Armalite Picture Thread

didnt you see it in the USMC thread?

but yeah, mine currently is mounted fine, i get enough eye relief; although i may need the buis elsewhere soon, so i may take it off later anyway. my acog is the 4X version.

i would love a QD base, but yeah they are expensive! im ok with the thumbscrews

-joe

Edited by masakarijoe
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a realistic Infantry USMC grunt M16A4 (I think it's the aim here because of the Marpat cover helmet) there should be no BUIS.

BUIS is very rare. I have seen only one M16A4 with BUIS if the ACOG is used. M4 users may have BUIS but still rare. Of course, using a BUIS wouldn't make it unrealistic because there are probably many users among troups but still, you would have a gun that is special and uncommon.

There's still no real purpose to that other than to be tacti-'cool' which asserts no emphasis with me
I like that one. Hourah !

well, consider my buis as an enigma. purchased and added on by the operator, me.

i like it there for now.

chillindrdude, that would be nice, but $$$! :D

mercilesspit, yea, your m16 looks great, cant wait for the pic with the new stock... the old one was atrocious. i love what you did with the ras... nothing! sometime soon hopefully ill have a backup m16, and do a similar setup. a long time ago, when i first saw your sig, i wanted to do that off-mounted aimpoint thing... looks great, and i dont like aimpoints very much

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe

well, they all look great. very realistic looking. are they all metal bodied? that A1 second from the left looks like my bootcamp rifle... ours were held together with tape :D we had compensators flying off, pins breaking, and handguards shattering

i miss those rifles...

-Joe

Still nice M16A4. I have the very same next to me. A great rifle. There is nothing like 20" IMHO. Your photos would look better with a Humvee though :)

My picture : All metal, 99% G&P and real furniture for the A1. The second M16 (the black one) is the Marushin cap fire reproduction. I don't know why Marushin chose such a dark black paint. My buddy artificially aged it with sand paper. It's a great rifle. He uses it for Vietnam reenactment in France. Thks for the comments. If you have questions, please use PM.

My very basic M16. The only thing not stock in it is the Area 1000 tappet plate. I plan to get a madbull inner barrel and a guarder or systema hopup rubber. Other than that, this is how it will look. I like plain jane M16s better than ones with all the rails and scopes.

PICT0023-1.jpg

Finally got my fourth(M16A2) and fifth(CQB-R/LaRue-upper) PTW's. Oh well, the lower reciever of the fifth one was actually saved as spare parts and not assembled, but still.. Two other uppers(M16A4 w/ ACOG and the standard M4) are assembled from separately purchased parts.

Pyssyt-2.jpg

Pyssyt-1.jpg

All rail systems are RS. All optics, except the scope on the SIR M16, are RS.