Marushin M1 Garand GBB

Tarnish

Well unlike Arnie I'm over the moon that Marushin is jumping on the Garand bandwagon as he puts it. ;) Smokey's M1 is stupidly expensive and neither of Hudson's M1s are airsoft. My prime hobby is WW2 US Army re-enactment but the gear and a TM Thompson often get used for airsofting, an affordable M1 rifle would make me stop having "silly" ideas like buying a Minimi! (Perhaps)

:D

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! ....I own a TM Thompson and a Marushin M1 Carbine... I'll be soo tempted for this one....

BUT I'm going to be ###### if they make it bolt-action non-blowback like the carbine! It had batter be semi auto blowback! And it would be cool if it ejected the thing so it goes "PING!" when you run out.:)

tis always the way in the wonderful world of airsoft.

gone are the days of yore when brave companies such as JAC or MMC would vie with each other to produce the most unique and collectible weaponry.

now we are the grey guardians of airsoft, armalite in one hand, m9 in the other, and all clad in US bdus...

I shall buy an AUG and dress up in Irish Army uniform, just to annoy :)

still, we've all wanted an m1 garand for a while, so now at least we have a choice- just hope its more like their m1 carbine than their kar98!

check out these guys' review of the 98k:

http://www.skirmish.at/reviews/marushin_kar98k_maxi/

as you can see, build quality, especially of some of the moving parts, is woefully inferior to the m1.

personally, I'd not mind it too much if they just took the internals of an m1 carbine and dropped them into the garand- ok, it wouldn't be semi-auto, but at least bits wouldn't break :)

the most important things to me are that it's semi auto, preferably blowback, and it should be relatively powerful and very accurate, reliable and solid :)

well, um, I think that'll just about cover all the variables :blink:

as I say, the k98 isn't wonderfully built, especially in the moving parts department, which isn't good news.

best we can hope is that they've based their internals on the m1 carbine- if its a blowback too, thats great, though in a sniper rifle, I'll be happy enough if it works consisitently and doesn't have important stressed parts snapping every 5 minutes!

My priority list:

1: reliability

2: accuracy

3: power

4: looks

The M1 Carbine had a list that went something like 3, 1, 2, 4...

I'd rather skip the shells to get an iota of playability/reliability out of it, but I want a mind-numbing KA-POW when I pull the trigger, 450 fps or more (power is usually the one thing you can rely on Marushin to deliver, even if the gun looks like cat poo and falls apart after five minutes). And, of course, accuracy...Which will probably be what the modding people will have to work on.

Call me a dreamer but whenever I envision a Garand in airsoft I see myself proned out in some foliage, carefully aiming with the standard sights and actually hitting what I point the fricking thing at with at least half of my shots. I guess I got a bit spoiled after sniping people at 80-90 meters with my friends Tanaka KAR98 :-)

*prays for a good gun*

Hs anyone else thought that the review of the Kar98 that Crazy Harry posted claims that the FPS is too high with 8mm .34g BBs?

What do you mean by that?Hes lying or it too powerful?My marushin M1 8mm carbine fires a .45bb at 400fps in the summer,it was a very hot day mind.Because its that powerful i use it as a sniper rifle with the sniper rifle minium engagment rule.On the site i play at its still 350fps for aeg,semi-autos, and 500fps for sniper rifles.

Did anyone note that in Crazy Harry's review, he used Green Gas, no bloody wonder he's got a shagged K98, I've used only 134 in mine, with no problems at all, on wonder he's called Crazy, why use Green gas in a gun that designed for 134 in a review, any problems with the gun have be caused by him.

I've had my marushin from new, put over 2000 rounds though with no brakeage of parts or feeding problems wonder why!.

that's lovely for you, but if you'd read the rules, you would have noticed that 328 fps (the UK limit) is the limit for discussion here.  best not to mention it again, or this thread could be locked.

This has been discussed on another forum here in the UK after an airsoft dealer sought advice from his local police firearms officer he was told the following.

(Please keep in mind that I actually agree with 328fps being the limit for AEGs and Semi-Autos but I feel 400fps is reasonable for single shot guns as long as a minimum engagement distance is observed. (Not a bad thing even for stock AEGs as even 280fps at 5 metres bloody hurts in the "right" place!) Apologies in advance for the hoohah this is may create, but it's all about open minded discussion here I hope) :-

" We had a meeting with the firearms liaison officer direct from the Dorset Police Headquarters. At the same time, other sites arranged similar meetings and we were all given the same information. Obviously because this was face-to-face we have no letter to scan, but I will tell you what she said. Obviously I don't want to go into the debate again, but if I can clarify this law for just one person it's worth writing. Frankly I have no interest in anything anyone on ASCUK has to say about the matter, they are faceless names on a computer screen, and until these people are prepared to speak to me face to face about the issues they have (if any) it doesn't bother me one hoot.

