Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i repainted my M4 handguard and stock. When my RIS comes the rial covers will get a similar paintjob. Oh yeah, and I hate you all.lol.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/tu...te/P5140144.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/tu...te/P5140143.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/tu...te/P5140142.jpg

Looks good

It actually looks pretty good...it's just missing something, though.

Not sure what.

-Vic

I know what you mean. I think an Aimpoint or maybe an ACOG would finish it off nicely.

Crunchy - nice blue slipper...

That is the knee of my jeans. I was kneeling to take the pic. And, I decided to go back to regular OD. The paintjob just wasn't working for me. But yeah, I plan to get a AP on a QD mount or if I have the cash a HurricanE 552 replica.

The C7A1 again (in its Designated Marksman Rifle configuration), with an extra cosmetic detail added (real steel mag with inert rounds).

It got some battle scars at the recent skirmish, and a severe sand contamination. It's all cleaned up now.

I've also decided to give it an ambidextrous mag release and a carry-handle mounted rail to make the scope sit higher. It looks cool with it installed directly on the receiver, but it's just too impractical for use with body armor, a tac vest over it and a k-pot.

Still waiting for those parts to arrive, though.

dsc0006aze7.jpg

dsc0008acp1.jpg

dsc0009ahd0.jpg

dsc0011adh8.jpg

Looks great jonboy, the mag w/ inert rounds is a great touch.

Thanks... I've built this contraption from the ground up, you know...

Believe it or not, tt started off as a well R6. Then it just kept evolving - some new innards (mostly Systema and G&P) , then an all metal body from a dead CA, lots of cosmetic work to get rid of CA's innacuracies - I refinished the thing, gave it firing mechanism axes on the receiver which CA ommited, gave it a gas tube and G&P mil-spec handguards with aluminum heatshields, a milled steel outer barrel, a proper carrying handle, custom trademarks engraved on the receiver, and a moving bolt with a pop-open ejection port cover. All the steel parts such as the bolt, the cover, and the entire front end are properly blued, not painted.

Somewhere through the process the gearbox shell was replaced with a reinforced one. Piston and cyllinder heads are metal, double sealed, the nozzle is metal, too. All for the perfect firing sound. There's not a single R6 part left except for the excellent XYT gears.

I have no idea how much it costed me. Actually, I'm guessing it would have been about $1500 if I had it all done by others. Luckily, I never ever trust any "authorized repair centers" or retailers with my guns and do all the dirty, greasy work myself.

Edited by jonboy2312
I wouldn't do that.. just save a bit longer and buy a real Eotech, a 511 or 512 is not that much more..

And let's not forget that the only significant difference between the 551/552 and the 511/512 is that the 55X series are NV capable. So unless you see yourself using NV anytime soon, you may as well save yourself some money and just get a 51X series EoTech.

I've heard some people argue that the 51X series EoTech's don't have "Military/LE use only" markings. Such is not the case. Both the 51X and 55X have those markings. The only aesthetic difference is the ommitance of the NV button on the 51X series and slightly different buttons. That's it!

Yeah, but I have a orthopedic boot, that I can walk around in so in my last skirm I played the MERC leader who the other team had to kill. So I didn't need to move around a lot and stayed in our base. But, the bad part is, I took a point blank shot to the shoulder from a WE dragon on CO2 when I tried to escape whne our base was overran. It wasn't all that fun.

EDIT: How is an MRE rail system installed? It seems complicated in how your supposed to put your front sight on.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny