Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got this done tonight. It's a prototype I have been working on for a couple of years (on again, off again).

Tac-9_1.jpg

Tac-9_2.JPG

This particular gun was inspired by the 9mm Colt subguns made by Total Silence and similar "tactical" Colt 9mm conversions. Modifications are:

Cut-down barrel

Cut-down front sight

Receiver modified by removing brass deflector and forward assist

Warhead 9mm magazine conversion

Real steel brass deflector

Cut-down dust cover

I built the upper receiver separately and then mated it to the lower of an A&K M4 with a crane stock.

All things considered, it turned out pretty well, but I am not too fond of the gap between the upper and lower. I think I sanded that out a little too much. My test reciever also has a broken tab, which could be part of the problem.

Like I said, this is a prototype that I did basically to find out how hard this conversion would be. I am thinking of doing this to as a complete gun with a little bit more care, possibly even trying it with a metal body.

How about a 7" free-float RAS and a front flip sight?

Pretty nice! Is that a marui tracer unit I spy there?

I must be a stickler and say it'd probably look better with a long barrel and full-length fregrips, rather than M4 lenght ones... Something about eveyone in airsoft using a carbine with a huge silencer as a Sniper/DMR rifle jsut kinda bugs me ;)

Hey, I'm going for a futuristic build for my M4.

Right now I've got the gun and CASV in route, planning on getting a 7.5" (I think) barrel and using a silencer, then having MP7 style sights on the upper rail.

my only problem is that I can't decide what kind of stock to use!

the magpul stocks look like good candidates; functional comfortable and sleek... anyone got any other recommendations?

(side note: I just found out that EGLM attach to M4's as well as SCAR, yummy :D)

Very nice. I'm a fan big of those front ends. Which one is that you have?

Hey, I'm going for a futuristic build for my M4.

Right now I've got the gun and CASV in route, planning on getting a 7.5" (I think) barrel and using a silencer, then having MP7 style sights on the upper rail.

my only problem is that I can't decide what kind of stock to use!

the magpul stocks look like good candidates; functional comfortable and sleek... anyone got any other recommendations?

(side note: I just found out that EGLM attach to M4's as well as SCAR, yummy :D)

I'm a fan of the magpul CTR stocks. I've got one on my M4 CASV

PICT0134-3.jpg

and of the subject of sniper M4's

PICT0148-1.jpg

:P

A&K S-System used to look like this (was my first aeg mod and gearbox upgrade attempt)

IMG_0539copy.jpg

Now v2 (I gave up on the King Arms G27 grip, it just never fit right on the CA lower for me)

IMG_1037copy.jpg

IMG_1036copy.jpg

Also, few pages back people were interested in fitting 11.1v lipo in the stock tube. I just got one and took some pics. At any rate, you can't collapse the stock fully unless you modify the innards of the stock tube. I decided that I can live with only being able to collapse to the 2nd to last position; and then cover it with a recoil pad. Attached are pictures showing the lipo in A&K's s-system LE 6 position stock and CA 5 Position stock.

IMG_1023copy.jpg

IMG_1024copy.jpg

IMG_1025copy.jpg

IMG_1026copy.jpg

IMG_1027copy.jpg

Edited by srpg