Armalite Picture Thread

I quite like the hop-up vs typical designs as there is no chance for the adjustment gear/wheel to be inadvertently turned by the fake bolt sliding against it (this used to happen on my previous custom gun).  The only problem is that the lower receiver has to be designed to carry the hop-up like a Marui, so you can't just swap in a different lower on your MRP.  I don't know exact distances to quote you, but I get a lot of respect from people about how the gun performs accuracy and range wise.  It definatly out ranges my first gun - a mildly upgraded S-system.  Without scientific support, all I can tell you is - its clearly better than average.

wow sounds promising. It has good range but how accurate is it though. Like at the longer ranges do bbs tend to curve any direction? or is it just straight shooting reliability like some of the new maruis i.e. SG552, G36, M14, etc....

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow sounds promising.  It has good range but how accurate is it though.  Like at the longer ranges do bbs tend to curve any direction? or is it just straight shooting reliability like some of the new maruis i.e. SG552, G36, M14, etc....

I found when I had the M120 spring in there, the accuracy was quite dependable. I recall picking out a small tree stump out about 80-100 feet in the parking lot at Rampage (near my home town) and consistantly beaning it much to the curious amusment of onlooking paintballers. Again, not too scientific, but it gets my thumbs up. Once I put the M130 in, I could swear it was a little more 'curvy'. Not different enough to swap back the M120 though ;0)

Really, it boils down to the combination of parts assembled. The MRP seems a fine base however.

what does MRP stand for and why is it different/better than a normal m4/m16? i'm so confused on this. i mean, it looks cool and all, but is it any better or different than a normal armalite? nice gun though, i'm insanely jealous. and i just blew my wad.

As Batou-San mentions, its in the pic - Monolithic Rail Platform. This refers to the fact that the upper receiver and handguard are one 'monolithic' structure, they are one piece and the rail covers the length of it along the top unbroken. There are advantages to this pertaining to the real steel, but that also benefit airsofts. The barrel can be removed by unscrewing the two silver screws seen under the handguard near the receiver and pulling. This system allows the real steel to swap barrels quickly, which could benefit an airsofter as well, but you'de need there to exist such a different barrel first, and as of now, there isn't a different length barrel commercially available. It also completely eliminates barrel wobble in the airsoft version however which is in itself a great advantage.

Other than that, its just personal taste and I take it by your stated jealousy that you understand my selection ;0)

Edited by thePiRaTE

Some *very* nice rifles guys ^_^

I'm back to debating whether to get an SR25 kit for my M16 (and have it using normal Armalite mags) or...

Just getting the G&P SR25 as a whole, then replacing the internals... I'd want to replace nearly everything in the gearbox, bar the nozzle, which (apparently :P) the SR25 has a longer one so I can't change it out, oh, and a new hop unit because the hop unit on my G&P M16 is garbage, a TM hop methinks :)

I blame it on DBT and spotting SR25 mag pouches :lol:++EDIT++

@ thePiRaTE

How do you find the Systema Magnum Motor? I'm looking for a replacement motor for said SR25, as it'll be semi-only I don't think the Systema Turbo Motor will be what I'm looking for :P

I guess I'm after a quick trigger response time really, saying that, I'm planning on using it at ~400fps with a 10.8v battery if that will affect your response? (as it's semi-only I can tap into the increased FPS limits that some sites allow ^_^)

:geek:

Edited by BoB SoiL

m15-2.jpg

Sweeeeet! I like it a lot, though I wonder what it would look like with a cheek pad on the stock.

What cheekpad would you suggest? AR cheekpads are few and far between, so a link or pic would be appreciated. I could go with a BHI sniper cheekpad, but does anyone know if it'd fit without adding a few inches of Para cord?

ugh, i don't like the bipod.  and the scope mounts looks too high.  yeah i know, i'm a critic.  nice though, what type of foregrip is that?

Don't you worry your pretty little head, iceman. The bipod's already been changed out with a Harris clone (I hated that dang thing too -- too high for prone shooting), and the high scope mount is a necessity, unfortunately. I can always try to get a better NM style one, but I didn't feel like dropping the extra 100 or so bucks.

Mobaar

Edited by mobaar
@ thePiRaTE

How do you find the Systema Magnum Motor? I'm looking for a replacement motor for said SR25, as it'll be semi-only I don't think the Systema Turbo Motor will be what I'm looking for :P

I guess I'm after a quick trigger response time really, saying that, I'm planning on using it at ~400fps with a 10.8v battery if that will affect your response? (as it's semi-only I can tap into the increased FPS limits that some sites allow ^_^)

Well Bob I find it to be head and shoulders above the EG1000 in terms of response time, power output and sound. How it affects battery life, I've not yet determined. It is well within its spec turning the M130 I use for example and thus you will note the audible piston snap to gear whine ratio is pleasantly extended. Trigger response time is the first and most obvious thing you will discover. It cuts trigger latency about in half vs the EG, which I was elated with. You could fire virtually as fast as you could pull the trigger in semi. In short - it rocks, a big improvement to AEG motor technology.

post-23328-1163501162_thumb.jpg

A&K S-System.

Kinda old-news but this thing is impressive. Plus, I had the springer, I thought it made a good photo-op.

Only added a Guarder foregrip and a G&P rebar cutter so far. Gonna do internals next week. Might get a crane stock down the road.

DSC00106sm.JPG

got my chinese versapod clone in today, and it feels great, it is intended for an M14, but i figured i'd try it on some other guns, this is the only one it fits right now, i'll need one of them qd attachments for RAS rails

the bipod feels really good actually, so far, i'd rate it higher then the Classic army harris clone i used to own... and it only costs 25$ :D

switching out some parts, to make it look more urban counter sniper esque... :P

DSC00109sm.JPG

Edited by sturgis
Well Bob I find it to be head and shoulders above the EG1000 in terms of response time, power output and sound. How it affects battery life, I've not yet determined. It is well within its spec turning the M130 I use for example and thus you will note the audible piston snap to gear whine ratio is pleasantly extended. Trigger response time is the first and most obvious thing you will discover. It cuts trigger latency about in half vs the EG, which I was elated with.  You could fire virtually as fast as you could pull the trigger in semi.  In short - it rocks, a big improvement to AEG motor technology.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! :lol: Admittedly the effect on battery life isn't likely to affect me, I'll be using a 10.8v 3300 mAh on a semi-only gun, I'm unlikely to fire more than a couple hundred shots a day at most I would expect, so even if the motor halves the number of shots I get from a battery, I'll still be OK ^_^

++EDIT++

An afterthought, after looking through various other threads, I've come across the fact that, much to my dislike, the G&P SR25 can fire full auto as a result of a notch in the selector switch <_<

My question is, can I get round this by replacing the G&P selector switch with a regular aftermarket one, i.e. one that doesn't have the notch in it? (thus disabling full auto...) :huh:

Any insights much appreciated ;)

Edited by BoB SoiL