Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my Noveske Leonidas inspired ICS M4 AEG.

Leonidas-1.jpg

I cut a little over 7.5" out of an ICS M16A3 barrel to get the correct length outer barrel that I wanted. Additionally due to the weak ICS barrel (for a free float application) I also created an aluminium doughnut spacer to eliminate barrel wobble and to center the barrel in the RIS.

Parts list includes:

ICS M16A3

KA Noveske KX-3 Fire Pig Flash Hider

Custom Length ICS M16A3 Barrel

JBU M16 Length Free Float RAS

Ergo Skeletonized Rail Covers

KA Tango Down Style Rail Covers

KA Tango Down Style Fore Grip

Bomber Troy Style Front and Rear Flip Up Sights

PDI KAC Style Trigger Guard

Barska Euro-30 Scope (1.25-4.5x)

KA Tango Down Agency Style One Point Sling Mount

Specter MOUT Sling

Pretty much it's all done, but I don't like the riser mount or scope rings I'm using. Had they laying around, so it's no big deal. Right now I'm looking at the Bomber replica of the LaRue SPR mount. Additionally, I'll be adding a Crane stock at some point in the future. More than likely, I'll be picking up another ICS M4 and adding a Crane stock to that. That way I'll still be able to have full stock or Crane stock, just by popping the receiver pins.

Here's the real weapon that I tried to replicate. I know it's in a different caliber, but no big deal for me.

Noveske Leonidas

leonidasBlock1.jpg

Honestly don't know. :-\ Ask Yeager. I think he said it was one of his first guns, and almost everything has been replaced. As far as the externals go, I think the only TM parts are the RIS unit and the upper reciever. So I honestly don't know which version it is. :-\

you're a bad, bad person vic!

Don't worry...I'll make up for my wrong-doings. The gun in the pic will eventually become a Bushmaster Modular Gas Piston Carbine, and the Barrett's almost done...just need a MIAD, an inner barrel, and a barrel mounting piece...don't know what it's called, but I have to find one somewhere.

-Vic

Edit: Not sure if I should mount a M203 on the Bushmaster or not...I have one, but if I stick it on there, it'd be for awhile...as it's Non-QD.

Edited by Victory

Very low quality picture (or at least for me it is).

dsc0013vl1.jpg

It's stuck in the middle of its piantjob, and I had to quick throw on the crane stock because the full stock ended up cracking. All in all very comfortable weapon now compared to before.

I need some help with my M4 project guys.

I have a G&P RIS front end, CA M15A4 metal body and TM internals with a G&P metal 1 piece hop.

I've tried searching but can't find any relivant info. Can any one give me a guide on how to put it all together?

A-Ron...good start but recommend a few things:

1) replica gas tube. you gas block looks like a chop down front site post, might as well complete the look with a fake gas tube

2) scope covers and killflash

3) low profile BUIS

4) move the bipod towards the end alittle more.