Downgrading my CA cqbr for elektro

christhesecond

i love my ca cqbr to bits, even tho the hop-up isn't perfect (which i will be buying guarder silica .50 i think it is hop rubber from fire support

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...p?idProduct=896 )

basically my ca cqbr does 340, no upgrades which is annoying. most sites dont mind cos its within 5% but i know elektro wil tell me to sod off.

im a mechbox noob basically (have never opened an aeg), i've decided to open up the mechbox and downgrade it that little bit but i dont know what spring to get.

i was under the impression the ca cqbr comes with a 1j spring anyway.

i was thinking an m90 spring, can anybody help me out with some advice

IVE SEARCHED UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME BUT TO NO AVAIL.

any advice would be much appreciated and would defo get deserving +1s

cheers

chris

You want an M90 sure enough. That should bring you down to 300 ish.

HOWEVER, some gear boxes, shimming configs and barrels can still push you over.

I would also say to let a pro open your main aeg's gearbox until you know what you are doing.

thanks for that mate. yeah getting a mech guy would be a good idea but the thing is ive deen dying to learn for ages and there's only one way to learn in my eyes which is just stop whining and have a go myself.

i have a back up aeg (slr105 for afgan megaforce/pmc loadout with a chicom chest rig). im just gagging to learn myself basically, in a few months time i really want to get the hurricane hk416 kit for my cqbr so it would be good if i could do it all myself. i think you get much more satisfaction out of doing something yourself.

i'm so torn as to what to do. i spose i could try myself and then if it goes tits up i can call my nearest mech and say "erm im an idiot help me out here boss"

what do ya reckon?

edit: oh yeah and if i was to go for an inner barrel judging by research i would want something like this?

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...p?idProduct=564

It depends what 90 you get, the bearings piston head and bearing spring guide in the CQB add to the power.

I would advise against getting a Systema spring even with duel thrust bearings, because they tend to buckle and fail after a while. (Admittedly this is normally without bearings)

A Guarder SP90 is probably the most powerful 90, Guarder springs are a bit hot for their ratings, an SP90 in your setup will properly give you about 330ish, in my opinion this is the spring to get if you want 1Joule or thereabouts.

A Hurricane M90 will give you about 315, however I'm not sure of their long term reliability as they are packaged the same as Systema and I only hope they don't share the same manufacturing techniques saying that I have put 60,000 rounds on a Hurricane M90 spring with only bearings on the spring guide.

The Prometheus MS90 probably the one I'd go for if I wanted 315 or there abouts, Prom springs are heavily wound and very easy to install (good for higher ratings), saying that, this a 90; and any 90 rated spring is going to be a piece of pi55 to install.

Hope this helps,

Ice

i had a hurricane m90 in my m15 with a systema cylinder set and bearing spring guide and was getting about 290fps but it has a really poor airseal around the hop unit (i should really fit the systema i have)

i think the stock CA spring is around a 110 because when i just had the systema parts and stock spring i was getting 375fps.

Jesus, the highest I've seen a stock CA spring give out is 350, it was a stock CA in fact, so I suppose with bearings at either end it would have been 360-365. However 375 tops the lot, I bet that was unexpected.

Normally the CA spring is actually slightly less powerful the a Systema M100 (although they aren't all the same admittedly)

Ice

what about the inner barrel, a cqbr takes a mc51 length one right?

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...p?idProduct=564

i figure if i get a hurricane m90 with a tightbore and a new bucking i can get it to arounds the 320 mark with much better range and accuracy then i had when it was at 340.

what do you think to those 3 parts ice mate?

when it was fresh out of the box it was doing bang on 350. wasn't allowed to use it for a while. had to rinse the freebie CA hicap thru it for 2 weeks to lower it to within 5%. was mega bummed at the time cos i was like *fruitcage* yeah new aeg........350fps sorry u cant use it.............bugger!!11111eleventeen1111337

cheers

chris

The CQB stock barrel is 280mm, so yeah the 285 is the one to get for replacement tight-bores.

A new bucking is also a good idea as the stock CA ones aren't the best, plus they get a little powdery over time, I'd recommend a Guarder replacement.

The Hurricane M90 will be fine in this set up, and yeah you should be looking at about 315 maybe 320 provided the seal between the rubber and the barrel is good.

You may not know exactly how but you know which parts to go for, keep it up mate. You attempting the upgrade yourself - I hope so.

Ice

Get a TM stock spring ... they are good and almost every techie has a dosen lying around :-)

A stock TM spring is too wide to be used in conjunction with a bearing spring guide(which the CA CQB has), plus it would only give about 290fps.

cheers ice. thanks for the words of encouragement. i appreciate it. mmmmmm hk416 cannneeeeee ###### wait.

No worries mate, good luck with it,

Ice

Jesus, the highest I've seen a stock CA spring give out is 350, it was a stock CA in fact, so I suppose with bearings at either end it would have been 360-365. However 375 tops the lot, I bet that was unexpected. 

Normally the CA spring is actually slightly less powerful the a Systema M100 (although they aren't all the same admittedly) 

Ice 

unexpected is right, it was my only AEG at the time too so i was hiding from the official chrono all day.

i'd fitted a systema teflon cylinder set that came with a new cylinder, cylinder head, piston head and nozzle so there wasn't much air leak and a 6.04 tightbore and new hip rubber. the gun was shooting at 325fps before the upgrades so you can imagine my surprise when i ran it thru the chrono

• 1 month later...

ok it's all downgraded now with a hurricane m90. did it at home with me and a mate/cousin. fires fine and with the new bucking and new inner barrel the accuracy is quite a bit better too.

i'm going to firefight reading tomorrow. i hope the chrono is working cos i would be interested to see what it's doing.

although the range and accuracy are both better so as long as the velocity is under 1j then i don't care if it's doing 220fps.

anyway just wanted to say thanks for all your help. it was a lot easier than i thought to change the spring. altho the anti-reversal latch was a bit of a knob.

cheers again

chris

Archived