Armalite Picture Thread

tell your team mate to get a better pistol grip.  The TM's are fragile pieces of crud.

Funny you mention that, as there used to be a King Arms G27 grip on it. The gun itself is years old, but we had the grip installed for just a couple of months, until our last skirmish when the SPR stopped shooting in the middle of the firefight. While trying to put it back he found he couldn't reseat the motor properly anymore (it even wrecked the pinion gear), so back went the old reliable TM pistol grip (and in went a new motor). :D It took some doing to convince him to even go with the G27, so I don't know if he's going to consider getting a different aftermarket grip anytime soon. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just so I can say there's a picture in this post, here's one showing the SPR (on the right) with the G27 (and unpainted receiver with tactical warning sticker :P).

314051296_950caa31b4.jpg

Edited by gerrysnaps
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What length inner barrels are you guys using in your 10.5 inch m4's?

Back in the day i had a 285mm inner and it barely reached the flash hider. I was thinking of going with a 300 but im guessing it will stick out slightly from the birdcage?

tell your team mate to get a better pistol grip.  The TM's are fragile pieces of crud.

You'd be surprised. I originally got a new pistol grip to replace my old TM grip, only to find out it didn't sit the motor in correctly. I switched back my old TM grip instead, and it's still working well even after 2.5 years of use. I guess it hasn't snapped yet because it's fairly flexible plastic? :mellow:

well G27 grips have been known to seat the motor in at a more slanted angle, causing problems. G&P grips and guarder(never used guarder) are probably the best. TM doesn't have strong reinforced pin hole tabes where the screws go into the bottom of the reciever, and plus they are too shiny for my tastes. I'm B###### so i'll stop now, sorry.

Magz, a long long time ago with my first CA, I remember putting on a guarder 2 piece outter barrel and a small extension piece to make it 10.5" and I used a 300mm inner barrel. It stops just shy of 3mm from the tip of the A2 flash hider.

well G27 grips have been known to seat the motor in at a more slanted angle, causing problems.  G&P grips and guarder(never used guarder) are probably the best.  TM doesn't have strong reinforced pin hole tabes where the screws go into the bottom of the reciever, and plus they are too shiny for my tastes.  I'm B###### so i'll stop now, sorry.

Agreed, sir, I used to have a King Arms G27 too on my Generic M4 above but I never got the motor to seat properly and it would fail to crank more often than it would succeed, so I now use the Star Houge-style tac pistol grip. Dropped in fine without problems. It used to look too plain for me but it's growing on me now. For a time I thought it was just the Generic M4 and the G27 could be used on some TM M4/M16 models, but it seems after a while even TM M4/M16's develop issues with the motor seating. :(

FYI:

Here's what a 285mm inner barrel looks like when installed in a 10.5" barrel. Any longer (e.g. 300mm) and it will be seen through the back half of the flash hider slots and from the front.

Note: This outer barrel is a CA two piece barrel with a Guarder 16mm extension.

cqbrbarrelid2.jpg

Edited by Tommygunn
You'd be surprised.  I originally got a new pistol grip to replace my old TM grip, only to find out it didn't sit the motor in correctly.  I switched back my old TM grip instead, and it's still working well even after 2.5 years of use.  I guess it hasn't snapped yet because it's fairly flexible plastic? :mellow:

And oddly enough I find the stock Marui pistol grip to feel more ergonomic and easy to hold than some. I bought a Falcon Ergo Grip for it since I liked the feel of the real steel counterpart, but the grip felt awkward because it was so much wider than the real thing, and the indentations for my fingers left something to be desired when it came to controllability and slip prevention. The TM grip actually makes it easy to fire single handed should the need arise. Of course, I am pretty strong in the first place, so some might beg to differ with that statement. :P

And it's pretty impressive what some fine grit sandpaper can do to the look of the original Marui grips.

And on that note, I think it's about time I make my contribution. Fresh from my reverse wiring project, the M933 Pirate edition!

M933001r.jpg

M933003r.jpg

Sorry for the poor lighting, I only have desk lamps for lighting and it's a tad chilly outside.

What length inner barrels are you guys using in your 10.5 inch m4's?

Back in the day i had a 285mm inner and it barely reached the flash hider.  I was thinking of going with a 300 but im guessing it will stick out slightly from the birdcage?

The 300mm won't stick out beyond the front of the A2, but it will be visible through the side ports by about 1cm.

300mm inner, G&P CQBR outer (10.5" IIRC), with Proud Troy FH: im002065mh3.th.jpg

My CQBR is in pieces right now, but I can take pic of the A2 on it later if you'd like.

TheKurodaVagrant-  :o  I am in love with that body! Where?!

It's the original G&P SEAL Team metal body, or at least I believe that's what the name was. They discontinued it and replaced it with this sometime last year. I haven't been able to find a retailer with it in stock anymore. The only thing that I was disappointed with was the face that "AVAST YE" was originally spelled "AVABT YE," but I was able to correct it with the tip of a knife, a black sharpie, and five minutes of care and concentration.

I love the body; the only thing that could make it better is having the trademarks engraved into the gun, but that's just so I wouldn't lose the trademarks if I ever decide to do some camouflage or if touch-up painting is ever needed.

It's the original G&P SEAL Team metal body, or at least I believe that's what the name was.  They discontinued it and replaced it with this sometime last year.  I haven't been able to find a retailer with it in stock anymore.  The only thing that I was disappointed with was the face that "AVAST YE" was originally spelled "AVABT YE," but I was able to correct it with the tip of a knife, a black sharpie, and five minutes of care and concentration. 

I love the body; the only thing that could make it better is having the trademarks engraved into the gun, but that's just so I wouldn't lose the trademarks if I ever decide to do some camouflage or if touch-up painting is ever needed.

Nice one. Excuse the noobishness but what does SHTF mean?

Glory pics of the SR16 with the homemade box mag. The person I got the SR16 for requested I make her a box mag to go with it, so I set to work...

It's a work in progress, mind, which is why it's, er, blue. With no front.

SR16Boxmag2.jpg

SG16Boxmag.jpg

Close-up shot of the box mag:

BoxMag.jpg

Edited by MDK_Marshal