Selector Plate No Worky?

SlvrDragon50

It seems to me that the selector plate doesn't have a great deal to do with whether the gun fires in auto or not.

Is the little spring still in place, pressing on the trigger disconnect lever?

If it is then the problem isn't with the selector plate.

Basically, the selector plate has 3 jobs:-

1) To move the trigger disconnect lever when you switch to auto.

2) The push forward on the mechanical trigger safety.

3) to disconnect the electrical supply to the trigger and so provide an electrical safety.

The ICS M4 is VERY sensitive to position of the trigger disconnect. If you move the fire selector even a tiny bit too far it'll fire in auto.

Equally, if the bushes get a bit worn it allows the sector gear to wobble slightly and it stops working the trigger disconnect lever like it should.

If the selector plate seems to pressing on the spring which is, in turn, pressing on the trigger disconnect then I suggest your next step is to look at the bushes and gears.

Course, it might be worth giving a squirt of silicon up into the trigger first. Might just be sticky.

Uhh.. whats the trigger disconnect lever?

It's the little doohickyt which lives inside the gearbox and flips the trigger up out of the way when you fire in semi.

It presses against a little cam on the left side of the sector gear, which tells it what to do.

The only bit of it you can see poking out the gearbox is a tiny blob which you'll see with a tiny spring pressing against it which is moved by the selector plate.

Well, I gotta say that I've had too much beer to really consider this deeply at the moment but so long as the tiny spring is on the selector plate then I don't think it's your problem.

As I said, try spraying a bit of silicon lube into the trigger.

After doing that, set the selector in semi and then manually turn the sector gear a full turn and you should see the trigger contact spring up out of the way.

Archived