Armalite Picture Thread

000_3847.jpg

000_3848.jpg

My Classic Army M15A1 Vietnam w/ G&P M16A1 VN Metal Body (and some other upgrades). Only the G&P M16A1 VN handguard delta ring fits the G&P M16A1 VN metal body but since the classic Army delta ring was the same threads (just different starter threads or something ) I rethreaded the metal body and made it fit (it also saved my $100 even though it was a pain in the *albatross* to get on). It doesnt look that good compared to everyone elses M16s but I go for a authentic Vietnam look so I dont want all the fancy stuff on my gun.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That gun looks very well done, I love classic 16's. But may I ask why you replaced the CA metal body?

Likely because CA put their horrid *generic Americanski assault rifle* trademarks on it. Their guns would be so much better without those big ugly trademarks. *shudders*

But that's a nice job on the mods. I love the look of it.

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant
That gun looks very well done, I love classic 16's. But may I ask why you replaced the CA metal body?

There is a few reasons, the ugly (unrealistic) trademarks, the crappy looking gray body, the forward assist (early models didnt have one), and some other things. CA pretty much took a A2 body, painted it some ugly gray color and put those ridiculous trademarks and put "M15A1" on it (instead of M15A2).

Edited by M14
gorilla, I thought you could put batt's in that CASV?

Not really any room inside the CASV. Hence having to use the bundled PEQ.

I think it (PEQ) is pretty bulky, and makes the gun even more front heavy (well- heavier)- and the CraneStock will be on the 733 anyway, so I can just slide it off that and use it on this one if I fancy it.

I'm using a 9.6v 3300mah in the CS..

I had dabbled with the idea of running both my cheapsoft batteries in parallel inside the PEQ to give me 8.4v 2800, but the lure of the higher ROF from the 9.6v is just too much :)

Oh, and the fact that my 733 now has uprated gearbox, and the CASV box is uprated means I can play with confidence.

Edited by gorilla77
My chinese M4 CASV, going for a disrupted urban/low light friendly scheme, it looks a bit poor  against my blue/grey garage floor, but seemed to work well at phoenix:

Left:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/brad...20guns/left.jpg

Right:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/brad...0guns/right.jpg

With no flash:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/brad...ide_noflash.jpg

I used Krylon black, dark grey, OD, Med Brown and Light grey in varying coats to create the blends.

It will get re-done soon as I got hold of some Digi-stencil masks

:rolleyes:

The PEQ is temporary as I'm going to be using an interchangeable crane stock setup with a big 9.6v battery for this and my JG m733 which I am going to do soon, and my brothers new type89 (god its nice) at some point in woodland friendly scheme.

(duplicated from the painted weapons thread)

Looks good, I should be getting one of those late next week or early the week after and I'm with you on the PEQ looking fugly.

I'm going to be looking for an internal battery solution tho as I've also ordered a fancy stock to go with it which means no crane for me.

I've seen a 9.6 pack on ebay which hopefully will fit inside the casv with a little modification. I just have to wait untill the gun shows up to see what space I have to work with inside.

A Combichrist skull....i thot it'd look neat..(tape+exacto+spraypaint)

...and i havent gotten arround to finishing that one..

shaggyandnik537-1.jpg

Does anyone know where i can find a mount that can attatch two weaver rails together?

-SZ

Nice look! Not something you see everyday. I used shelving brackets from my local hardware store to mate the 2 rails together. So, from a front view, it should look like this:

[ rails here]

Make sure you get the brackets with the pre-drilled holes in them and get 2 or 3 screws and nuts to secure them together.

Here's what I did a while back as an example.

dsc05315vr4.jpg

ok, now that a figured this out...

38762546212_0_ALB.jpg

58762546212_0_ALB.jpg

78762546212_0_ALB.jpg

98762546212_0_ALB.jpg

Had some extra rails laying around...thought they may be of use. It's a work in progress. I still need a box mag...it's all I can accomplish on my budget right now.

ok, now that a figured this out...

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos3342/...46212_0_ALB.jpg

Had some extra rails laying around...thought they may be of use.  It's a work in progress.  I still need a box mag...it's all I can accomplish on my budget right now.

Just a suggestion but wouldnt the red dot be better on the reciver rather than 3/4 down the barrel, that vert grip looks to be pretty far down the gun too.

It might be better if you put both bits of rail on the bottom and used one for the grip and mounted a flashlight on the other infront of it.

If your after a cheapish boxmag and dont mind having a manual wind one have a look on rsov.com, you can get twin pack 5000 round ones

I can't see the pictures, but if I understand you right, he has his red dot so far down the gun because RDS have unlimited eye relief, so, the further down your rifle, the less your vision is blocked. Basically, you'll still see the dot perfectly, but you'll also have a lot more daylight on either side.

I'm not sure what "downhill" means, but what Sgt. Carter said sounds sorta right. I put it down that far because it's overall easier to use. I don't have to adust where I put my head as much...and yes, the grip is pretty far down, but I'm 6'4 1/2 (at 15 years old, and I'm still growing...) and my arms are beastly long...so not so much of a problem for me. I do get what you mean though. Although I am comfortable that way, others wouldn't be. That's sort of the point I had in cusomizing it, though, to increase my personal comfort.

Ah, yes, and as for the box mag, I'm getting the mega hi-cap one, as it's very cheap and doesn't need batteries. I believe it's made by A&K.

I don't know why they're not working anymore....I'll try to fix it. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

ah, here we go.

Here....

and here.

Edited by Kush88