We knew the firearms liaison officer from advice we had been given in the past. She knew and understood the sport, so we explained what the rumours were about fps. Basically it boils down to is this.

Firstly, you are paying to play at a site for the sole purpose of shooting people and getting shot. You sign at the start of the day (well at our site anyway) a rules and info sheet which clearly has on it the fps levels you will be playing at. These are also displayed on big signs, so it can't be argued that you didn’t' know what limits you were playing at. The limits are perfectly legal. There is NO legislation that says any rifle under 12 foot pounds (or any handgun under 6) is illegal to own - because it isn't. So the police aren't going to suddenly turn up at your door one day or at your site and take away your guns. The only legislation that applies to the ownership of airsoft guns is age - you must be 18 or over to purchase one (a recent change of legislation).

So, you know the limits and you go out to play. Normally speaking, and using pas

t as a guide in reality there has never been a problem - you get shot, take your hit etc. job done. Let's say someone gets shot and it injures them, makes them bleed or alike. OK so the average player expects it and gets on with it. BUT they don't get on with it - they want to make an issue over it, so they call the police. (Ok as airsofters we all know this wouldn't happen but this whole issue is "what if" so I'll go into the details of what if...)

Ok so they call the police. The police HAVE to respond, to assess the situation they have been called to. Right so the police arrive and straight away they are going to think "what the hell are we here for - he paid to do this" anyway but of course they have to do their job - if the victim wants them to investigate they have to whether they think its justified or not. For it to be a CRIMINAL case - where the police would handle things, the victim would have to prove either that he was shot by a firearm (over 6/12ft pounds) which in airsoft would never be the case, or that the shooter (and bare in mind the shooter has to be identified - and how likely is that) had intent to injure the victim. This means the victim would have to prove that the shooter was out to injure the victim because he didn't like him, etc.

Failing that, the victim could try a civil case against the shooter (who would first have to be identified). He would again have to prove that the shooter was doing something wrong, e.g using a gun over the limits, be it law, site limits whatever. But if it wasn't over these limits, as soon as this case got looked at, and it was shown that the victim had signed to play at these limits, there is no case.

The arguments surrounding FPS limits seem to be based upon case law and Home Office guidelines where the guns are used in a public domain and have absolutely no relevance when the guns are used on organised skirmish sites. It's a totally different ball park.

If you're still in doubt don't take my word for it - ask your own local firearms division if I'm right, I guarantee I will be. Then go forward and back up the case - educate those who know no better and put an end to the confusion. "

The M1 looks amazing but i dont like the idea of it ejecting the clip once its empty. I would love it for plinking but the price of mags would probably be sky high- plus if it ejects i would have to find them under fire lol.

It looks great for realism so one day i would like to get it, but not for skirmishing.

The M1 looks amazing but i dont like the idea of it ejecting the clip once its empty. I would love it for plinking but the price of mags would probably be sky high- plus if it ejects i would have to find them under fire lol.

It looks great for realism so one day i would like to get it, but not for skirmishing.

well, from the look of the piccies, I think it takes a magazine rather than shells, which will make it MUCH more useable.

mag prices will probably be in the $20-40 region, so not horrendous unless you're using the M1 as an assault or support weapon.

still, a gbb sniper rifle, that may be full wood and metal- happy days!

if you do worry about the reliability of green gas in gas rifles and guns, especially japanese made ones, please bear in mind that, iirc, green gas is banned in japan, and their recommended gas is the comparatively weak 134, partially for the reason that no games use power over 1j.

so, that makes it seem logical that all the japanese gas guns work fine on 134 and exhibit potential problems when used with anything more powerful.

obviously the same cannot be said of taiwanese and hk-originating production and custom guns because obviously they do not have to work within those restrictions.

having said all that, i do like the look of this gun , and the way the magazine is inserted, whi not being totally accurate, does go a little way towards realism on this kind of rifle [ie. where you see the magazine loading, in thru the top, in the poster] - nice.

[id prefer a good old smle that was done the same way though - i know i know, it was bolt action.. ok - how about an SKS? :) ]

Archived