Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

over half? dont flatter yourselves.... this is a british site afterall remember...

R

Yeah I know its a British site, did you read my post? Also, yes there are more Americans on this site than British, which I presume to be 2nd. I looked in the members section, there are 462 pages of Americans and 406 of British. I think I'll go flatter myself now.

I also just picked this up-

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

Edited by BentleyCntlGT
no. they have both. trust me, id know... the usmc uses both fabrique national AND colt weapons, although all orders now are FN. but, i HATE FN, so i got a colt body. there are no colt a4 bodies out yet, so i got an A3, because i simply hate FN. also, she is full auto anyhow, and the A3 is too, so it matches

-Joe

hum, oh ya

M16A4's marines use NOW have FN bodies.

yeah, i saw those... but i didnt know how to fit them, with the split upper reciever and all...

-Joe

It's not that difficult. That's how the original Marui receiver is made - the only difference being that it's all metal and much more durable. Of all the metal body kits out there I highly recommend Zeke's to those inexperienced with installing MBK's.

I was supposed to know that, how? :rolleyes:

guess?

but yeah, even though they are issuing all FN now, there are still alot of colt A4s and A2s with A4 uppers going around... actually, i was considering aking one of those. an a2 with a flattop, pretty unique, eh?

either way, i am happy with my A3, as it justifies "AUTO" being on the reciever, and that the actual airsoft rifle is fully automatic too... but i always did want a burst limiter

maybe someday, ill get another lower, with COLT A4 markings (if they ever make another with Burst) and get an airtronics burst limiter

til then, ive got my baby

-Joe

no. they have both. trust me, id know... the usmc uses both fabrique national AND colt weapons, although all orders now are FN. but, i HATE FN, so i got a colt body. there are no colt a4 bodies out yet, so i got an A3, because i simply hate FN. also, she is full auto anyhow, and the A3 is too, so it matches

-Joe

I have yet seen a M16 A4 with a Colt body in the Marine Corps. The FN M16A4's are NOT as bad as you may think. The colors are weird, almost a purple on the recievers, but they are damn reliable so far, i like the one i was issued, works just like the damn Colt M16 A2.

Now the M4's we are issued are all Colts.

And guys who are doing Iraq impressions, my unit is getting the Grip pods instead of the KAC vert grip. Supposedly a lot of other units have them on now too. 2nd LAR (who we are going with) has them already. And i believe my reserve unit is getting a few MK12's...i cant wait for that ;) A1 lowers with full auto supposedly.

The Marine Corps is also switching all SAWs over to the Para barrel with the M4 type stock.

Edited by Milla
I have yet seen a M16 A4 with a Colt body in the Marine Corps. The FN M16A4's are NOT as bad as you may think. The colors are weird, almost a purple on the recievers, but they are damn reliable so far, i like the one i was issued, works just like the damn Colt M16 A2.

And guys who are doing Iraq impressions, my unit is getting the Grip pods instead of the KAC vert grip. Supposedly a lot of other units have them on now too. 2nd LAR (who we are going with) has them already. And i believe my reserve unit is getting a few MK12's...i cant wait for that ;) A1 lowers with full auto supposedly.

The Marine Corps is also switching all SAWs over to the Para barrel with the M4 type stock.

Wow :) Its really nice to have some real first hand info...

oh, the reason i hate them is not so much because of their reliability or looks, mostly because of what was stated earlier... colts "a good old american company" ;)

ive heard reports of FN weapons malfunctioning, and seen a few, but im sure that COLT weapons are the same. im just ###### that FN gets the A4 now because they beat colt by like $25 per rifle

bastards

oh, and i would also like to know about the m4 type stocks on the saws... never saw that until recently, definately interested

as far as the MK12: thats cool. i didnt know they were just throwing A1 lowers out there again... i guess they've still got alot left over. just like the A2... way too many left to be completely phased out.

Wow :) Its really nice to have some real first hand info...

if you search through the thread, alot of marines have also posted other info, like myself. i wont claim to have gone to the sandbox, because i havent yet, but i know that some other people in this thread have.

-Joe

img1114nq4.jpg

So heres my CA M15a4 carbine with my new ELCAN and a thermold mag, its not going to stay like that as the scopes for my M/95 but it was the first flat top armalite i could grap..... call it a C8a1/M-96 wannabe ;)

Edited by Jaager
Ugh 2nd LAR. That unit made life miserable for me last year in Iraq. Besides that fact, yes SAWs with M4 stocks were quite frequent at the base I was at. From what I saw in the chow hall, all it is a plate of some sort attached to the rear of the SAW with a M4 stock tube connected to it.

Who were you with? I'm with 4th LAR.

I cant elaborate on the M4 stock on the SAWs, i haven't even seen it yet. But we are getting the new PEQ16's also i hear.

Edited by Milla
im just ###### that FN gets the A4 now because they beat colt by like $25 per rifle

bastards

FN Herstal, Belgian company, doesn't have much to do with this case. Those uppers are produced by the FN USA factory in Columbia (if I recall correctly), which is led by US citizens, and employs US citizens.