Which Glock?

Smith5

Im looking at getting myself a glock pistol. The two I am interested in are the KSC G17 or the KJW G23. I am stuck as to which one to get though. I have read the reviews on this website but am just looking for any further advice/ experiences people have has with these two pitols. I also own a KSC USPc and a TM 1911.

I get im probably only going to be using this pistol for pistol games exclusively, so I want a pistol that has accuracy that is on par with my 1911 (and I could hit a postage stamp on a guys a*** at 20 paces with it!) Range is not as big an issue as the 1911 has range and im a sneaky git most of the time. The usp will be relegated solely to a skirmish backup for if it gets up close and personal.

From what I have read so far the KSC glock seems to be the better buy, but the KJW also seems to be just as good. From my experience with KSC, I know that with my usp, its so inaccurate most of the time that you cudnt hit the broad side of a barn with an entire mag, but if you threw the pistol at the barn it would fall down because the pistol is so tough. It has survived many drops from being carlelssly holstered, been dragged though the mud and dirt when ive been crawling round and it still fires as well as it did when I first bought it at the start of the year.

I guess this inaccuracy is due to the very short barrel on the USPc, but I believe it may be something to do with the hop. I hate the hop on the usp, it is fiddly and very hard to find the sweet spot on. Now, because the KSC G17 (or it seems to me at least) has a barrel of comparable length to the 1911, will it be as accurate, or can I expect it not to hit anything, ever.

As for the KJW G23, its smaller, has a hop similar to the TM 1911 one and has a metal slide already (which means it can handle green no problem aparently). Apaprt from that, I dont know as much about the KJW g23.

So, I suppose to summarise, Im looking for a relatively accurate pistol for use in pistol games only. Range, metal slide (or not), accurate trades are of second importance to me. Gas consumtion and gas type used arent important as its probably going to be run on ultra/134 just for longevity of life of the pistol.

Thanks for any help you guys can throw my way.

well ive got the KJW g23 fmv but its my first gun so ive got nothing to compare it with...

in my experiance its great though its had like 2000 through it and ive had no problems with it at all... its nicely heavy and looks awsome but like i say its my first so i havent got anything to compare it to...

for £60 though you cant really complain ;)

I would go for the Glock 17 from KSC. They are superb guns, and accuracy, blowback and reliability are all very good. You CAN run it on green with no problems. I have run a plastic slided KWA/KSC Glock 18c on Green for over 2 years with no problems whatsoever. The KSC glock has a lot of accessories and upgraded internals available for it so upgrading to a metal slide and better internals at a later date is not a problem. Granted they are more expensive than the KJW variants, but I just feel the KSC guns are of better value. Not to say the KJW glock is bad, because it really is a neat little gun. But for what you are wanting, I would suggest the KSC Glock 17.

Edit: Oh and if you really want a metal slide as standard then go for the KWA Glock 19 with metal slide for £70 from wolf armouries. Although, if you are a big guy then maybe you want the Glock 17, as I have big hands and a Glock 19 is a bit uncomfortable and looks a bit silly to tell you the truth :)

That's becuse it's cr4p.

-Sh0ty

Agreed. I'm a 23 fan so i'd personally suggest the KJW. Performancewise they are similar, just don't run them on 134, green works fine. My KJW has gone a good 2000 rounds since i got it and it's just like new! The KWA is also very reliable and is a great gun. Aside from aesthetics (i just love that OD color, as well as the shape of the 23) i can't really reccomend one over the other.

I don't really like any glock based on the marui design (KJW, HFA, and of course, marui) because they once they break, they stay that way. The KSC/KWA like feels great, is accurate, and has so many parts it hurts my head just thinking about them.

-Sh0ty

I like the Glock 17. My uncle has one and it's really nice firing, accurate, and the Glock 17 has a lot of aftermarket parts out there just in case something breaks (happens in all guns)... My team is thinking about switching to a standard sidearm, and the Glock 17 is one of the main contenders...

I've got both GBB's initially listed. Certainly the KSC G17 has lasted very well despite extreme abuse and I would recommend it for that reason alone over the KJW 23. Also my G23 has a slight rattle due to the outer barrel being a bit loose, most of my GBB's have metal slides & barrels fitted, more so than on other guns.

Additionally I would suggest getting the KWA/KSC Glock 19. This is another very reliable GBB & is rather powerful straight out of the box. I have a KWA & KSC models that have been heavily used when lent out to newbies at my local range.

Neither has had any sort of issue that a quick spray and a few shots didn't short out. Probably as close in reliability terms to the "realsteel" Glock reputation as you will get in a GBB.

PS.

I get im probably only going to be using this pistol for pistol games exclusively, so I want a pistol that has accuracy that is on par with my 1911 (and I could hit a postage stamp on a guys a*** at 20 paces with it!)

Can you do this from a half hip position directly after drawing? :D

Has anyone had any experience with the Glock 34? It's an ugly looking thing but it's supposed to be very,very accurate and if you find the KWA version you can get a metal slide with it.

What do you mean its very ugly? All glocks are ugly :)

(Sorry but I must continue my crusade against the Glock)

In my little world the ultimate backup weapon (pistol) is:

a KSC Glock 19 with

NINE BALL Mirror-polished Inner Barrel 6.03mm

NINE BALL Short Stroke Recoil Spring with Bearing Spring Guide

NINE BALL small metal balls provide choices for strengh of Hopup

Bigger Metal Balls improve gasification by putting the metal balls in the gas compartment of the magazine

PGC High Flow Valve

Guarder Magazine Catch

Guarder Enhanced Hammer Spring

Shooters Design Metal Slide (silver of course)

And there you go' :)

KWA G19 FTW!!!! It may be the only pistol i've owned but i've fired alot and for £70 with a metal slide & outer barrel it is outstanding, very accurate and really reliable. i've dragged it through mud and rain and its never faltered. I usually get about 3 mags worth on a full fill. I luuuurve it :D

Just keep it well lubed, look after it and it will work great! Parts are damn hard to find  so don't break anything :( I bought a second hand 18C and it's great fun just not particularily practical :D

When you say not practical, you're merely talking about the full auto option right? I don't think i'll be going full auto in any game.

When you say not practical, you're merely talking about the full auto option right?  I don't think i'll be going full auto in any game.

The problem is the selector switch. As one of the first full auto pistols it has a design flaw in that you cannot change from safe to semi without moving the slide back but you can go the other way. So if you accidentally knock the selector into safe and you already have a BB chambered you have to slide out the mag a short distance so that you can pull the slide back without an extra BB knocking around inside the gun.

I'm only saying it's not that practical because at times it can be a little fiddley but if it has a good day it can be a phenominal sidearm.

Archived