Marushin M1 Garand GBB

Tarnish

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not too sure about that- yes, its real small, but I'd guess marushin would put the gas tank in th mag (its not much smaller than maruzens pistol grip gas tank, fterall, even taking into consideration the bbs), simply for practicality's sake.

I'd prefer it in the stock, of course, but then they'd have to make damn sure it had a good gas feed, or we'll end up with something like the m870 fullstock :(

If it can replicate the performance and build quality of the m1 carbine, I'll be getting one.

If not, I'll get an m1 carbine :)

This has been discussed on another forum here in the UK after an airsoft dealer sought advice from his local police firearms officer he was told the following. 

(Please keep in mind that I actually agree with 328fps being the limit for AEGs and Semi-Autos but I feel 400fps is reasonable for single shot guns as long as a minimum engagement distance is observed. (Not a bad thing even for stock AEGs as even 280fps at 5 metres bloody hurts in the "right" place!) Apologies in advance for the hoohah this is may create, but it's all about open minded discussion here I hope) :-

" We had a meeting with the firearms liaison officer direct from the Dorset Police Headquarters. At the same time, other sites arranged similar meetings and we were all given the same information. Obviously because this was face-to-face we have no letter to scan, but I will tell you what she said. Obviously I don't want to go into the debate again, but if I can clarify this law for just one person it's worth writing. Frankly I have no interest in anything anyone on ASCUK has to say about the matter, they are faceless names on a computer screen, and until these people are prepared to speak to me face to face about the issues they have (if any) it doesn't bother me one hoot.

We knew the firearms liaison officer from advice we had been given in the past. She knew and understood the sport, so we explained what the rumours were about fps. Basically it boils down to is this.

Firstly, you are paying to play at a site for the sole purpose of shooting people and getting shot. You sign at the start of the day (well at our site anyway) a rules and info sheet which clearly has on it the fps levels you will be playing at. These are also displayed on big signs, so it can't be argued that you didn’t' know what limits you were playing at. The limits are perfectly legal. There is NO legislation that says any rifle under 12 foot pounds (or any handgun under 6) is illegal to own - because it isn't. So the police aren't going to suddenly turn up at your door one day or at your site and take away your guns. The only legislation that applies to the ownership of airsoft guns is age - you must be 18 or over to purchase one (a recent change of legislation).

So, you know the limits and you go out to play. Normally speaking, and using pas

t as a guide in reality there has never been a problem - you get shot, take your hit etc. job done. Let's say someone gets shot and it injures them, makes them bleed or alike. OK so the average player expects it and gets on with it. BUT they don't get on with it - they want to make an issue over it, so they call the police. (Ok as airsofters we all know this wouldn't happen but this whole issue is "what if" so I'll go into the details of what if...)

Ok so they call the police. The police HAVE to respond, to assess the situation they have been called to. Right so the police arrive and straight away they are going to think "what the hell are we here for - he paid to do this" anyway but of course they have to do their job - if the victim wants them to investigate they have to whether they think its justified or not. For it to be a CRIMINAL case - where the police would handle things, the victim would have to prove either that he was shot by a firearm (over 6/12ft pounds) which in airsoft would never be the case, or that the shooter (and bare in mind the shooter has to be identified - and how likely is that) had intent to injure the victim. This means the victim would have to prove that the shooter was out to injure the victim because he didn't like him, etc.

Failing that, the victim could try a civil case against the shooter (who would first have to be identified). He would again have to prove that the shooter was doing something wrong, e.g using a gun over the limits, be it law, site limits whatever. But if it wasn't over these limits, as soon as this case got looked at, and it was shown that the victim had signed to play at these limits, there is no case.

The arguments surrounding FPS limits seem to be based upon case law and Home Office guidelines where the guns are used in a public domain and have absolutely no relevance when the guns are used on organised skirmish sites. It's a totally different ball park.

If you're still in doubt don't take my word for it - ask your own local firearms division if I'm right, I guarantee I will be. Then go forward and back up the case - educate those who know no better and put an end to the confusion. "

sorry tarnish, i complete missed this post the first time round BUT:

regarding Arniesairsoft, the ij limit for all guns under discussion still applies, irrespective of what one policeman in one part of the country has said- basically here we work under the assumption that, in the UK, anything OVER the ij limit is a grey area, nd open to interpretation. To avoid such negotiation, we limit ourselves to discussions of airsoft to 1j. simply for the sake of consistency.

obviously, some gas guns shoot out of the box at higher energy levels than we would like. this is just a fact, and there isn't much we can do about this. Rather than not mention such items as they are released, and keep our section of the airsoft community in the dark over such releases, we prefer to mention them and then limit discussion of the energy levels so thay everyone understands two things:

1) the guns in question shoot over the UK muzzle energy limit out of the box

2) Arniesairsoft does NOT condone the use of such guns for anything other than target shooting against nonliving objects.

of course, any discussion of UPGRADING airsoft guns to over the UK limits is clearly in breech of the forum rules, and will be loce and disposed of.

