Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few new pics, nothing special really... but I did recieve my aimpoint 3x magnifier ^_^

Think the I want to build another Noveske styled Armalite... any1 kno a good place in the US to get the Noveske metal body?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/evi...ft/IMG_5555.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/evi...ft/IMG_5553.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/evi...ft/IMG_5556.jpg

Bilvo, I'm guessing that's the G&P SR25 metal body? The CNC one or t'other?

:geek:

*Cue evil giggling*

I had to do it...the devil made me.

---

Okay...so I broked my front sight, tightening the grub screw up.  The King Arms PRI flip-up I have doesnt have a bayonet lug, and I dont want to replace the sight with an original, only to have the same sight wobble that I had in the first place.

So to mount a bipod, Ive have to add an RIS rail.  Then I though, if Im going to HBAR my M15a2, I may as well go all-out and put on a barrel extension to make it a 24".  Not sure yet whether Im going to take it Delta sniper or LMG.  I dont even think a 590mm inner barrel will make any damn difference.  Im just in a silly mood.

Please note, the bipod isnt staying.  Ill be putting the original CB-01 on it, as soon as I get an RIS QD mount for it.

Please be honest about whether the extension barrel looks OK or not.  If you think it looks too damn stupid, I can always sell the 590mm barrel that I impatiently ordered before I fit it.

Enjoy the giggle ;)

Man your gun is freakin' long... You might as well join the M14 club ;)

What? You guys want more pictures of my M4??

No!? Well, I'm going to shove them at ya' anyway! :D

m4sir1ke6.jpg

m4sir2up0.jpg

m4sir3mf7.jpg

m4sir4ji1.jpg

Heh, in the last picture, you can see the chrome body pins...and that awesome TM warning sticker. :D

-Vic

Would quoting my other post in the Weapons' Picture Thread be considered cheating? :D It sure is easier...lol.

-Vic

Man your gun is freakin' long... You might as well join the M14 club ;)

1012cm - not that bad, really!

Ironically, it was M14 barrel length envy that gave me the idea ;) I thought I had a big gun, till I used a friends KART M14 and though...ooooh. :lol:

Ill probably LMG it...I like LMGs :)

Yup, that Troy receiver is made by G&P. Pretty sweet looking, Dave! Are the front and rear sights RS Troy sights?

I just received my VLTOR M4 Receiver. It's a licensed VLTOR product, produced by G&P aswell (although on the box it says it's made by VLTOR in the USA, no mention of G&P). The quality is excellent and I'm in the process of installing it. Just have to find the time... <_<

-Alex

Yup, that Troy receiver is made by G&P.  Pretty sweet looking, Dave!  Are the front and rear sights RS Troy sights?

I just received my VLTOR M4 Receiver.  It's a licensed VLTOR product, produced by G&P aswell (although on the box it says it's made by VLTOR in the USA, no mention of G&P).  The quality is excellent and I'm in the process of installing it.  Just have to find the time...  <_<

-Alex

Pics first

I really with they made the upper vltor MUR reciever

Vltor%20MUR%20-%201A-3.jpg

Vltor%20MUR%20-%201A-2.jpg

Edited by Milla

Man, I would love the VLTOR MUR. Actually, I really want the VLTOR M4K upper receiver. But I totally understand why G&P decided to make the standard M4 receiver first as that way they didn't have to generate new molds. The one I have is basically the same receiver as the rest of their M4 receivers except with the VLTOR trades. Most of the excess cost probably goes back to VLTOR for the licensing. Considering G&P have already got the license to make the M4 receiver with VLTOR trades, it is entirely possible that with those channels of communication with VLTOR now being open, a MUR or M4K receiver may not be too far off... Fingers crossed anyway! ;)

Man, I would love the VLTOR MUR.  Actually, I really want the VLTOR M4K upper receiver. But I totally understand why G&P decided to make the standard M4 receiver first as that way they didn't have to generate new molds. The one I have is basically the same receiver as the rest of their M4 receivers except with the VLTOR trades.  Most of the excess cost probably goes back to VLTOR for the licensing.  Considering G&P have already got the license to make the M4 receiver with VLTOR trades, it is entirely possible that with those channels of communication with VLTOR now being open, a MUR or M4K receiver may not be too far off... Fingers crossed anyway!  ;)

I just ordered a G&P Colt body, i cant wait to get it, but i have to cut the buffer tube on the lower receiver first :rolleyes:

I wish that the colt was made like some of the other bodies with the already short buffer tube for the crane stock.

p1000329vl4.jpg

p1000333an0.jpg

p1000283uh0.jpg

p1000275mr6.jpg

p1000314qm3.jpg

p1000306ko5.jpg

Troy SPC CQB Project

-------------------------

Base:

G&P CQBR

Externals:

- Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake (Proud)

- DPMS Quad Rail Gas Block

- Troy MRF-C

- Tango Down Battlegrip Rail Panels

- Tango Down Battlegrip Vertical Grip (KA)

- Troy Metal Body (G&P)

- Tango Down Battlegrip Rifle Grip (KA)

- 1-Point Sling (G&P)

- VLTOR Carbine Modstock Clubfoot with Buttpad modified to fit custom 9.6v battery

- Troy BattleSights (Bomber)

- TA01NSN ACOG with BUIS (G&P) and Killflash / Aimpoint (G&P) with ARMS#22 replica mount

Internals:

- G&P/Systema Hopup Unit

- FF Strike Chamber

- Big-Out H Nub

- Guarder 50% Bucking

- Guarder Mag Catch

- Guarder Tappet Plate

- Guarder Nozzle

- Prometheus 300mm TB

- Prometheus Shims

- PDI 170% Spring

The VLTOR carbine modstock's battery tubes are long enough to hold four 2/3A cells. You can fit a custom battery a number of ways, but one of the simplest would be to use a 4x4 modified nunchuck style (or 3x2x3 crane style) battery, cut a channel along the inside of each tube to make room for the wiring that runs along the cell sticks, cut holes on both sides of the stock so the cell stick can fit through, and cut channels on both sides of the stock so the wiring connecting the sticks can have a place to go when the stock is collapsed. You could probably also fit 3 SC cells in the tube by removing additional material from the tube, stock, and end caps. I'll get some pics up of the stock modification later.

- VLTOR Carbine Modstock Clubfoot with Buttpad modified to fit custom 9.6v battery

:blink: Yes please! Some pics would be awesome!

Do you think either one of these batteries could be converted to work with the RS VLTOR Stock? :

* G&P 9.6V 2200mah NiMH

* Sanyo 9.6V 1700mAh

I ask because I have several of both.

lol dave, I was in awe at your first 2 pics and I was thinking of what optics might look good on that. I was like " I know! and ACOG with killflash would look perfect" and I scroll down to see you did that already.

Maybe all you need now is the Troy silencer.

Very nice piece though.