Star FN FNC Shorty

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha, well we can't enjoy the same taste in guns now can we?

I'm trying to build an AK5 of it. It's never going to be 100% correct. But I intend to keep going until I get as close as I can get. The handguard isn't completly right, since it's from a shorter model.

I'll keep looking for the longer type of the handguard.

Here are pics of RS AK5s. AK5 and AK5B (with SUSAT). As you can see I still have a lot of work to do. But I'm in no rush...

s_ak5_nykolv.jpg

And... yup the colour of the handguard and pistolgrip on my "AK5" is wrong. Looked quite allright on the can but not IRL. I'll fix that aswell...

Edited by Xeno-Morpheus
why would you do that to sutch a beautiful replica ?

:waggle:  :stop:

oh common , it doesn't look that bad , i also prefer the look of a normal FNC but i know how much effort xeno has put in to it and how he longs for a AK5 so i congratulate him for putting in the effort of making a original weapon that is not yet represented in the AS world but i would mike to ask him to buy another FNC (i am sure he's planning on buying at least 1 or 2 more.. {AK and FNC}) and to keep at least one like it is meant to be : a FN herstal FNC or a Bofors AK5 :D:D:P lol :P

Edited by fnfr3ger

I allready have a "clean" FNC. It's a classic made my Asahi. It's untouched ;)

Have two more for spare parts. Will try and reproduce an AK5B-cheekrest on one folding stock. Just so that I have that option aswell...

And I too love both the regular FNC and the AK5. Maybe just a little more the AK5 ;)

Has anyone gotten a Star FNC that hasn't had the charging handle break off?

As much as I like the looks of the FNC Shorty, as Star's prices, I think I'll wait for the VFC one... which will probably get in stores sometime next year (2006 was VFC's year of the AK, but only one Kalashnikov was released and now a bunch are coming out in 2007, and 2007 was to be the year of FN). :mellow:

My charging handle is still intact. When you cock the gun DON'T release the handle at the far end. Pull it back and the release it slowly.

It's a bit fragile. Star should build a replacement for that.

Wait for VFCs version. According to the clip on "your tube" the cocking handle locks in the back position and you are able to strike it in that position in order for it to release forward. Seems more durable.

G&G is coming with an FNC too. Seems like it's a year or so away though...

My charging handle is still intact. When you cock the gun DON'T release the handle at the far end. Pull it back and the release it slowly.

It's a bit fragile. Star should build a replacement for that.

Wait for VFCs version. According to the clip on "your tube" the cocking handle locks in the back position and you are able to strike it in that position in order for it to release forward. Seems more durable.

G&G is coming with an FNC too. Seems like it's a year or so away though...

You can lock the cock handle as well on the STAR, except the durability of the cocking handle is questionable.

• 3 weeks later...
anyone know where to find a spare fnc-kocking handle ?

mine broke off a week ago  :mellow:

have you tried the Airsoft-One shop in Mons ? They sell Star FNC's so perhaps they'll propably have some spare cocking handles in stock or perhaps they can order some..

here's the site for the address : www.airsoft-one.be

i hope that this eases your search for a FNC cocking handle..

greets FnFr3ger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I cant seem to have mine to fire although I have the right battery and it is charged.  Tested the battery with another gun and it works.  I have a 9.6 volt 1700 mah nunchuck battery.

Mike

Try turnning on the motor, because in the manual for the gun it states "in an usual situtation, the motor may be disabled, to activate it, press the button on the bottom of the pistol grip". I don't know if that will work though, as I don't have an FNC, but I did read the manual anyway :D

Someone else asked this, too, and I am also curious, how do you seperate the top and lower reciever to get to the gearbox? Is it just the two normal pins and you can seperate the recievers, or is it something else? I am thinking of buying this so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.