Armalite Picture Thread

Hey guys, I have a CA m4 ris and I am looking to spruce it up a bit. I was looking to add this ras:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/ma...m16_ris_jpg.jpg

The thing is I think its 16ish inches and my barrel it only 14.5. I was wondering if cutting it down would be plausable.

Also, I was thinking of a new stock. I had my eye on either the magpul CTR stock or the G&P UFC stock. (knockoff of magpul m93 stock). Does any one have experiance with cutting down a ras like this or with either of the stocks? any info would be greatly appreciated

I would not cut the RAS...try finding something shorter...

-Vic

EDIT: Oh, and Drake...those are MadBull BamBoo rail covers, correct? I think I might have asked you this before...not sure.

Edited by Victory
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the bamboo rail covers are installed in the same fashion as the Magpul XT, then the system is quite efficient. There is no chance that they would just ''plop off''. I've had Magpul XT's in the past, and they are really comfy and give the best grip i've tried in regard to rails covers. If I was to use some in the future, I would definitely take XT's again, way over KAC or even Tango Down. Altough the Tango Down rail covers are not bad either.

New toy :) Dboys M4 CASV

PICT0340.jpg

PICT0341.jpg

Still to come

Magpul MIAD grip

ACM curved trigger guard

OD CTR stock (on the way next week)

Dboys modular rail covers(I know the whole idea of a CASV is to take off unused rails but I'd loose them.

New hop rubber as mine has a tear around the back edge.

OD Krylon to touch up the CASV

And in the not so distant future depending on how well it works and how soon I get my CQBR finished.

ACM 4x ACOG to replace the red dot along with these parts

PICT0338.jpg

240mm supressor hiding......

PICT0339.jpg

....509mm 6.03mm prometheous barrel which I've had in my bits box for ages (6.04mm systema pictured)

I've also discovered I dont need that FUGLY peq box, I can fit the battery inside the handguard.

oh and just because I was taking pics at the time

HICAPS FTW!!

PICT0345.jpg

Only need another 3 ^_^

Edited by evansy

@ ChromeBeretta

Yesh indeed that is a very nice M16. Not many people like OD parts but I am quite partial to them. I also love simple rifles so that is a double threat. Do you by any chance have the picture of the guy using the RS version its modeled after? Just curious.

Thanks guys.

Yea, its just any standard issue marines M16A4, i dont think i have the pic anymore, but i know it was from somewhere in Afganistan.

The painting and the "IV" are just my little touch to it, i plan on painting the vert grip and the ris panels the same color to go with it. It'll be sweet when i finally finish it.

and @ reaper16, yeah, a regular one works, but mines the old triangle shaped one... dh'o!

It looks awsome, but that's not the right RAS for a standard issued M16A4 MWS. You'd need an M5 RAS. The side rails don't span the entire length of the system as yours does. Not that that's a bad thing.

The SAM/R has rails all the way but it's a free floating system.

Example:

2med.jpg

Edited by MERCILESSPIT
The painting and the "IV" are just my little touch to it, i plan on painting the vert grip and the ris panels the same color to go with it. It'll be sweet when i finally finish it.

lol nvm I thought there was a pic of a Marine using a rifle that was painted with a IV sticker on it. That wouldve been funny.