is the KJW para p14 45 any good?

pedrosalas7

The trouble with most reviews is that they're written by people who've just bought an item. People tend to only buy stuff that they want to own and that prejudices most reviews IMO.

The KJW P14s are not bad as a skirmish weapon, pretty good accuracy and range from what I've seen. They are about the best KJW gun I've seen (haven't seen a KJW P226).

TBH, I think they look kind of chubby with the double-stacker mag. The paint finish on all KJWs is rather poor. The paint is very thickly and obviously applied. Looks absolutely NOTHING like blued steel. There are no trademarks.

If you just want a cheap, metal, .45 then I'd probably go for a WE 1911 instead. It's just a purer design IMO.

Stealthbomber i really appreciate your opinion to be honest for me trademarks are a plus but not a must. i'd really like a single stack but the 1911 A1 (the original) is just not my style and i don't get a WA no because of the price but because of it's inability to use propane(which is what i'm going to use), i like the more modern 1911s like the kimber warriors and that stuff, but if they come out with a full metal single stack that can use propane and it's not very expensive by december (that's when i'm going to get it) i'll definitely buy that.

-Pedro Salas.

No problem.

I just try to be honest. A lot of people either sugar-coat stuff cos they own it or rip it to bits cos they hate it.

As I say, the KJW P14 is a nice gun but it's the sort of gun you'll still have a nagging wish that maybe you should have bought something else instead about.

yeah i know what that feels like I always get the feeling, not that i'm unhappy with my stuff because i'm not it's just that i see the other thing i was thinking about buying and for a second i think "I should have gotten that instead of this" but then i see my things and that feeling goes right away. and yeah it's what you say about people sugar coating stuff, anyway I still have like 2 or 3 months to decide on my back up so we'll see how the market evolves.

-Pedro Salas.

On the original topic, I bought a used KJW para ordanance and I'm well pleased with it. I personally prefer single stackers, but it was the right price and I hadn't seen any 1911 FMVs that were going to cost what I was prepared to pay for a plinking gun.

Kj's quality control is notorious, but the feel of the piece is worth the risk IMHO. I've been chucking winter-gas through it with impunity and the kick and noise of the thing is priceless. Makes an old man happy untill he gets to shoot a real one again ;-)

If I were buying another one, I'd stick with used; that way someone else gets to vet the gun for quality issues before you do.

I got the full metal version and its a superb gun. Still going strong after 6 months and 4 skirmishes. If you buy it...buy it from somewhere that gives at least a few months warranty so if it does bugger up you can take it back. Oh and if you get the full metal version then green gas won't void the warranty :)

Bad experience with my KJW Para, when i received there has a loose piece, after 2 mags another piece fall, sometimes it doesn´t blowback, so i have to cocked manually. But as some says, sometimes you got bad luck. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Someone is talking about the KJW Para! I'm about to be the owner of a broken P14-45 (broken mag) which hopefully will be put back to working status by our gunsmith.

Put a different slide on.

:zorro:

Sledge, are you saying the Para can take a metal slide for a different gun, like a 1911?

Yes, I am a noob. :flamed:

Archived