Armalite Picture Thread

Alright, I posted this over at Technical Discussion as well but I think that I might have more luck with this thread.

I was looking to get a reinforced grip to replace my original Marui one on my m4 (hurricane metal receiver, mostly marui internals) partly because I don't like the look and feel of the original ones and also because once my motor seemed to move around just a tad inside of the grip during a game causing it to lock up a bit. So anyway, I was looking at the Guarder reinforced grip (pic), I've bought Guarder products before and I love their quality and it seems that many people on this forum use this product and don't have many complaints. But anyway, my question was if I need to go ahead and purchase the Guarder grip end (pic) as well or may I continue to use my original marui grip end on the new Guarder grip.

And so that I don't hijack the thread here's my m4 from over a year ago. It's missing my BUIS and Surefire G2 mounted on the right rail.

m4sp4.jpg

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, Instead of making a new topic or trapsing through a 200 page thread - I would just like a general consensus.

Who makes the best M16? Classic Army, G&P or ICS?

Don't answer if you don't want to as I haven't exactly gone out of my way to find out thus far.

thanks,

- Gareth.

Right, Instead of making a new topic or trapsing through a 200 page thread - I would just like a general consensus.

Who makes the best M16? Classic Army, G&P or ICS?

Don't answer if you don't want to as I haven't exactly gone out of my way to find out thus far.

thanks,

- Gareth.

WGC Custom M4 Based on G&P

According to ONE review?

Dude, you're nuts if you think you can base an opinion off of ONE review.

G&P are hands down the best external replicas you can get for the m16 series. The recievers are anodized, most parts are steel and the polymers/plastics used in the plastic parts are for the most part above CA and definately TM in quality.

G&P mechboxes on the other hand are vastly inferior to CA. G&P boxes are even moreso hit and miss than their m15 equivalents.

These days i think we are in the area of something like every 4 out of 5 CA's works out of the box.

I wouldnt run a G&P gun stock for all the pistons in the world. Ive had three stock G&P guns break out of the box for me and give utterly horrid performance. Ive seen an equal amount of G&P guns stop working or fire eratically when the trigger isnt even being depressed.

Right out of the box a G&P gun requires more fixes than the average M15. It is recommended that you replace the nozzle, tappet plate, wiring assembly (although you can get away with not doing this), reshim, relube, replace hop up bucking as well as the hopup unit (although again, you can get away without doing this)

Now, having said all of this, which would i pick? I would pick the G&P any day of the week simply because all of the recommended fixes for G&P armalites dont deter me.

Systema quality? Probably, considering the decline of QC in systemas products in recent years.

Highest ranking quality among airsoft manufacturers...no, not even close.

PS, sorry for derailing the conversation here. I felt it neccessary to argue the comment above. I dont believe in misleading newer players into thinking that random airsoft gun A is problem free and better than random airsoft gun B.

G&P by far, it'll require the least upgrading, it looks awesome, and according to a review I read they have some of the best stock mechboxes, up their with Systema in quality.

Edited by Magsz
Ewwww, what scope is that? Get an ACOG or Aimpoint and it should look just fine. I'm waiting on my BUIS from keith at RSOV before my guns finished.

Dude, that is a nice scope. I believe its a Barska 1.25-4X20 scope. It looks just like the Schmidt & Bender CQB short-dot that is in actual use by US Forces.

@MERCILESSPIT, Thanks man unique is the name of the game with this gun. Hopefully it will be fun to play with too. :)

It is just a bolt on rail that attaches through the holes in the bottom.

Truth be told i got this gun in a trade. I traded 1 working TM for a TM aug and this broken SRC, I have just been having fun with it. Once it is finished there wont be too much SRC left i think.

I do have a nice FF RAS, but it is for another more serious project. :)

DSC03266.jpg

Ferretklr, that LaRue 13.2 would go nice with a 16" barrel for a Recce rifle build.

some sweet pics here liking the cqbr tallbloke

pic of my WIP recce ( i think its a recce ?)

reccepicmt7.jpg

still need :

magpul m93 stock

magpul xt rail covers

eotech

and get rid of the peq and reddot.

also anyone know if theres a airsoft masada coming out ? it looks sweet :D

I was wondering, do you have a 16" barrel on that? Or is it a 14.5"?

