Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice job tek.

although slightly annoying cos what you've done is pretty much read my mind and put together almost exactly what i will be doing.

i just need the 512 and the m961 although i'll be sticking with regular rail covers but your tango down ones look great.

im not sure about which rear sight to go with. i like the one i have but i'm drawn to a flip up cos sometimes i find the solid ca BUIS i have gets in the way sometimes.

also do you find the mount of your s-lap to be a piece of *beep*. mine is utter wank, i have to put a piece of string inside the mount to keep it studdier and even then its not great.

here's mine as it is atm.

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

cheers

chris

Pardon me, thought I'd jump in.

DazJW,

It's an XM177E1 specific flash hider. It was fitted to the XM177 and XM177E1 10.5" then was modified and fitted to the 11.5" XM177E2.

Godofwar,

Dunno if you realise but your XM barrel is slightly too long. There should be no barrel portion between the foresight and where the flash hider starts. The flash hider, or more specifically the thread section, should butt up against the foresight.

nice job tek.

although slightly annoying cos what you've done is pretty much read my mind and put together almost exactly what i will be doing.

i just need the 512 and the m961 although i'll be sticking with regular rail covers but your tango down ones look great.

im not sure about which rear sight to go with. i like the one i have but i'm drawn to a flip up cos sometimes i find the solid ca BUIS i have gets in the way sometimes.

also do you find the mount of your s-lap to be a piece of *beep*. mine is utter wank, i have to put a piece of string inside the mount to keep it studdier and even then its not great.

here's mine as it is atm.

cheers

chris

:D, I have the Eo 552 NVC and surefire M951 Kit 02 (Includes FM63 Infrared Filter and M951XM06 pressure switch kit). Im hoping to make use of the night vision functions one day as that would be awesome in a night game. Unfortunately night vision monoculars are a little expensive :(

I would get a flip up rear sight as i like them better, but thats my personal choice.

My s-lap is solid as a rock, you can really feel it gripping on when you attach it to the rail and push the lever. I can pick up my rifle by the s-lap its that solid, no wobble at all. I actually thought it might not fit it was that tight to push the arm lever past 3/4 of the way.

I'll have that bushy body if its going spare :D

Edited by Tek-Spec

haha nooooooooo its my bushy. all mine........

its the hurricane one, althought part of me wishes i got the guarder one as that has trades on the right hand side of the magwel. still nice though.

mre4.jpg

bushmaster FTW

it looked like an m961 you had there, might be cos of the lens filter, they always confuse me loads.

it's not fair, i want a working s-lap mount, might take the mount apart later and see if i can sort it. i'd love to get a real OTAL.

speaking of paint mate, what do you reckon to painting parts of it like the foregrip, pistol grip, the stock and the rail covers tan. it would suit my loadout at that time well (i've got an OD eagle PC atm with OD pouches and gear but i'll be buying khaki gear in a month) but i'm not sure if it would suit the gun itself. you seen any MRE paintjobs or anything?

cheers

chris

Pardon me, thought I'd jump in.

DazJW,

It's an XM177E1 specific flash hider. It was fitted to the XM177 and XM177E1 10.5" then was modified and fitted to the 11.5" XM177E2.

Godofwar,

Dunno if you realise but your XM barrel is slightly too long. There should be no barrel portion between the foresight and where the flash hider starts. The flash hider, or more specifically the thread section, should butt up against the foresight.

The kit came like that. I also have the TM plastic version of the XM177E2

xm177e2.jpg

I think that setup you described is more of the CAR 15 which I am dying to get one but it is tough to find

Car15.jpg

hey Tek if you don't like the trademarks maybe save up for a guarder new gen colt metal body (or other trademarks if you prefer). They are excellent looking, see Maj.Pains MK.18 to know what i'm talking about. And then sell your CA body (actually probably do that first then save up for the guarder, lol).

and hey christhesecond, I think a set of bestgun flip up sights replicating the troy battle sights would be perfect for your gun(see airsoftgi.com). Just leave the front sight you have on and use the rear sight that comes with the package. Or just buy the real deal for $20 more (only be enough for one, not a set)

as for paint jobs, I highly advise you to check out the first and third pages of the Force recon thread because there are some great paintjobs by the guys of the MEU that can help you where to start.

thanks for the tip for the rear sight mate.

in terms of weapons painting i think you might have mis-understood me. i know which parts of my gun i want to paint and i know it looks good on regular m4s and mk18s and the like but i have never seen an m4 with MRE ras with any kind of paint job and so wondered what it would look like.

thanks for trying to help anyway.

cheers

chris

Funny, that is the picture I was basing the light placement off of. I'm not use to using a full size M16 so I looked on the Wiki page and saw that. In actuality it doesn't matter though, because that ugly light and grip combo is already off my rifle. :P

Edited by skyler8158
haha nooooooooo its my bushy. all mine........

its the hurricane one, althought part of me wishes i got the guarder one as that has trades on the right hand side of the magwel. still nice though.

bushmaster FTW

it looked like an m961 you had there, might be cos of the lens filter, they always confuse me loads.

it's not fair, i want a working s-lap mount, might take the mount apart later and see if i can sort it. i'd love to get a real OTAL.

speaking of paint mate, what do you reckon to painting parts of it like the foregrip, pistol grip, the stock and the rail covers tan. it would suit my loadout at that time well (i've got an OD eagle PC atm with OD pouches and gear but i'll be buying khaki gear in a month) but i'm not sure if it would suit the gun itself. you seen any MRE paintjobs or anything?

cheers

chris

I would see if you can tighten the mount somehow as it should be a tight fit. Maybe someone else who has one can comment on it. A real OTAL would be nice, i looked into it but decided not to as the replica does the job.

I wouldn't paint bits simply because the MRE makes a long weapon, it just wouldnt look right from what ive seen (not many but enough to stay away). Colours just unbalance it and make it look messy due to the overall length. Dont get me wrong i like the OD and Tan paintjobs, im doing a Glock 34 (or 17 not decided) with tan lower for my next project as the right mix looks awesome. Its up to you but i wouldnt do it to the MRE.

Trfo2o, I was going to order a new body (the bushy) thing is ive got that much more i want to do on other projects, I just thought id leave it for the time being and pour the funds into a new weapon. Im just going to black out the receiver as i think it will look nice instead of the white trades, Originally i just wanted to rub them off but found you cant as they are etched on rather than painted from what ive been told.

Even though the realdeal gentleman in the above picture has his light placed at the middle point of the RAS, its a fact that the RAS in front interferes with the lightbeam.

By all means do mount it at the middle, but IMO when mounting a light, why not mount it in a way you can use its whole capacity?