Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can slip a zip tie through the hole and up over the top of the rail. But unless you *fruitcage* up a lot when opening and closing the receiver your tabs should last a while. Just open it slowly and make sure when you are closing they don't hang out the side and are actually going inside the lower receiver.

I need some idea's on how to keep my body together when the tabs eventually break on my TM V2 M4. Since I don't have enough money for a metal body and I won't for a while, my tabs may not last long.

take some aluminum sheets from a soda can, use the marui tabs as a guide to cut two aluminum sheet into the shape of the tabs, and then super glue them to the tabs to reinforce them.

same method can be used if you manage to break the tabs before reinforcing them, see this for some pictures, website in japanese

link

Edited by srpg
Why is your front sight backwards? for looks?

it's bothering me, too... On a real firearm, the front sight post is also the gas block (the bar just above the barrel). Such a setup on a real firearm would be spitting gas forward instead of into the gas tube, thus turning the gun into a manual repeater which has to be manually cocked for each shot, like an airsoft springer...

It just looks odd and IMHO kills the airsoft feel which is, afterall, about realism (vs. unrealistic 'paintball' with its bright colored "waterguns")

Edited by jonboy2312
it's bothering me, too... On a real firearm, the front sight post is also the gas block (the bar just above the barrel). Such a setup on a real firearm would be spitting gas forward instead of into the gas tube, thus turning the gun into a manual repeater which has to be manually cocked for each shot, like an airsoft springer...

It just looks odd and IMHO kills the airsoft feel which is, afterall, about realism (vs. unrealistic 'paintball' with its bright colored "waterguns")

amen brother. death to stupidity!

I need some idea's on how to keep my body together when the tabs eventually break on my TM V2 M4. Since I don't have enough money for a metal body and I won't for a while, my tabs may not last long.

It it is a Version 2 M4 (one piece barrel and 6 position stock) then the tabs shouldnt break as Marui re-enforced them