One person cannot make the call what's best, everyone has different experiences.

I've found through multiple conversations that WGC custom guns based on G&Ps are likely to fail because WGC has a tendency to to a less than proper job of re-assembling the mechboxes post upgrading them. It's best, in our judgement, to get the G&P and customize it personally than to take the chance on ANY retailer custom guns regardless of the retailer, be it WGC, RedWolf, or whomever.

I have a G&P M16 that has more than 80,000 'rounds' through it and has had absolutely no failures at all (other than the crappy o-ring G&P uses on thier piston heads, which I replaced promptly) and it's nearing it's one year 'birthday'.

But, as the occurrence of more and more people reporting that thier G&Ps are performing way above expected results, and the fact that there are more of every (other than, but not discluding G&P) brand of gun prevalent in airsoft classifieds or for sale in one way or another, it speaks to the fact that G&P owners simply don't want to sell thier guns. I believe that to be a sign that G&P is popularly the most 'sought after' of the high-end AEG market. That backs up the high quality of internals, externals, and longevity.

It looks, however, that STAR is planning on or trying to take over that position with some really nice little features like firearm parts compatibility on such parts as buffer tubes for instance.

So my eye is open to the STAR for future updates because they are so new in the 'M' series market.

But until those rumors are proven true, G&P stands to be the top choice.

According to ONE review?

Dude, you're nuts if you think you can base an opinion off of ONE review.

G&P are hands down the best external replicas you can get for the m16 series.  The recievers are anodized, most parts are steel and the polymers/plastics used in the plastic parts are for the most part above CA and definately TM in quality.

G&P mechboxes on the other hand are vastly inferior to CA.  G&P boxes are even moreso hit and miss than their m15 equivalents.

These days i think we are in the area of something like every 4 out of 5 CA's works out of the box.

I wouldnt run a G&P gun stock for all the pistons in the world.  Ive had three stock G&P guns break out of the box for me and give utterly horrid performance.  Ive seen an equal amount of G&P guns stop working or fire eratically when the trigger isnt even being depressed.

Right out of the box a G&P gun requires more fixes than the average M15.  It is recommended that you replace the nozzle, tappet plate, wiring assembly (although you can get away with not doing this), reshim, relube, replace hop up bucking as well as the hopup unit (although again, you can get away without doing this)

Now, having said all of this, which would i pick?  I would pick the G&P any day of the week simply because all of the recommended fixes for G&P armalites dont deter me.

Systema quality?  Probably, considering the decline of QC in systemas products in recent years.

Highest ranking quality among airsoft manufacturers...no, not even close.

PS, sorry for derailing the conversation here.  I felt it neccessary to argue the comment above.  I dont believe in misleading newer players into thinking that random airsoft gun A is problem free and better than random airsoft gun B.

my WGC custom required zero mechbox work, and hasnt needed any since. knock on wood

Ok, so my CA M15A4 RIS 2007 Carbine will be arriving tomorrow. I hope to have a review up by the end of the day or early Thursday. Right now it is about 2 hours away from me in Toledo, Ohio which just left at 8:22 PM, so maybe I will get it early in the morning so I will have time to charge the batteries so I will have enough daylight to preform an accuracy test.

MercilessPit, I had a 550FPS Redwolf upgraded G&P SPR/A.  i asked for 450FPS and i got 520 and then I added a new inner barrel and it went up to 550.  I never opened up the gearbox ever after getting it.

I don';t doubt it, not all are bad like those I mentioned, but of the G&Ps that DID have problems, they were retailer custom guns. Buying a retailer custom doesn't mean your automatically going to get a bad gun, but of the G&Ps that had issues or problems, they were mostly those that retailers had used for the base of thier customs.

Yes, Magpul PTS is making a direct airsoft copy of the Masada. It's probably going to be on the Systema PTW level of quality and price, but that's just a guess.

Nice rifle BTW.

sweet ! i was on there website and i fell in love with it .. lol :P

thanks.. if all gose well it will be finished next month ..

magpul stock ? or sopmod stock ?

dynamic e that is amazing !

Its not a tappet specific problems, its due to the fact that the cam on the sector gear is over sized.

Perhaps they fixed the problem with a bandaid by replacing the previous tappets with softers one.

Im honestly not sure, i havent opened up a G&P rifle in the past four months.