Armalite Picture Thread

I'm not making a dissipator. I'm making an A2 shorty using the notches for the M4 length gas tube (I'll be using M4 handguards since the JG M733 IIRC uses M4 handguards so it won't be exactly accurate).

Like this is what I want to build.

The G&P front set is your best bet.I have one and I enjoy it.

This how mine looks, only thing I have changed to is a crane stock and pistol grip is back to black.Its year and a half old.

nightbladesm16a2carbine.jpg

I know that PDI offers an outer barrel with the same set up as well.Only thing is you have to go through them to buy it.

barrel

http://www.x-fire.org/m16/e.m733_outer_725.html

pdi's english web site

http://www.x-fire.org/e.index.htm

Edited by nightblade117
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that ticks me off about the G&P barrels is that almost all of them now use 14mm +/CW threads instead of 14mm -/CCW threads. When almost every other major brand out there caters to the 14mm CCW crowd it really sucks having to buy new flashhiders for a single barrel assembly. <_<

This how mine looks, only thing I have changed to is a crane stock and pistol grip is back to black.Its year and a half old.

nightbladesm16a2carbine.jpg

I know that PDI offers an outer barrel with the same set up as well.Only thing is you have to go through them to buy it.

barrel

http://www.x-fire.org/m16/e.m733_outer_725.html

pdi's english web site

http://www.x-fire.org/e.index.htm

1) Impact games games stocks them...

2) it has stinky barrel sight tower notches at about twelve inches in... where an m16 sight tower should be <_<

Edited by Vercingetorix

DSC07990.jpg

I took the front sight off, next I may just get a plain RIS handguard and it might be finished.

Sgt. Carter: Thanks for the help. I was thinking about ordering from ROSV because it's so cheap, but the shipping just about does it for me. $50 at the cheapest for what I want to get isn't that attractive to me.

Heh, I got the same SR16 in today. And I'm working on installing my MUR, but I forgot that I need that darn URX tool to get the rail off... I'll probably make one myself, 'cause there's no way in hell that I'm going to spend 50$ on a simple iron tube :P

I swore to my self to never buy another gun until VFC brings the Knights PDW,but when i saw that nice piece of kit,i just had to place my order for it...

:D ...I was thinking the same ´bout the price...well,i couldnt find anything else as WGC is "Out of Stock" on most of the good parts,so it just got put on my order last night.-What the heck...

I´m pretty sure,someone can make the same tool for less-just take a pipe that fits over the barrel(Right diameter),

weld some handles on top of it and maschine the notches out of the bottom...

@uscmCorps

Thanks... ;)

I also disslike the 14mm cw threads on the G&P´s.-I just took the FH off my SR-25 URX in order to mount a differend Flashider...well,i will have to use a cw to ccw adapter to mount the one i like.. :(

@Snigel

Thanks a lot...go a head-i dont mind it.. :P

Finally...The Big Brother with the small brother...Posing :door:

110916DSC02219.JPG

Greetings

CALI SWANGIN´ :P

I'm sure you had your reasons for the Crane stock, but I love it the way it is...looks VERY nice!!! Also, G&P body? Hard to tell from the pic, but I REALLY hate the way they can't seem to correct the gap towards the front of the receiver. They should just ditch whatever crappy mold they're using and start over. I'm not sure maybe it's the light...

Now don't go ruining it by making it tan, it's the Black Rifle :) Great work!

jsres

that's one of those new G&P zombie killers

they retail for 275 at redwolf....

...yes only 275!

considering that it comes with:

G&P Zomb killer body

G&P stubby killer front end

G&P HK416 stock

SPR grip

front AND rear flip up sights

275 is a steal

also, i've seen this in action and it is LOUD and FAST.

MERCILESSPIT, nice gun.

No BUIS for Marines with ACOG.

Thanks Sgt.

Indeed, Marines don't use a BUIS. The ACOG only has about 2.5" to 3" max eye relief so it sits at the far back of the rail anyway. There's no room for a BUIS, not to mention... what good is a BUIS behind an ACOG anyway? You'd have to take the ACOG off to use it. LOL

if you want a cheaper M-16A2 carbine front set you can try to source a CA M15A2 carbine front. like this one I have. It came with the fatter M4 style hand guards but you can source the thinner carbine type easily in the US

IMG_1052copy.jpg

Edited by srpg

This BUIS sits perfectly underneath the back end of an ACOG, I dont have any pics to prove it, and it dont have my ACOG anymore, but it does. It sits over the long flat bit above the charging hangle too, so shouldnt affect the placement of your ACOG.

ics_acc_ma11.jpg

EDIT:

Found pics to show what im talking about

IMGP1585_copy.jpg

IMGP1587_copy.jpg

Edited by Kipper

There's still no real purpose to that other than to be tacti-'cool' which asserts no emphasis with me. You'd have to remove the ACOG to use it. I can see the practical purpose of one on an M4 co-witnessing with a red dot but not an M16 with a magnifying scope.

If looks over-ride practicality, then one may choose to configure a BUIS under an ACOG. Whatever floats the boat I suppose.

Your 16 is sweet Joe! Very nice.

Your ACOG is far enough forward to have that BUIS on there, mine is all the way to the back, last slot.

Also, the ACOG I have can't 'fail' (the replica one) as it has no power or illumination like the real one. Now, were it the firearm counterpart, I could see a slight reason for the BUIS, but the ACOG would need a QD base, which you can get but they're a tad pricey.