Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, it's actually the D-boys one.

It is kina bulky.. Mostly wide, but I like it a lot :wub: Great piece of metal!

And thanks! An eotech is on the to buy list ^_^

The Dboys rails are cast rather than machined like the KA one which is why it looks a little podgy but at £30 a time its rude not to.

I've got the Dboys one on my SR-47 and Dboys M4 (oddly enough)

I vote for the folding stock as well. Is it one of the ACM ones? as I've got one of those too and there nice bits of kit as well.

Lord Sex,

Great pics as usual!

Do you live on an auto circuit?

Slainte!

Indeed great pics, and I reallydefenitely like the ACOG/EOTech combo.

But since when do cars drive on grass? It more looks like a footballfield to me ;)

Indeed great pics, and I reallydefenitely like the ACOG/EOTech combo.

But since when do cars drive on grass? It more looks like a footballfield to me ;)

Your probably right- I couldn't see the green on my laptop- looked like a right hand corner-

Thanks!

The Dboys rails are cast rather than machined like the KA one which is why it looks a little podgy but at £30 a time its rude not to.

I've got the Dboys one on my SR-47 and Dboys M4 (oddly enough)

I vote for the folding stock as well. Is it one of the ACM ones? as I've got one of those too and there nice bits of kit as well.

Yeah, well, i got myself a D-Boys m4 wich was all #####.. Saved the parts i liked :)

I'm not sure about the stock, it's not ACM, it came with when i bought the m4 secondhanded. It's kinda short and looks shorter then other foldable stocks, havnt found anything like it.

why? this rifle out shoots rifles that cost 3 times as much!!! why waste money when the d-boys spr is a fantastic piece of kit?

the magpull stock is a replica & comes in at around £40 & the quality is amazing!

....that....is....a.....dboys!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? :o

idk if im more angry then awe-strucked. that looks better then just about any other armalite i've seen on this thread. not saying it's the best-iest looking thing, but wow

please tell me HOW MUCH u paid for it? and where to find those parts? i don't really want performance, just to have it around! LOL

you have pics on how you put a lipo battery in your stock tube? i didn't think it was possible.

Another member, KWP showed us some pics of his M4 using some Firefox LIPO batteries made to fit inside a buffer tube here.

I recently bought the same battery from RSOV, and I've gotta say, I have no idea how this thing is going to fit all the way into the buffer tube. Yes it will go into the buffer tube, but a good 1 1/2 inches of the battery sticks out the end of the tube making full retraction of the stock not possible. Hopefully someone who has tried this can tell me how they faired with this solution.

<_<

Edited by uscmCorps

One way to cure the problem would be to fit a G&P Crane stock and buffer tube.

This is for two reasons. The first being that when the stock is fully collapsed there is still a cavity of about 18mm remaining in the rear of the stock.

Secondly, the G&P buffer tube has the buffer bolt step-down shoulder further down the buffer tube giving, approximately, an extra 25mm inside the buffer tube. However, this does require cutting down the upper receiver buffer tube mount by half, but this is part of the course for G&P Crane stocks.

One way to cure the problem would be to fit a G&P Crane stock and buffer tube.

This is for two reasons. The first being that when the stock is fully collapsed there is still a cavity of about 18mm remaining in the rear of the stock.

Secondly, the G&P buffer tube has the buffer bolt step-down shoulder further down the buffer tube giving, approximately, an extra 25mm inside the buffer tube. However, this does require cutting down the upper receiver buffer tube mount by half, but this is part of the course for G&P Crane stocks.

Sadly, that doesn't remedy the problem. My M4s already all have G&P Crane Stocks. I'm trying to move away from using crane stocks and just use regular collapsibles. Even using a G&P crane stock buffer tube with the back of the receiver cut down, the lipo still sticks out about the 1.5" that I described. On a non-G&P crane stock buffer tube, i.e. a regular buffer tube, it sticks out almost 3 inches. My fear is that KWP's lipo solution limits the amount you retract the stock, because if you retract it all the way, the battery will stick out the end.

Sadly, that doesn't remedy the problem. My M4s already all have G&P Crane Stocks. I'm trying to move away from using crane stocks and just use regular collapsibles. Even using a G&P crane stock buffer tube with the back of the receiver cut down, the lipo still sticks out about the 1.5" that I described. On a non-G&P crane stock buffer tube, i.e. a regular buffer tube, it sticks out almost 3 inches. My fear is that KWP's lipo solution limits the amount you retract the stock, because if you retract it all the way, the battery will stick out the end.

i use the kingarms lage battery stock which comes with a replacement stock tube that runs the entire length of the stock but has a cutout in the middle which i 3 cell li-pol sits in very nicely!!!!

as it is a li-pol the battery is a hell of a lot lighter than a standard battery with a lot higher voltage! i wouldnt use this system if i was running the gun on full auto as the batterys heat up quite alot but my spr only ever stays on single shot!

i will post ome pictures of hor this is put together soon!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2037/m4...9edited2kt4.jpg

my d-boys cqb with full upgrade! just need to paint it now

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6330/m4...3edited2vl5.jpg

my d-boys spr!! full upgrade parts arrive next week & i run a li-pol battery in the stock tube! also needs painting

Very nice work there, sir! Very interested to see how you crammed the lipoly in the stock tube, but I imagine I'll be gutted to find out I can't do the same to my own G&P MBK. Good choice on the stock, I've wondered how that stock would work on an airsoft rifle, as I've seen it 'pimped' at Shot Show a lot.

Also take another look at KWP's pictures.

None of those photos show the stock fully retracted.

I just sent KWP a PM asking how far he can collapse his stock with the Lipo in there. Hope to report back soon with his reply unless he decides to post here.

-A

well, the buffer tube for the magpull prs is a bit different. You can't stuff it from the end, if you do, you can't install the prs stock. Thats why I was wondering.

its simple use the king-arms stock tube that comes with the king-arms large battery stock as sold by e-hobby asia on e-bay. it has a cut out in the stock tube which holds a li-pol very nicely as long as you get the loose 3 cell battery! yes you may have to do some dremmel work & shorten some wires but from the stock arriveing to it being fit & working took under an hour! i will post some pictures as soon as i can as my cameras are all in for there yearly service (im a photographer) & i dont have one at the moment!

if you want the ebay item PM me!

naw its cool... i have the prs adapter already, wasn't looking to buy any more stuff, just wondering if you found away to mod the adapter. I guess the repo adapter is abit different. i purchased the magpul adapter for the prs stock, and I can't stick a lipo because of the buffer tube screw, and i can't cut around it either. :(

i'll wait for pics :)

Edited by mrblah
Is it normal for the RIS to wobble a little, when I move the forward grip sideways, it moves a little....

Yep, but there's a simple fix for it. I made my RIS foregrips rock solid by making up some Araldite (two part epoxy) and putting it in the grooves that go around the delta ring. Use a little oil on the delta ring as a release agent. Leave the epoxy to harden for a few minutes, until it is no longer liquid, then put the grips back on to shape the epoxy to the delta ring. Take them off, leave for another couple of minutes, then do it again to check the fit is still good, then leave overnight to harden. I've also done this on my standard plastic fore grips.

I'll post you photos tomorrow morning, so you can see what I'm talking about :)