Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have directions on how to put a crane stock with a battery?  I just got a CA crane stock, and i cant seem to fit the end plate over the tube and get the wires through at the same time(the tamiya piece wont fit through the small cut out in the end plate oviously)...is there a trick? Or is there a website that has pictures of directions on how to install a crane stock?

I'm not sure if I know what you mean. I never inspected the CA end plate and crane stock when I had it, but with my G&P crane stock I had to dremel the G&P one-point sling adaptor end plate to allow the wires to fit through. Unmodified it looks something like this. Modified it looks something like this, though I made the groove a little wider.

Edited by davedawg123
Its really wierd isnt it. Im only doing a week of nights, I can see how it can screw up your body clock completely, Ive lost track of what day it is already! Doing the 11-7 shift tonight, on the busiest night of the year, so it goes quick at least!

Bushmasters are a good choice with CASV I think, I have the HurricanE one and it looks wicked  :) Just to keep the pictures flowing...

Picture001-1.jpg

I finally have a trigger guard!

*drool* :P

Hey Milla I got one the other day and finally fitted it.

Basically you´ve got to take off the tamiya connector and put the cables through the hole.

I had to actually dremel the back of the metal body to make a sort of slit on the bottom of it so the cables could fit between it and the burffer tube, I dont know how well I explained that but thats what I had to do.

I completely removed the tamiya connector and just soldered the cables together and put electrical tape around them, make sure its strong! The threaded the cables along the back of the metal body (the prong that goes into the buffer tube) and into the buffer tube. Once you get the cables through there you have to put the metal half circle piece into the buffer tube and get the cables through it and the screw it on!

Im sorry if its not too clear it was a very "trial and error" sort of process... on the instructions that came with the stock it said there had to be a tamiya connector inside the buffer tube before the metal semi-circle piece but if you put 2 tamiya connectors in there ( theres one on each side and when you connect them theres 2!) the semi circle bit wont go all the way down the buffer tube and the screw isnt long enough to screw into the back of the gearbox!

So solve this last problem I once again had to just solder and connect the cables...

If its not clear please say so and I will try to re-explain!

I basically know what you are saying, i need to remove the tamiyas, and make one long wire out the back. Problem is popping the tamiyas off. I cant get them to pop off. Do you need a special tool? I really didnt want to do any sodering, i know the CA crane stock came with the mini to mini connectors (one to the gearbox connector, and one to the battery) but it sure makes a tight fit in there. I cut the lower reciever tube, which seems to help, but the wiring job from the previous owner is shotty, so i ordered a new wiring set for a CA M16, with a mini tamiya on the end of that. Not sure if i will pop that off and just run one long cable through the tube, like i said i cant get the tamiyas off by hand.

But also with the 2 tamiyas linked together in the tube itself (one from the extension cable, and one off the gearbox) its a tight fit for all that to squeez into before that little metal piece for the screw. :blink:

Edited by Milla

It's been a while since I posted anything here :D

But I thought it was time, now that I've finally installed a new receiver on my wife's C7, with brand new custom-engraved trademarks!

dsc0004eg2.jpg

dsc0005qs3.jpg

dsc0006ks3.jpg

dsc0007nl1.jpg

It's not the end of my quest for the most realistic (and non-Systema) Armalite I can build... Right after christmas this baby gets a steel outer barrel, and perhaps a Guarder gas tube instead of my home-made one (made of a springer barrel). I'll also work on the moving bolt a bit - it already has almost three inches of travel, but doesn't return smoothly. Next time I strip it down I'll polish the inside of the upper receiver :)

It's not the end of my quest for the most realistic (and non-Systema) Armalite I can build... Right after christmas this baby gets a steel outer barrel, and perhaps a Guarder gas tube instead of my home-made one (made of a springer barrel). I'll also work on the moving bolt a bit - it already has almost three inches of travel, but doesn't return smoothly. Next time I strip it down I'll polish the inside of the upper receiver smile.gif

You mean having fourteen sights, a bipod, a tripod with Anti Aircraft Sights, three lights, two lasers, PEQ2 and a PAQ4 box with an M203 isn't an accurate Armalite?

Edited by poorieuser
You mean having fourteen sights, a bipod, a tripod with Anti Aircraft Sights, three lights, two lasers, PEQ2 and a PAQ4 box with an M203 isn't an accurate Armalite?

LOL! I'd like to make what's underneath all that ballast perfect first. And frankly, I prefer guns kept nice and 'clean'... just lovingly brought to aesthetic perfection :)

There's nothing really wrong with a ton of accessories (as long as they make sense)... But I don't like errors and simplifications in base guns themselves, such as ICS's AK and CA's Armalites... Before I get an M203 or even an ACOG, I'll sink a ton of money in proper trademarks, gas tubes, firing mechanism axes, and proper finish and color :D

I'm odd, I know :D

Edited by jonboy2312
It's been a while since I posted anything here :D

But I thought it was time, now that I've finally installed a new receiver on my wife's C7, with brand new custom-engraved trademarks!

dsc0004eg2.jpg

dsc0005qs3.jpg

dsc0006ks3.jpg

dsc0007nl1.jpg

It's not the end of my quest for the most realistic (and non-Systema) Armalite I can build... Right after christmas this baby gets a steel outer barrel, and perhaps a Guarder gas tube instead of my home-made one (made of a springer barrel). I'll also work on the moving bolt a bit - it already has almost three inches of travel, but doesn't return smoothly. Next time I strip it down I'll polish the inside of the upper receiver :)

Must...... have.....

Jonboy, that C7 is based off a G&P M16A3 isn't it? The barrel and grips look like it.

I'm willing to bet its not as the G&P front end comes with the gas tube and he made his with a springer's inner barrel. Not saying he couldn't have gotten it second hand without that gas tube.

I'm assuming JonBoy took a Guarder M4 body w/ no trades and either did the trades by himself or had someone else do it (We'll let him answer that). And I'm assuming by the look of it, that the handguards and stock are real steel Armalite parts? Also the pistol grip looks to be TM just by the reflection and end plate. It may just be a mixture of Guarder, G&P, TM, real steel, and custom parts? That's all I can guess from looking at it...until we find out from JonBoy ;). It is just a work of art!

:EDIT:

By the way, JonBoy, what kind of rear sight is that?

Edited by browningman

Milla my good man,

this shows you how to get the connectors off:

connectordd7.jpg

What I did for mine, I dremel'd a chuck out of the base plate as shown above, and I also removed the tamiya connectors completely. Replaced them with deans connectors and some 16 awg wire, to give me least resistance in the circuit as possible. If need be I can probably take some pics for you later if you want!

Oh and thanks overkiller :)