Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it!  I just bought a CA m4 hoping to put a CASV on it.  Oh, well.

Yeah kind of a pain, they made the rail on the upper reciever like a mm higher than it should be, so it wont fit on. I think im just going to buy a new metal body anyway. I'm really likeing the Guarder Bushmaster body.

So that's the reason it won't fit.  Does anyone know of a 10.5 inch barrel that'll fit on the m15a4 series?  I'm sure there are a ton of them but I want to be sure it will fit rather than looking at a retailer site and thinking that might work.  Also what inner barrel would that be? 300mm?

Try the G&P CQBR RAS front sets. I imagine that is kind of what you are looking for. For a 10.5 inch barrel, a 300mm inner barrel will protrude slightly into the flash hider. 300mm inner barrels are for M733 length barrels which are about an inch longer than the CQBR barrels.

Yeah, that was the idea!

I wanted something that looked a little different from the average M4-with-lots-of-stuff-on-it, and I've got no use for a RIS mounted waffle-iron (quote stolen from someone) and as the red-dot wouldn't let me use iron sights, I thought I may as well remove them.

You could co-witness though. :)

you too?!?!!  :D

I just got off work and im not even tired to goto bed and its 8:30 am

Its really wierd isnt it. Im only doing a week of nights, I can see how it can screw up your body clock completely, Ive lost track of what day it is already! Doing the 11-7 shift tonight, on the busiest night of the year, so it goes quick at least!

Bushmasters are a good choice with CASV I think, I have the HurricanE one and it looks wicked :) Just to keep the pictures flowing...

Picture001-1.jpg

I finally have a trigger guard!

Yeah the battery is in the Stock, its a 9.6v 3300Nimh, the cells are too big to fit in the buffer tube so the stock doesn't fully collapse. Thats Star for you, I dont think they have a Product testing department, they just make the products and ship them. No quality control whatsoever.

And yeah the upper rail is an integral part of the CASV, its all one piece and very solid!

Anyone have directions on how to put a crane stock with a battery? I just got a CA crane stock, and i cant seem to fit the end plate over the tube and get the wires through at the same time(the tamiya piece wont fit through the small cut out in the end plate oviously)...is there a trick? Or is there a website that has pictures of directions on how to install a crane stock?

Edited by Milla