Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I correct in assuming it doesn't take a battery?

Also, have you had a chance to compare it to the more expensive Guarder version?

Correct, it won't take a battery like a crane stock, but it can hold a handful of 123a batteries. I haven't had an opportunity to compare it to the Guarder version.

Correct, it won't take a battery like a crane stock, but it can hold a handful of 123a batteries. I haven't had an opportunity to compare it to the Guarder version.

A quick and easy solution would be to just add the CAA stock saddle, but it'll operate much like a crane stock then, does have storage for the 123 batteries as well.

Alternatively, CAA does make a stock that isn't Crane-esque , actually adds some real estate to your stock:

cbs-mesila-500.jpg

It allows the attachment of a magazine holder to either side, and the little things on the side flip open to hold 4 123a batteries.

Just an FYI

Mobaar

Could you sight your Aimpoint in ok with it up that high? I had a G&P on my P90 but even maxed it couldn't go low enough.

Its a little high, but meh, I like it up there arther than mounted directly onto the reciever. It just means when you aim for someones head you tend to hit their chest

Edited by Smiffy1978
Its a little high, but meh, I like it up there arther than mounted directly onto the reciever.  It just means when you aim for someones head you tend to hit their chest

I guess that's better than the other way around. :)

Alternatively, CAA does make a stock that isn't Crane-esque , actually adds some real estate to your stock:

http://www.commandarms.com/img/productImag...-mesila-500.jpg

Just an FYI

Mobaar

Sorry for the quote

but, with this stock you can Fit a 11.1v 1650mah Lipoly 3cell pack in it

Its been done, and rocks

ok, thanks.  I've heard that G&P guns have problems with the Sector gear, and the tappet plate breaking.  has this happened to anyone here?

IIRC the problem was that the G&P tappet plate is slightly different to a standard V2, so if a standard one was used, it would snap, m^tt knows more about it than I do.

I've got the M16A1 and it's very nice externally and it shoots hard and straight and has a nice ROF too.

I've had a problem though, my fuse blew and I haven't figured out why or located a new one yet...

IIRC the problem was that the G&P tappet plate is slightly different to a standard V2, so if a standard one was used, it would snap, m^tt knows more about it than I do.

I've got the M16A1 and it's very nice externally and it shoots hard and straight and has a nice ROF too.

I've had a problem though, my fuse blew and I haven't figured out why or located a new one yet...

thanks, i'll check on that.

If you can get your hands on rechargeable cells that size though, there is obviously some potential to storing a battery in that location. Don't know if such things exist though.

They do have rechargeable 123a batteries but none that I've found have the current draw required to power an airsoft gun.

Can't wait though, the 123A batteries come in 3V and 3.6V so you could potentially run 2-cell 7.2V or 3-cell 9V...won't take long now :) Of course these are Li-Ion batteries and have their own sets of problems, most of which is the low current draw.

Mobaar

What is up with that foregrip?

*edit* It's real?.... it doesn't look right at all. The rest of your gun is beautiful though.

VVVVVVVV

Edited by Epyon

I think what's throwing me off is the lack of OD on the rifle's handguard -- I'd recommend ladder covers just to make the color more even :)

But dang that thing is beautiful :)

EDIT: I should also mention that "battery problems" associated with free float forearms are easily solved using AA high-drain batteries in a custom setting, like nunchuk batteries that are single row. If you want more info, ask me, I've gotten AA size batteries in a 4" free float forearm.

Mobaar

Edited by mobaar