Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone mentioned this before...does anyone put Magpuls on the way Magpul shows them in these pics?

mp556_06.jpg

mp556_04.jpg

mp556_05.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a pic on Arnies with the magpul put on that way...

there is a pic on Magpul.com where it is mounted the other way as typically seen on the forums, Im just wondering if one is the "proper" way...

mp556_10.jpg

that guy has all his mags on his vest on one way and the one in his gun the other....

Edited by ViciousV10s

Hmm, I've never seen it the first way. In all the product pictures of the magpuls by themselves, they look shaped and molded to be used like the Marine is using them. I assume they go like he is using them, since that is how you make your own magpul as well (that design.) The 550 & 100mph tape magpuls I made for my mags, the 550 runs perpendicular to the mag...just like normal.

I suppose it's personal preference. I tend to use them as the marine in the last picture. When they are in my vest they just feel more comfortable that way. I would think the first way would be a little harder to wind mags IF you use hicaps. If you think about it though the ranger magpuls are designed the first way...so.........hmmmmmmmm.

Edited by statikzero
I think someone mentioned this before...does anyone put Magpuls on the way Magpul shows them in these pics?

Yes, a lot of guys on AR15.com use their magpuls that way. I've tried it a few times and it works well, it all depends on what works best for you when you are drawing mags from your pouches. Some people's fingers just work better that way.

It doesn't work well on MAG mags, they slips off too easily. On metal mags they stay on fine.

I usually recommend not buying a retailer custom gun. Through my conversations with people who have bought them, they seem to never be re-assembled in just a really quality manner and we've found them to incur problems rather frequently.

Redwolf, however, I don't know about. I think I heard about 1 that failed rather quickly due to shotty re-assembly. Most of the custom retailer guns that have issues in our experiences are WGC guns and custom guns like Airsoft Surgeons.

But the amount of issues that arise have put myself and others off of buying retailer customs altogether and we now focus on upgrading or customizing on our own.

uh... to answer all of the questions...

I can fire both with both hands. Whichever I choose to shoot with is random. Same with everything else (batting, throwing etc)

The markings on the stock represent two things:

1. Decoration ;)

2. Team number, we all have one. It is determined by your bonth month or something like that.

And to contribute to the pictures...

Time for pics of the newest addition to the family. This was meant to be a replica of a real M4, the .pdf below has a picture of the real one. The top gun in the .pdf is the one I copied, however they had a choice of stocks and the guy at the bottom is holding the one I went with. By the way this was built without a donor, from scratch.

CLICK HERE FOR THE .PDF

AND MINE...

Pictures are a bit big, so I thumbnailed them, click on the thumb then click again on the image to get full size.

troycqbspca440mm1ux6.th.jpg

troycqbspca440mm2gg3.th.jpg

troycqbspca440mm3id5.th.jpg

troycqbspca440mm4la0.th.jpg

Hope you guys like it. :)

EDIT: New project starting soon. :D

Edited by statikzero