Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

updated the shorty...need to rework that battery and place a new crane stock on there....other than that, its shooting better than ever, thank you Scorpion.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Saw it yesterday when I was over at Scorpion's. Shouldn't be bad at all for the CQB event in Huntington.

Edited by browningman

My newest blaster, an ECHO-1 M4 RIS with some goodies to make a "budget" Noveske Afghan. Scope is a Barska 1.25-4x 26mm with a Leapers 30mm mount. Front end is a JBU M16 RAS, stock ECHO-1 PEQ-2, CA SR15 front sight, CA vortex flashhider, and a G&P vert grip. My rifle shipped with a carry handle (not the standard flip-up BUIS), so I'll be getting a rear sight soon.

AfghanProtec007.jpg

AfghanProtec010.jpg

AfghanProtec009.jpg

AfghanProtec011.jpg

ArdRummer...that is a fantastic looking rifle.

-Vic

P.S. Where'd you get the Barska Euro 30? The cheapest I've found so far is on eBay.

Thank you mate, it's nice to hear that my work is appreciated... by someone other than me, anyways. :)

Got it on Optics Planet:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-1-4x26-...pe-ac10018.html

teell me, what peq is that on the afghan above? and where the hell did you get an AR180B??????

-Joe

My PEQ is the crappy stock ECHO-1 unit (apparently differs from their "aftermarket" version with stickers and whatnot). For $335 total, the rifle looks damn good, crappy PEQ unit or not. :D

XM607_800.JPG

This early "Colt Commando" was a labor of love. The body and pistol grip are G&P and the barrel is from King Arms. A Marui XM177 provided the base.

Note the correct front pivot pin (custom made) and the real-steel slipring. I also eliminated the bayonet lug and front sling swivel mount. I am still looking for a couple of little things to make it as accurate as possible, but overall I am really loving this gun.

airsoftdissy_800.jpg

My Marui-based AR15 went kaflooie so I decided to transplant all of the external accessories onto an A&K M4 I got for $60. So far it's running like a champ.

shorty_800.JPG

My indoor/CQB gun...stock with a shortened barrel, Noveske KX3, G&P SOCOM stock, M500 taclight and a Gen 1 EoTech. The scope mount is from Rock River Arms.

CASV_600.jpg

I bought a Marui M733 for use as a KISS backup gun, but I can't resist the temptation to keep attaching things to it.

About a 9 to 9.5 inch barrel would put the threaded side of the noveske inside of the lower rail but then you would have to relocate your FSB. I believe a 7.5 inch barrel will fit the bill if you want the noveske's threads inside of the UPPER part of the rail and almost completely ensconced by the lower.

A 10.5 inch barrel will put the threads of the flash hider about a half inch in front of the FSB.