Marushin M1 Garand GBB

Tarnish

hmm, not sure exactly what i did. just took most of it apart, tightened a couple screws, put it all back together, and went to the garden to test the ###### out. i pull the trigger and it fires but theres no blowback, so i have to manually cock it eachtime i'm thinking "pants! what have i done?" then suddenly there's an almighty crack as the blowback starts working again and recoils into my shoulder. for some reason it's now working better then ever, awesome accuracy and power!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After much thought, I'm going to have to turn away from the gun. It doesn't seem to be as durable nor as robust as I hoped it would be. It certainly is cool and is very realistic, but I'd prefer something like an M1A1 Thompson after considering my skirmish needs and field use (as well as my wallet!)

Thanks for helping me out. This post really gave me more information than any other review out there.

• 10 months later...

I hope bumping this thread wont get me killed. :flamed:

I had made a thread in the Newbie section and got some help for the majority of my questions but a few were left un-answerer, so I hope posting them here might get them a little more attention.

2) While I was reading through the epic 19 page topic on the gun I didn't see anyone mention anything about semi-loose stock grips (Probably completely wrong term.) but the wood bits on the upper section of gun seem to wobble slightly, is there any way to get them to tighten up without having to tape it up?

5) It was mentioned in the 19 page thread that one should tighten everything in the gun prior to shooting for the first time and to periodically go back and check to see if anythings loose; when they say tighten everything do they literally mean to fully disassemble the toy and rebuild it up or just do the basic 3 part field strip and tighten all the visible hex nuts and etc? (I'm assuming it's the latter, just want to double check.)

Also, Guinness in the thread I made HERE told me that my gun, despite what it says in the manual, does in fact have a part #45; however every picture I've seen of this part doesn't look like anything on my model M1.

I have a Marushin M1 Garand Walnut Limited, I purchaed it in 2007 - nearly two whole years after this thread was made so maybe the construction changed of the gun?

• 2 weeks later...

I have to second this.

How do I tighten the foregrips and outter barrel with front sight? In my case they twist so much to either side (left or right.) That I doubt this would give me any accurate shooting.

Also, how do I remove the outter and inner barrel so I can fix the hopup?

I`ve been to tons of forums but I have found absolutely no guides on how to do either of theese things. Until then (Which I suspect to be never at this grim point.) I don`t think I`ll even take the risk of firing my M1!

Sincerely Yours.

Red Von Hammer

• 1 month later...
Sorry to bring this back up from the dead but my new Walnut M1 Garand just recently broke its part 45 and I can't find them anywhere!  :angry:  And I only ever used 134a in it too. Does anyone know where I can find some of these in stock?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...45_cat_Marushin Parts

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Nnnnnecro.

I'm considering buying one of these as a backyard plinker, since I love Garands but I'm not willing to go through all the ###### the CMP makes you do to get a real one for a decent price (also considering .30-06 is going to be expensive, current politicians want to see the Garand listed as an "assault weapon" and ban it, and there's nowhere for me to shoot it).

But I'm worried about all these parts breaking (#45) and the issues of the clips not ejecting. Also, is the gun still available? I've seen the "US version" at AEX and AirsoftGI but all the HK sites list the M1 Garand as being "discontinued".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived