Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments all. Some of my older patterns had too much contrast, which actually didn't help. Too little contrast doesn't help either. It took a while to find the right 'balance' of colors on this one.

ViciousV10s, I did have another pattern similar to this before from last year, except it lacked the medium brown and had the "red" rust color to it with some green in it.

Yeah I did, and I found a site called SOGArmories and it looks pretty good. Anyone know how much work it would take to fit a real steel RIS unit onto an airsoft gun?

Also, I'm almost positive lower recievers are not usable without massive amounts of modding, but what about uppers?

If you get a PTW you can fit all sorts of real steel items. I know RAS systems fit, and I think upper recievers do too.

Fitting real steel parts to a TM or similar often requires quite a few modifications if I recall correctly, due to the dimentions of the TM being off from the real rifle.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Yeah I did, and I found a site called SOGArmories and it looks pretty good. Anyone know how much work it would take to fit a real steel RIS unit onto an airsoft gun?

Also, I'm almost positive lower recievers are not usable without massive amounts of modding, but what about uppers?

Uppers...ehh, not so much. I've seen it done to PTWs and a few classics, but no guarantees on them fitting on anything else. Not 100% sure...

Depending on the gun, you can fit numerous real steel items. For instance, I have a genuine KAC RAS on my (soon to be) Bushmaster. (Yeah, ignore the sig...I was bored, heh.) A Classic Army "M15-A4 SPC" is the base weapon system.

You can purchase stock adapters for mounting real stocks, and of course, whatever mounts to an accessory rail real-steel wise can probably fitted to an airsoft gun.

-Vic

Edit: Damn...beat me to it.

Edited by Victory

To be honest, I'd really avoid touching anything related to real steel receivers, be it uppers or lowers. You start to fall into the gray area of legality with the Feds. Hand guards, stocks, flash hiders and other accessories should be legally fine for the most part. As for finding RS parts, start by looking at what styles and brands of RS parts you like, and then go to those manufacturers' web sites and look and see if they have authorized dealers listed, e.g. for specific parts, like VLTORs CASVs, you can start at VLTOR's site and go from there. For more generic parts, you can find a lot of options through Google.

Ebay is often a great place to look as well, but it isn't always the cheapest option out there. Do some research and you'll figure out what you want/need and how much the components cost.

Brownells.com is a good place to start.

I finally man'ed up and painted my furniture.

Sorry for the ishtty camera phone quality, Ill get better pictures when my woman shows up with her camera.

BLASTER.jpg

I guess everyones finally done with the whole cqbr craze. Just keep in mind that I made this over 2 years ago, back when there were only a few :)

Standard CA m15a4

Chopped my carry handle

G&P Free floating cqbr KAC RAS

G&P rail covers (About to cut my bottom one to slide on infront of v-grip)

G&P Forward grip

King Arms RDS on cantilever mount

Couldnt get my king arms g27 pistol grip to fit so I went with a STAR tac grip.

PDI M4 Sniper Type Trigger Guard (Back then the only person who I had seen that had it was LedPocket, I really just got it for looks)

Prime Crane Stock

Sanyo 9.6v 3600mAh NiMH (I miss being the only person with this! lol)

Prometheus 6.04mm Tight Bore inner barrel

M1#0 spring

Some re-greasing work, re-lubing work, and re-shimming work over time

And Im pretty sure that sums up my blaster.

Right, Terrible quality pictures from my phone... The gun is actualy a lot more epic in real life :D

Img03.jpg

Img04.jpg

Img06.jpg

Img05.jpg

The bits recentley added are...

ACM CASV Set

ACM Magpull CRT Stock

ACM Aimpoint & Mount

Element Noveske Flashhider

Dboys PEQ Box

Prometheus 6.03 Tightbore

King Arms Vert Grip

It's absolutely brilliant. Personaly, I'd have liked it if i could use my QD silencer with it and have it starting just inside the CASV set, but that's life, you don't get everything you want.

Probably cost me around £600 so far, and it's still not finished.. *cringes*

Very likely to qualify for the 1k club, though, as that's in IS dollars...

Sgt Carter, yes, they are; I've lost the bolt stop catch and 'rear-wired' the gun to take a battery in a pouch on the stock before these parts all arrived. Wrapped it in paracord so it looks nicer than just red and black wires.

Ghost; Started life as an AIM M4, Long, long ago, when I was considerably richer for not buying all there bits. You can l;iteraly count the original parts on one hand, methinks... lets see....

> Pistol grip & parts

> Gearbox Shell

> Cylinder

> Cylinder head

> Anti Reversal Latch

> Bevel Gear

> Tappet plate

> Spring Guide

> Plate behind the stock tube and the screw that holds the stock tube on

I think that's it. Okay, two hands, but as you can see, I'm, REALY grasping at straws to find stock parts. everything else, and I MEAN everything, is a third party part. A fair whack is G&P; Delta ring assembly and receiver, mainly. Oh, and the piston.

EDIT - before anyone notices it and calls me a blasphemer or something, the torch is a Duracel jobbie I got from the local asda, bolted on using a standard scope ring :D Does the job!

