Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a mag release fence on that XM16E1? If so........ IT IS NOT TRUE XM16E1. I wish airsoft comapnies weren't so dumb sometimes.  :unsure:

EDIT: Not you, the company is stupid if they labeled it wrong.

By fence, do you mean the ribs around the magazine release? If so, the XM16E1 and later M16A1 (M603) did have the ribs, but the original AR15 (M601 and M602) model that featured no foward assist knob did not have them.

Pictures of my just finished XM16E1 (M16A1 with 3 pronged flash supressor)

I definately like the older style M16 there. It's given me ideas as to what I may build next. ;)

Edited by browningman

Dude not on the side with the selector, I know my AR-15's. I am talking about the side with the button to release the mag.

EDIT: On this page you can see what I mean.

http://retroblackrifle.com/ModGde/CrbGde/607.html

My favorite Vietnam-ERA carbine, the Colt 607 (what us airsofters know as the CAR-15).

EDIT2: No harshness intended

Edited by That_One_Person
Dude not on the side with the selector, I know my AR-15's. I am talking about the side with the button to release the mag.

My favorite Vietnam-ERA carbine, the Colt 607 (what us airsofters know as the CAR-15).

I am not speaking about the selector side of the gun. I am talking about the ribbing around the magazine release button. If you want to see for yourself what exactly I'm talking about here you go:

3_27-28-433-709_2003100810132.jpg

The top gun is the original AR15 (M602) with no foward assist or ribbing around the magazine release button and the lower is an XM16E1/M16A1 (M603), and as you can see, it does have the ribbing around the magazine catch.

So to summarize it:

M601 (AR15)-No ribbing around magazine release

M602 (AR15/XM16)-No ribbing around magazine release

M603 (XM16E1/M16A1)-Ribbing around magazine release/ No ribbing around the magazine release (some models)

Visionviper's M16 is an M603, obviously in the form of an XM16E1 because of the trademarks and three-prong flash hider.

EDIT 2: By "ribbing" I'm speaking of the addition of the vertical rib in front of the magazine release button. Some XM16E1s did not have the ribbing in the case of earlier models, but later models did.

Edited by browningman

LOWER RECEIVER:

STYLE:

"Partial Fence"

MARKINGS:

Colt Logo

COLT AR-15

PROPERTY

OF U.S. GOVT.

XM 16 E1

CAL. 5.56 MM.

Serial XXXXXX

SELECTOR:

"Later"

TAKEDOWN / PIVOT PINS:

"Later" Pins

BOLT CATCH/RELEASE:

"Latter" with Raised/Grooved End

Taken from: http://retroblackrifle.com/ModGde/RflGde/603E1.html

Apparently I've either been misinformed or misread something somewhere then because I just looked further into it and came up with:

A rib was built into the side of the receiver on the XM16E1 to help prevent accidentally pressing the magazine release button when closing the ejection port cover and perhaps also to protect the receiver from wear from the cover hitting up against it. This rib was later extended on production M16A1s to help in preventing the magazine release from inadvertently being pressed.

It still doesn't settle for the matter of the countless pictures of "XM16E1s" (not airsoft) that I've seen with both ribs around the magazine release button, large Colt logo trademarks, and three-pronged flash hiders, but in the end I guess you were right.

EDIT2: No harshness intended

Not meaning to rub it in that I have a CAR-15.. :P (the dodgy grip is now off)

P1000798.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

And an old one of my CA M15A4 Tac Carbine, with underslung M203, delta force silencer, KA RDS and a 10.8v in the back :P

DSC00047.jpg

Edited by Chrissyg
The Crane Stock add on is from Echo1 and I ordered it from Evike (I'm sure I will get lots of Boooo's over that'n) :)

I can not confirm if it will fit a Combat stock but it physically bolts onto the LE Colapsible stock making it a permanent item. Does it function? In what respect? It functions the same as real steel in that it has tubes to hold Lithium or AA or AAA batteries, with O-Ringed end caps. Could it be used to make a Crane battery pack? I would imagine it could be done.

Ah, ok. Thats pretty much what I was wondering about. Wasn't sure if it could hold actual batteries. I like the look of the crane stock a lot more than the LE stock, but I'm not too keen on the idea of spending $100 for a stock alone.

Mounted my Surefire :)

PICT0400.jpg

PICT0402.jpg

Nice, I'm not too sure about the black left on the grip. I can see why you've done it but its not my cup of tea. I like the wear on the upper but the lower could do with a little more but I suppose that'll come with use.