Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how just ONE optional accessory can totally change the appearance of a gun.

C7A1, configured for DMR role, 7x50 scope and a simple clip-on bipod.

sdc0031xa3.jpg

sdc0034wq6.jpg

sdc0039bv1.jpg

sdc0037yb8.jpg

sdc0038it8.jpg

This is NOT the main config for this gun... in most scenarios it's a simple assault rifle with ADIS iron sights/carrying handle, although I do plan to procure a 4x Elcan in the nearest future (within a month, perhaps). In this basic form, it has 330fps (stock power, although all the internals are quality reinforced 'tuning' parts, such as sealed, metal piston and cyllinder heads for a more realistic firing sound)

However, in scenarios with possible long-range encounters such as the recent operation Red Spectre, it will be equipped with this 7x scope and this easy-on-easy-off bipod, and a slight refit inside the mechbox giving it over 420fps (not gonna tell you how, forum rules :P ).

There's also a CQB configuration, which you've seen already - with a badass bayonet attached. Of course for actual airsofting, the bayonet is replaced with a rubber one :D

Edited by jonboy2312

it struck me that i didn't have that many pictures up of my workhorse M4 (my loaner gun basicly :P), so with the nice weather we've been having i set up a little "DMR/ spotter" thingie

here's some of the pictures

IM000885sm.JPG

IM000888sm.JPG

IM000897sm.JPG

IM000905sm.JPG

cheap SD look :P

IM000907sm.JPG

cant identify cos the picture is too small but looks like its got the Crane Markings under the bolt cover, cant say for sure though

Well, it doesn't. SEALs don't use the Mk18, they use the CQBR which has no markings. That photo does serve as a good example of a CQBR built with a 10.5" LMT upper though

those aren't technically mk18s. Those are nswc guys testing new 10.5" barreled uppers on their m4s.

Those are 10.3" barrels and they are not test guns. That picture was taken in 2003, well after the CQBR entered service with the SEALs. The CQBR is not issued with specific accessories like the Mk18 is. They vary greatly weapon to weapon. A M900 would be perfectly correct for a SEAL weapon, but not a VBSS Mk18.

You guys have to understand that Mk18 = VBSS team, CQBR = SEALs. SEALs dont use the Mk18, VBSS doesn't issue the CQBR. I guess the confusion is the fault of people like myself never being specific enough.

Barrel looks a little long by a smidgin.

He's running a 10.5 inch on his replica which is correct for both the VBSS Mk18 and the SEAL CQBR. Both weapons have 10.3" barrels from Colt and 10.5" barrels from LMT, depending on when they were made.

Edited by SilentScope
Does the stock on the bottom gun fold to the left or is the just me?

Looks nice!

--Darth:Vader :starwars:

yeah it does, the problem with solid folding stocks that fold right is that it blocks the ejection port. the scar got around this by folding at an angle but it blocked the mag release and a lot of the trigger area. solid folders are just a pain in the butt all round, but that 180 is sweet

Ahhhh...an AR-180!!

I can't put my finger on it, and honestly, I blame it on watching "The Terminator" one too many times, but that ugly gun has a special place in my heart. I didn't know they made an airsoft version.

I'm not sure if they still make it, most likely not. It seems to be a classic - I think I see a socket for a gas hose at the bottom of the grip. It's got to be one of the gas-powered oldies... which makes me drool over it even more.

No whining gear noises, just pure, raw gas blowback power and a puff of 'smoke' (decompression haze, actually) on each shot... That, and rolls-royce build quality... gotta love these...

Thanks!

Oh hell!  Gunrunner, where did you get that AR18?  I vowed to get an airsoft version of the AR18 after I spent a day at the range with an armalite AR180B.

It's a JAC AR-18, you can probably find some used ones being sold at classicairsoft.net every once in a while, btw, it uses the BV gas system, so it's technically a non blowback rifle, unlike what a previous post said. I have heard that JAC also made a carbine and SMG version, but I've never seen them.

It's a JAC AR-18, you can probably find some used ones being sold at classicairsoft.net every once in a while, btw, it uses the BV gas system, so it's technically a non blowback rifle, unlike what a previous post said. I have heard that JAC also made a carbine and SMG version, but I've never seen them.

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

Peks_u, did you modify the CA upper receiver to take take a functioning dust cover?

My chinese M4 CASV, going for a disrupted urban/low light friendly scheme, it looks a bit poor against my blue/grey garage floor, but seemed to work well at phoenix:

Left:

left.jpg

Right:

right.jpg

With no flash:

side_noflash.jpg

I used Krylon black, dark grey, OD, Med Brown and Light grey in varying coats to create the blends.

It will get re-done soon as I got hold of some Digi-stencil masks

:rolleyes:

The PEQ is temporary as I'm going to be using an interchangeable crane stock setup with a big 9.6v battery for this and my JG m733 which I am going to do soon, and my brothers new type89 (god its nice) at some point in woodland friendly scheme.

(duplicated from the painted weapons thread)

My chinese M4 CASV, going for a disrupted urban/low light friendly scheme, it looks a bit poor  against my blue/grey garage floor, but seemed to work well at phoenix:

Left:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/brad...20guns/left.jpg[/img]

Right:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/brad...0guns/right.jpg[/img]

With no flash:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/brad...ide_noflash.jpg[/img]

I used Krylon black, dark grey, OD, Med Brown and Light grey in varying coats to create the blends.

It will get re-done soon as I got hold of some Digi-stencil masks

:rolleyes:

The PEQ is temporary as I'm going to be using an interchangeable crane stock setup with a big 9.6v battery for this and my JG m733 which I am going to do soon, and my brothers new type89 (god its nice) at some point in woodland friendly scheme.

(duplicated from the painted weapons thread)

I'm not gonna lie I like your paint job. Good job. Oh yeah I like your gun too.