Star FN FNC Shorty

http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/VFC_Coming%20Soon(E).htm

Mailed VFC some time ago and asked. They said "sometime next year".

There's a swedish company called Unreal Steel, which have very good relations with G&G. According to US, G&G have a FNC in progress.

http://www.airsoftsverige.com/forum/viewto...ht=ak5&start=60

Thanks for the info, but I can't read... danish? Swedish? Whatever nordic language is in that second one...lol

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is swedsish and i know xeno is right about the vfc releasing a fnc in q4 2006 - q1 2007 , i have sent an email to them and that is what they said to me and on the swedish forums ( which xeno translated to me ) it does say that g&g will release a fnc and a ak5 kit for it

The cocking handle issue seems like a pretty stupid thing - but then the question is, why would you want to pull it back and let it fly forward?  Is that where the hop-up adjustment is?

Point is, you should be able to do it all you like without the damn thing snapping off :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got my FNC today. Great gun, I don't need to worry about the charging handle breaking off on me. Mine came broken off. Your right that for $600.00US the darn charging handle should not break off. I sent an Email to Star, did you get a replacement part?

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

Edited by nachostheclown

This is my fix for the charging handle issue. We drilled out the old screw and ground down the charging handle and tapped it to fit a larger 8/32x3/4 screw. The screw needed alittle grinding to clear the gear box. There is little possiblity of this breaking again unless it's abused. I don't think in it's stock form there is anyway that it would not break from regular use. It was an easy fix but for the money it should never have been an issue.

DSC01285.jpg

DSC01287.jpg

love the review and the gun, but the handle breaking off really bothers me, especially at that price. :rolleyes:

mighty jebus:

"It's a bit of a dream to fire, the 3 round mechanical burst feature is excellent. I can't stress this enough. it's Friggin Brilliant."

have you opened up the gearbox? how does the 3-round-burst work? is it any different from the TM Type 89? pics if you could, please :huh:

Anyone else find it funny that its a full metal gun with a plastic gearbox?

Why do people obsess about this. It has already been stated that the gun has a strong metal body, so whats it matter that the gearbox is plastic. You only need a metal box in a plastic body, if the body is metal a plastic gearbox will be fine.