Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave the magwell expander!

In my opinion, it adds to the overall look. And yeah, it can help with magazine changes.

But yeah...don't take it off. ^_^

-Vic

P.S. Plus, if you ever want to join MegaForce, you need a MagWell Expander. Just ask No Mercy.

Edit: Wow...that was perfect. This is my #1,337 post. It's a sign!

Edited by Victory
Usually i would agree about the extension. But it kind of fits.

My questions is this, does it really help with mag changes??

Supprisingly it actully does to my amazement...

It pretty much finished just playing with the idea of a Vltor long clubfoot stock (laylax)

RE1.jpg

What do you guys think ?

Sorry for the late reply.

It's a G&G GR25 with CA crane batt. stock, CA SR25 rail system/outter barrel (301mm), Magpul MIAD grip, Troy front/rear flip up sights, Daniel Defence QD sling attachment, Tango Down forgrip, ATN flashlight.

so i can put on really any armalite frontset or stock? id just have to buy a ca25 reciever, and those are expensive...

but about the mag extension:

pretty much the worst thing ive ever seen on a rifle. ever. oh wait, ive seen worse: that stupidly long m93 stock... what the hell? are your arms like 4 feet long? why would you need that? better yet, why would you want that?

-joe

really nice rifle Joe!

More pics.

Please note the wal-marpat fleece blanket that my little sister made me! Yes, walmart sells a fleece material in a marpat-ish pattern. It's so warm!

Also, a lot of my pictures are kinda blurry a little because I cannot use the flash with the color of rifle.

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

I don't know anything about the fleece, just that the walmart close to me has it.

But the paint is DuraCoat magpul flat dark earth. It's almost impossible to photograph! It is a little shiny in the pics, but outdoors, that shine isn't there.

Dammit, someone needs to make the new LMT MRP as an airsoft MBK for a decent price!

That's going to be tough. To make them you basically have two choices casting and CNC. The only way to do it "cheaply" would be to cast it. After speaking with a few different airsoft manufacturers, most of them don't like the prospect of doing the MRP because of the tooling cost for casting would be very high for a piece that big. Plus most manufacturers simply don't believe there is enough interest to warrant the number of pieces they would have to produce to make the cast tooling worth it. The lack of large scale interest makes casting a no-go... which brings us to limited production runs through CNC machining. And what most manufacturers have discovered after the part cost analysis, is that CNC'ing the MRP would put it around the same or more expensive price range as that of BestGun's entry into the MRP market.

I'd love to see it happen. Till then, I'm happy with my BestGun LMT MRP. ;)

Nice. So how do you find Duracoat's Magpul FDE color compare to the VLTOR and TangoDown furniture (I'm assuming yo didn't have the VLTOR and TD parts Duracoated too right?)? I've been struggling to decide which Duracoat FDE color I should go with for my EOTech's repaint: Magpul, VLTOR, TangoDown, or EOTech FDE? I was leaning towards the VLTOR FDE...

Edited by uscmCorps
how do the mag extenders help? are people that motor skills challenged to MISS the magwell?

R

It helps because you dont need to look at the gun when your reloading and i can imagine it would help in low light conditions

tbh you'd need to try one to see what i mean.

Personally i think it looks hanous but it does work.