Having studied the photos on the Marushin M1 poster I've yet to be convinced that it'll take a self contained magazine, I would go for a gas resevoir in the stock. I have trouble believing such a small container as a mag will have enough gas to fire the projectile AND make the gun mechanism function. But if it is a choice between magazine and cartridges I vote for a magazine everytime. Cartridges are a nice feature but not in a semi auto rifle in a skirmish. Still Marushin may totally surprise us yet and do it the green way with a very small wind turbine. You never know! :D

I hope the gas is stored somewhere on the gun rather than the catridges.

Basically Pros and Cons are

If stored in the gun, the catridges may be less costly and you will hopefully have the option to purchase several extra catridges. The down side to this though is you have to hope the reservoir in the gun has enough gas for all your catridges. If not then you'll have to reload gas into the gun while in a game.

Good side to having the gas stored in the catridges is you wouldn't have to worry about running out of gas for each fully laoded catridge (assuming it holds enough gas to fire all 12 rounds). Bad side to this is the catridges would probably cost about $40 or so and be very pricey to get extras.

Thanks to google, i translated the la gunshop pages.

The marushin M1 garand is complete!

They are testing, perfecting, decididing on retailers, and deciding on a final price. This new brought up my hopes, now im more confident that its coming out in spring :P

1.look at the picture, it says gbb right on it.

2.It has no shells, take a look at the stripper clip.

cool :)

this might end up being added to my retro US look, rather than the M1 Carbine...

looking again at the shots of the gun, I'm veering over to agreeing with the view that the gas is in the stock.

hey, maybe they're combining their 98k model and their m1 carbine model to make the ultimate uber-gun? gas in stock, but no cartridges.

Only major concern for me is that the m1 garand isn't going to be kack-handed friendly, as the side scope mount will fit on the left hand side, and the mag will go in the top, which will make mounting scopes anywhere else impractical...

Although, I'm sure we kecky's will be able to retro-fit something :)

now, all we have to hope for is that the power is up there with the m1 carbine, and we'll be away!

This is the rifle I've always wanted- I missed one pre '88 SLR ban :(

For me it'll only be worth it if it's semi-auto and 1J....if it's higher than 1J then I'll be a bit loath to 'invest' in a backyard only shooter

Let's hope we get the joy of *pink*pink*pink*PING!* echoing throughout the land!

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but Im gonna be a bit "well duh" on this one.

That was obvious from the first release photos.

well. to me it is... I mean. i have yet to take apart a mech box.. so not all things are obvious. :)

It would be swweeet to have this AND my m1 carbine. But all that gas? egads.. Sigh... red gas it will be... :D

Looking at this photo:

mkkm12.jpg

...it looks like the clip is sort of similar to the original garand clip, which was not a mag at all but just sheet metal that held the rounds. This would mean that the clips could be REALLY cheap...

Anyway, this rifle looks fantastic so far and I think I'll be getting one for my collection. :)

-WMH

yeah, we've all seen the mag, but since it isnt a clipper strip thing, it is very highly unlikely to go 'piiinnnng!' since that was merely a side effect of the stripper clip ejecting..

i dont really know if they will eject either, afterall, it is a mag, it may contain gas and would be rather expensive to ejecting all over the place, often onto hard floors..

I think the gas is probably contained in the gun and the clip just holds the bbs. I can imagine it pinging out if it's just the bbs. It resembles an M1 Garand en bloc clip quite well so I have no doubt it'll go ping as long as it's metal. I don't expect massive ejection though, but flopping out is just as nice as seen in Saving Private Ryan when Mellish and Caparzo are suppressing the MG Nest on Dog Green Beach.

I think the gas is probably contained in the gun and the clip just holds the bbs.

Agreed... The clip looks like it mostly is going to be busy holding those big 8mm BBs, and is not big enough to hold enough gas too. Not for this rifle.

Gas consumption for the blowback is going to be high -- that is a big bolt to move back and forth. Compare to Hudsons M14 that RR has reported uses TWO gas sources, one in the mag and one in the stock. (The one in the stock is for blowback only, the one in the mag is for BB power.)

Marushin will just about have to go with a tank in the stock. I really hope that is what they do, anyway...

Clip ejection probably will be spring powered, you push it down to load the spring, and when out of BBs, it releases a catch or something -- so the clip could eject nicely if the spring is strong.

-WMH

• 2 weeks later...

Archived