.20g or .25g?

cHk4

Ha, no worries dude. If you want a compromise between range and accuracy you could always go for .23g bb's. Don't weigh as much as .25's but have a better accuracy than .2's. I personally use .2g all the time because they are cheap and I'm poor but I suppose its all down to preference :D

Ha, no worries dude.  If you want a compromise between range and accuracy you could always go for .23g bb's.  Don't weigh as much as .25's but have a better accuracy than .2's.  I personally use .2g all the time because they are cheap and I'm poor but I suppose its all down to preference :D

True I might have to stick with .2's when I start as going to have 3-4 mid cap for normal bb's then 2-3 mid cap tracer mags, 600 tracer bb's = £9.99 :(

bear in mind while a heavier BB will reduce FPS it wont reduce energy

No site actually bothers with FPS per se their only concern is energy and with .20s 1 joule is 328FPS with .25s 1 joule is 290-something or other FPS, so if your aim to reduce FPS by using heavier BBs to meet a sites 'FPS limits' its a non-starter ie the gun will still need downgraded so it can kick out the sites 'FPS limit' when tested with .20g bbs

stevie

bear in mind while a heavier BB will reduce FPS it wont reduce energy

No site actually bothers with FPS per se their only concern is energy and with .20s 1 joule is 328FPS with .25s 1 joule is 290-something or other FPS, so if your aim to reduce FPS by using heavier BBs to meet a sites 'FPS limits' its a non-starter ie the gun will still need downgraded so it can kick out the sites 'FPS limit' when tested with .20g bbs

stevie

Imma have to buy a second gun for going to skirmish sites :(

True I might have to stick with .2's when I start as going to have 3-4 mid cap for normal bb's then 2-3 mid cap tracer mags, 600 tracer bb's = £9.99 :(

Do remember though that those 600 tracer rounds will go further than you think as you wouldn't have a mag simply full of tracers. You'd mix about 1 tracer for every 8 non-tracer BBs. With the ROF of most AEGs, you'll get a nice tracer effect, but without using them all up quickly. It's all personal preference but I find I don't tend to use many tracer round for night games - my red-dot sight gives me a rough guide while the tracers help to confirm every now and again.

Do remember though that those 600 tracer rounds will go further than you think as you wouldn't have a mag simply full of tracers. You'd mix about 1 tracer for every 8 non-tracer BBs.  With the ROF of most AEGs, you'll get a nice tracer effect, but without using them all up quickly.  It's all personal preference but I find I don't tend to use many tracer round for night games - my red-dot sight gives me a rough guide while the tracers help to confirm every now and again.

aaaa! lol, I feel like a real silly noob :P I was like damn 600 tracer rounds <.< thats like 4 and a bit mags lol, but now you put it like that say 1 every 8 thats less than 20 tracer rounds per mid cap mag! Nice thinking :DDDD and thanks for saving me money!

No worries dude - it's a case of experimenting on mixing the tracer rounds with your normal bag of BBs and trialling the ratio. I mean don't sit there counting 8 tracer for every 1 normal!! Remeber though that the tracer rounds are really only effective at night.

Another 'tracer' style idea would be if you use Black BBs. These are damn near impossible to see and don't have that 'white stream' effect that you see when peopel normally fire at you. I use a well set up red dot sight so I'm OK for knowing where they're going (normally with white BBs you can almost guide them onto the target). A simple way of tracering black BBs is get a handful of white BBs for every bag of black. Dump them in and shake it up and voila - daytime tracers as such!

Works for me anyway!! :D

No worries dude - it's a case of experimenting on mixing the tracer rounds with your normal bag of BBs and trialling the ratio.  I mean don't sit there counting 8 tracer for every 1 normal!!  Remeber though that the tracer rounds are really only effective at night.

Another 'tracer' style idea would be if you use Black BBs.  These are damn near impossible to see and don't have that 'white stream' effect that you see when peopel normally fire at you.  I use a well set up red dot sight so I'm OK for knowing where they're going (normally with white BBs you can almost guide them onto the target).  A simple way of tracering black BBs is get a handful of white BBs for every bag of black.  Dump them in and shake it up and voila - daytime tracers as such!

Works for me anyway!! :D

Pritty neat idea, I like the idea of tracers in the day with the black / white.

Yea my main games at the moment will be at night, gun is not back in stock till 29th so gotta wait a few weeks till next game, although will be testing it out in bag yard :D

Thanks for all advice,

Are tracer mags good also ? :D

My experience with them has been good. I felt the tracer BBs weren't as bright when using tracer mags compared with the TM Tracer Unit, but it's a lot more cost effective to have tracer mags as you don't have to shell out for the tracer unit! It also means you can keep the gun looking the way you want!

It's not a massive difference between the mags and the dedicated unit, but I've made the switch to mags rather than the unit - just for the ease of use and cost effectiveness (while still retaining the cool factor at night :DB))

My experience with them has been good.  I felt the tracer BBs weren't as bright when using tracer mags compared with the TM Tracer Unit, but it's a lot more cost effective to have tracer mags as you don't have to shell out for the tracer unit!  It also means you can keep the gun looking the way you want!

It's not a massive difference between the mags and the dedicated unit, but I've made the switch to mags rather than the unit - just for the ease of use and cost effectiveness (while still retaining the cool factor at night :DB))

Yea I have to have mag's because the gun im getting g&p m4 special operations has a silencer at the end and I dont wanna loose the cool look :D but nice to know they still work good :D

Thanks once again if only I could rep I would + 1 you :(

Archived