Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blazingtoys.com/products/btsderaim01t.html

btsderaim01T.jpg

AIM makes a clear plastic m4. It looks like the one you have - plastic front sight, plastic buffer tube, etc. Yours may have had TM parts added, but plastic furniture such as buffer tube, weaver rail, and front site and outer barrel are clear signs that AIM probably manufactured the externals. You might want to check into that.

Edited by Zhang
http://blazingtoys.com/products/btsderaim01t.html

btsderaim01T.jpg

AIM makes a clear plastic m4. It looks like the one you have - plastic front sight, plastic buffer tube, etc. Yours may have had TM parts added, but plastic furniture such as buffer tube, weaver rail, and front site and outer barrel are clear signs that AIM probably manufactured the externals. You might want to check into that.

then why is my upper clear?

Edit:

Also note:

Clear mag catch vs Black metal mag catch

Clear Bolt stop vs Black metal Bolt stop

Orange Plastic Flash hider vs Clear plastic flash hider

Steel piece in the buffer vs Totally clear plastic buffer w/ Marui marked endcap

Edited by Yeager

I think people are getting too caught up in the apparent lack of 'metal content' in Yeager's gun. When TM released the M4, it probably wasn't as big of a deal to explicitly point out the metal bits in the gun, as there wasn't the huge scad of clones on the market today. Leaving metal parts unfinished on the Chinese clones is a way to directly show the consumer what is and isn't metal.

I think Yeager's gun was probably made more to show the internals of the gun and not the overall construction. I tend to trust what he is saying... hope he doesn't make a sucker out of me with a 'psyche AIM m4 lol' post... :D

Steve

Edited by NegativeCambre
nice weapon, my friend wants to make a gun like yours. did u use the noveske Project Leonidas gun to build ur gun? because your gun looks alot like the Noveske Project Leonidas

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/images/leonidas.jpg

Onslaught, I was trying to go for the Noveske N4 CQB look. But I have to get a 10.5" outer barrel and make the RAS shorter. . .

Edited by Hispeed1

Well, for one thing the M16 has sort of a general issue feel to it. Meaning, in the past, the M16 was the basic rifle for almost all U.S. infantry. So some people want to avoid that basic appearance.

Second, the M4 has a reputation as a "special forces" type gun. In addition, it is ergonomically well taylored (though I supposed this is true for the M16), easy to mount things on and the correct size for indoor and outdoor. Not to long, not to short... just right.

Edited by Gigueand
what's on that there shotgun?

Vertical grip, standard sling, flashhider rail mount thingy, and a side saddle.

The reason that there are shotshells in shotshells, is that real 12 gauge shells are larger than the Maruzen shotshells, so the real steel side saddle won't hold the Maruzen shells, and Maruzen shells fit perfectly in real steel 12 gauge shotshells, so the sidedaddle holds the real shells, and they hold the Maruzen shotshells.

I think I said that right...

I have a flashlight for it...I need a mount, though. I also plan on buying a folding stock and a better sling.

Wait...isn't this the Armalite thread? Oh well...

-Vic

Ding! we have a winner!

The tale behind this show piece is weirder than truth, however I'm required to keep my mouth shut for various reasons..

As much as I'd really really love to believe 100% this is a Marui, I'm not too sure I can believe it yet. Marui display gun usually tries to display 'all' the metal content the gun has (eg: like the barrel, etc). As FarEast has said, Marui hasn't made a clear display gun yet... or they would have displayed it at various conventions. The biggest reason for the skeptics for being skeptical is probably the unwillingness to share where you obtained this piece from. As for the TM parts on there.. it could have been easily installed on there by the seller. Please don't take this as an offense, but I was just skeptical because you haven't quite revealed where you got this from. Of course, I could be 100% wrong, and I hope I am wrong because you would have truly a unique piece indeed. :)

It's not that hard to create. All you need is a real AR15 mag and some dummy rounds with the bullets which is easy to make if you have .223 casings and a reloader. Or you could just take live .223 and put it in there just for the picture...

And if you're a brit, like me, most of that would land you in the nick lol

Thanks for the answer anyway.

In the UK it's perfectly legal to own inert ammunition and have it either assembled or disassembled and you can certainly load it into any real magazine for looks.

In fact it is legal to own live 5.56 ammo and load it for looks, as long as you have a firearms licence, but that is by the by.