Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Guzzi prepares to be stoned to death*

Ok, I admit, theres some beautification work to be done. And Im peeved that the Dboys M4 donor gun has a cut-out barrel which makes it look worse. I need a front sight (RIS flip-up on order).

But I dont care...this is a gun for gaming, not for looks.

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Heh, Nice. It's kind of the big brother to my springer 'patriot' :D

But, uh, if I may ask - why have you kept the stock tube on it? You could make it even teenier by just taking it off.

Funny enough, just after I posted those pics my dad came in and we had a conversation like this:

Dad: "That looks *fruitcage*ing hideous! Why is that tube on the back?

Me: "Um...realism? On the real thing, the recoil buffer is in there."

Dad: "I helped you with that thing, and Im not putting my name to it with that huge knob out the back. Get rid!

Me: "Okay, dad!"

Heres the result. One pic alone, and a pic of the family:

Edit:

Batou-san is right, the battery is in the readymag. I need to deactivate that thing's eject button as it makes the mag release hard to press. The battery mag is held in with a (rather obvious) screw, anyway.

Edit2:

Oh, in case anyone asks why I did this. Well, I go to games on a motorbike. To save carriage weight and space, mag compatability is a dang useful thing to have. Im not fond of GBBs anyway, but I wanted a reliable 1-hand gun.

The other deal was, it was to cost less than a midrange GBB with 3 spare mags. I just about did that:

Gun: £67 with postage

Readymag: £18

Rear sight - pinched off the M15a4 CQB

Not pictured but will be fitted:

Flip-up front sight :£32

RIS sling point: £27

Total: £144. Not bad.

Edited by GuzziHero

sprsx9.jpg

spr2nh8.jpg

Just got my SPR kit, from King Arms, quality is beautiful, total pain in the *albatross* to install, had to file down the little wings on the hop up so the barrel fit around it, than i couldn't get the Flora pins in the gas assembly, , it doesn't move, so i just left them out.

Other than that, it looks great, feels solid, but my stock M16 inner barrel was to long for the kit. So i too kit out for the time being and put a stock M4 length inner in there.

Magazine is from King Arms, quality on that is really nice, and feeds good so far. Front sight is from STAR.

Milla,

In the second pic there seems to be a small pin lying on the carpet at the centre bottom of the pic. Thought you should know.

Browningman,

You might find this interesting. It's about how to hide the wires when you have a peq installed:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...c=40133&hl=wire

My CQB Armalite as it currently stands :)

IMAG0028Medium.jpg

IMAG0027Medium.jpg

Started life as a M15A4 of some description, then had the front end changed for a CA CQBR front end, then I bought it :P I've since changed the solid stock for a HK416 stock (very nice I have to say! ^_^). All it needs now is either a rear sight or a carry handle, depending on if I can pick one up cheap-ish :lol:

Oh, and still getting used to the digicam, so apologies if the pics aren't too great ;)

:geek:

Browningman,

You might find this interesting. It's about how to hide the wires when you have a peq installed:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...c=40133&hl=wire

Thanks for the link. It's not really what I'm looking to do though. I like keeping my connectors on the outside so that I can easily disconnect the battery from the gun if I ran into a problem instead of having to pull the bottom rail from the RAS to access the connectors.

Hello, I just got my CA M15A4 RIS a few days ago

So far its been awsome and amazed me with the performance, shoots 353-355 fps with .20s, very nice to hold too

heres some pictures

aa.jpg

asdf.jpg

aaa.jpg

I still need a dust cover, which im searching, and the trigger gaurd will be here this week

Oh yea, the pictures are with my cell phone so there not that good

Thats odd, but really nice. What is it? I love the extending stock and the grip front.

BTW:

Im really pleasantly shocked that noone blasted me for the M4a1 Warder chop-shop. I was expecting to get hassle for that! Nice to see that Armalite owners arent as anal as some other folks ;)

Edited by GuzziHero
Thats odd, but really nice.  What is it?  I love the extending stock and the grip front.

Its one of my 2 Tokyo Marui CAR-15's. The front grip is basically a cut down M16A1/VN foregrip and the stock is spring loaded, so you just flick the switch and it pops out of its own accord. Far better than M4 stocks :P

edit: And just for the record Guzzi, I wanted to make two points about your cut down "Patriot"

1. THATS AN ABOMINATION OF AN M4, HOW DARE YOU BASTARDISE THAT GUN LIKE THAT.

2. "Dude....that is SO not milsim"

:rofl: Sorry, I couldnt resist :P

And that is a CAR-15. The lucky devil. If only there were more.

There would be more if both me and Screamin Weasel and I didnt have two each :D

Edited by Chrissyg

Does anyone know if the KA VN mags are any good? Because for $12 a pop off WGC they're looking pretty good! And also, what markings would you guys recommend for my SR15's body, "SR15 Match" or "SR15 M5"? Also are the Guarder bodies recommended?