Edited by MDK_Marshal

Well, it's comfy as hell and fits straight onto my unknown brand metal stock tube. Good build quality, although the plastic isn't the best in the world and the paint could use a teeny bit of touching up here and there.

As I'm a poor student, I've never been anywhere near a real magpul anything, let alone had a chance to use this stock. I'd go for this simply because of the price and availability. It's sturdy enough and I love it to bits. if you've got the spare cash to hand, by all means go with the real one. But I like the clone! :D

Right, Terrible quality pictures from my phone... The gun is actualy a lot more epic in real life :D

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/mdk...rsoft/Img03.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/mdk...rsoft/Img04.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/mdk...rsoft/Img06.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/mdk...rsoft/Img05.jpg

The bits recentley added are...

ACM CASV Set

ACM Magpull CRT Stock

ACM Aimpoint & Mount

Element Noveske Flashhider

Dboys PEQ Box

Prometheus 6.03 Tightbore

King Arms Vert Grip

It's absolutely brilliant. Personaly, I'd have liked it if i could use my QD silencer with it and have it starting just inside the CASV set, but that's life, you don't get everything you want.

Probably cost me around £600 so far, and it's still not finished.. *cringes*

Very likely to qualify for the 1k club, though, as that's in IS dollars...

Looks good (well as good as it can in those pics) I'm loving that CTR stock, you dont see enough of them imo.

Have you thort about getting a shorter outer barrel? It'd look better with the Noveske flashhider. RSOV does steel and alumium barrels for about £15 and the front section comes off.

Thats almost what my new M4 will look like when it finally arrives altho mine will have only cost about £100 :P (Dboys FTW!) I'm still undecided on the final look of mine, I'm going to have a play about with my accessorys when it arrives. I've got some ideas tho so keep an eye out next week.

Looks good (well as good as it can in those pics) I'm loving that CTR stock, you dont see enough of them imo.

Have you thort about getting a shorter outer barrel? It'd look better with the Noveske flashhider. RSOV does steel and alumium barrels for about £15 and the front section comes off.

I have thought of doing that - my current outer barrel comes off at the same point. The only problem is that my Full-length Prometheus Tightbore says some nasty things about chopping it down ;) If I Get some spare cash in the future I'll probably order a shorter TB and Have a CQB Setup Too. But not at the moment :D

MDK, the m4s looking good,  are you going to front wire it and replace the bolt catch.

i didnt know the ACM aimpoint came with trades

Yes, I am at some point. Going to get myself some deans connectors and a battery to go in the PEQ, and do a proper job of it. The Wires inside the gearbox are getting towards "A bit shagged" - IE, a bit of the insulation has come off on the negative wire. Nothing major, But the whole loom could do with an overhaul.

And yeah, I was a bit surprised at that. It also comes with the Mount, Batteries, and Flip-up covers. The covers aren't shown 'cause I did a bad and lost part of teh front one <_< Working on fixing it as i type...

So, yeah, shopping list is:

Some kind of Ergo Grip (G27 lookalike, maybe>)

New Wiring

Some parts painted OD when my krylon arrives

New Selector plate (Current one is shagged, My full auto doesn't work)

New Gearbox Shell

TM/Element Piston

Element standard Gearset

Proper Torch :D

And probably a few more bits and pieces that catch my eye. I'm looking to have 350 fps and 25-30 rps, preferably. I may get myself one of those Dboys Gearboxes and just have a drop-in replacement with a different config; 370 at 20 rps or something, for big events with high FPS limits like copehill down.

I have thought of doing that - my current outer barrel comes off at the same point. The only problem is that my Full-length Prometheus Tightbore says some nasty things about chopping it down ;) If I Get some spare cash in the future I'll probably order a shorter TB and Have a CQB Setup Too. But not at the moment :D

Yes, I am at some point. Going to get myself some deans connectors and a battery to go in the PEQ, and do a proper job of it. The Wires inside the gearbox are getting towards "A bit shagged" - IE, a bit of the insulation has come off on the negative wire. Nothing major, But the whole loom could do with an overhaul.

And yeah, I was a bit surprised at that. It also comes with the Mount, Batteries, and Flip-up covers. The covers aren't shown 'cause I did a bad and lost part of teh front one <_< Working on fixing it as i type...

So, yeah, shopping list is:

Some kind of Ergo Grip (G27 lookalike, maybe>)

New Wiring

Some parts painted OD when my krylon arrives

New Selector plate (Current one is shagged, My full auto doesn't work)

New Gearbox Shell

TM/Element Piston

Element standard Gearset

Proper Torch :D

And probably a few more bits and pieces that catch my eye. I'm looking to have 350 fps and 25-30 rps, preferably. I may get myself one of those Dboys Gearboxes and just have a drop-in replacement with a different config; 370 at 20 rps or something, for big events with high FPS limits like copehill down.

Any chance of taking a pic with the short barrel config and the inner barrel removed?

If you wait a while rsov is supposed to be getting some surefire m900 copys, they'd look good on the casv imo.