Armalite Picture Thread

img0097yh2.jpg

Anybody know what mount that is for the Aimpoint? It's real cool. Maybe some quickrelease contraption.

That's the Aimpoint M2/M3 (M68) mount made by Aimpoint. Guarder makes a replica of those. I recommend a Larue Tactical M68 Aimpoint mount though, very solid, light, and it's quick detachable.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys...

No problem guys! :)

Statik, was it hard installing the M203 onto the King Arms MRF 10" R.I.S.?  Did you have to mod anything to make it work?  I was always "told" that the MRF didn't allow for a non-RIS M203. Beautiful gun BTW!

K, here goes...

Actually, I got this M203 from ehobbyasia. When I ordered it, the one pictured was for the classic army style delta ring. The one that they sent was for the tokyo marui style. At first I was a little upset but something told me to try it. The only problem is that it won't slip over the barrel, so the "A" front sight has to come off in order to slide it down the length of the barrel. Once on it fit like a glove with almost NO side to side movement.

For this project, I switched the front mount on the 203 to a QD type, which required a bit of grinding because the mount was lower than the built in one on the 203. Since this setup doesn't have a front sight mounted to the barrel it is about as quick release as it gets. There is a spring pin on this particular r.i.s that hold the bottom half on, this pin has to be depressed to get the 203 back on, but it is almost as quick as the removal. It slides on and off, actually, without touching any part of the r.i.s except for the delta ring.

In short, I could have just said "yes it works" but I figured I would let you know everything involved. Remember, though, this is the TM version and not the CA version of the M203 from G&P.

VERY nice setup Statikzero. Which Systema box are you using?

This one

I have tweaked it a bit to bring it closer to a U.S. legal FPS which rules here prevent me from discussing.

:rules:

:unsure:

Edited by statikzero

Here's my M16A3

CIMG0126.jpg

CIMG0124.jpg

CIMG0125.jpg

Specifications:

ICS M16A3 with Olympic Arms RAS

G&P Polycarb Piston

M1X0 Spring

Area 1000 metal bushings

Systema Hop Up Rubber

H-Hop up

Madbull 6.03 M16 length tightbore

Everything else is stock

Air-Tronics 3 round Burst Unit

8.4V 4200 Mah battery

Paint:

Krylon Sand, Olive Drab, and Brown [the Fusion Camo series]

I also painted the mags, and the Acog.

Hope you enjoyed it

-Ezzy

Chrome Beretta,

Is it a RAS or RIS? If it is a RIS they are inherently sloppy that's why Knight's Armament developed the RAS. The RAS has a claw clamp on the inside, upper rear which clamps tight to the inside of the Barrel Nut by way of the Allen bolt which is exposed top rear.

Edited by Tommygunn

Yeah, I was thinking that's what he meant, just want to be clear. I seriously think it's an issue with the clamp.

I'm not sure about that particular RAS, but the clamp that retains the top section to the gas tube should keep any excessive rotation from happening. That is, also if the gun has a gas tube, which I have seen some that lack that feature, but depending on the make of the RAS, it may have a gas tube included with the kit. (i.e: G&P)

Or...

The clamp is secure but the front sight tower is loose or too far from seating against the retention plate and cinching the RAS, that could cause the rotation.

Edit, Sorry Tommygun, I was too slow. heh. But it's good to know that difference, I was under the impression both had the clamp.

Edited by MERCILESSPIT

Hi,

i had the same problem with my RIS,since it is a 2 piece design(Upper&Lower).

What i did,was to take a piece of shrinktube,

cut 2 square pieces out (6-7mm x 10mm)

and put them on each side of the upper piece(towards the frontsection)

and fully close the RIS.

You can position the things already so,

that you want see it or wait like 3-4 day´s.

The Shrinktube will form it self to the edges of the assembly points.

Open the RIS,cut the pieces so it wont be exposed and finally tip it with a drop of glue and put it back together.

Youre RIS will stop 2 wiggle.

Same thing with the Receiver.

Everybody knows the problem,that when you have to open the Receiver a couple of times,the Receiver starts to wiggle a bit.

The cause of this is that the pin´s are made of steel and the Receiver is made out of Aluminium.The pin´s will wide the holes every time a little bit more until it starts to move.

Just glue a little strip(5mm x 10mm) of black shrinktube on the upper side of the very end of the upper receiver,where the tab meet´s the lower portion.

When you close the Receiver be gentle and carefull when you slide it together.

I know,it sound´s a little bit funny but it works....

Sorry for writing like that,but im very busy with some work in my house and i´m jumping from computer to the bedroom...sorry. ;)

CALI SWANGIN`

Edited by CALI SWANGIN

its a ca ris, i just bought it and thought it'd work, guess not. Man, this is getting really annoying now.

Update: I just took a screw and screwed it into to front half of the ris, it seems to be alot more stable. I'm about to take some electrical tape and tape it around the two halfes to make sure they dont come apart considering the ris is abit off because of the screw.

Lol, let this be a lesson to all of you, dont go the cheap route to get ######, cause then this is what happens, Dh'o! :headbutt: .

Edited by Chrome Beretta