, please do ^^

I didn't like Love Hina the anime too much, the manga was decent... but the anime was butchered...

I'd try School Rumble and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, they are probably this season's best comedy animes. ;) Crazy and hilarious...

How does that work? I just saw the first ep on Adult Swim the other day... I have to say, the dubbing exceeded by expectations.

Only the first 52 episodes are licensed. In other words, if you want to download 53 and up, it's still perfectly legal.

RedRonnin, you're going to love me for this one: DearS.

I was under the assumption that telling people where to get it out in the open like this was against the rules?

Could be wrong, I don't know. Regardless, I will be in Atlanta for Anime Weekend Atlanta if any of you Americans are going to be up there. I'll probably be lurking around with the Security Director, so if you want to get together, look for the fat white guy next to the tall black guy who would most likely be wearing an Armani shirt.

Wow I am REALLY wanting to get a bluray player at this point. They were demoing the anime AIR on bluray, quite amazing.

air.JPG

30-40mbps, averages 35mbps. MPEG-2, of course, but still... nice

I was under the assumption that telling people where to get it out in the open like this was against the rules?

Could be wrong, I don't know.  Regardless, I will be in Atlanta for Anime Weekend Atlanta if any of you Americans are going to be up there.  I'll probably be lurking around with the Security Director, so if you want to get together, look for the fat white guy next to the tall black guy who would most likely be wearing an Armani shirt.

It's all unlicensed anime. It wouldn't be considered piracy as there is no profit to be made and the companys cannot legally sell their products in the US. Many anime titles have become licensed later on thanks to the popularity of fansubs. Fansubs are removed as soon as the title is licensed. The only company to ever take legal action against those providing fansubs was Media Factory Inc. Basically all it said was to remove all content of a certain anime that they were preparing to release and that was all. The other companys have stated appreciation for fansubs. The large difference compared to video piracy is downloading say an anime that has been licensed and is sold in the United States strives on profit as the company has paid a lot of money to have the series dubbed, licensed, marketed, or aired on tv therefore this would be illegal to download the series as it hurts those who paid the money for all this. Fansubs being unlicensed do not harm the company as the services are not offered outside of Japan and it gives a user a good experience to watch shows that may never be licensed or aired in America or other countries due to cultural differences or lack of popularity. Some end up becoming licensed later on which I would hope users end up buying the series if that is the case. There doesn't appear to be any copyright issues regarding unlicensed movies/tv series being distributed or at least enforced.

Regarding the convention I may be there, I live about an hour from Atlanta as I live on the panhandle of Florida for the time being (duel citizenship has it's benefits). The last convention I went to was Gencon in Indiana they had some nice cosplay and anime there, I think that was back in 2002.

Archived