Armalite Picture Thread

Ah Colin, I see now why you need the sight :D.

It's coming to you off a nearly identical front end and will definitely be a perfect replacement for the gas-block flip-up sight.

I check this thread so often, I should probably get pics of some of the "Armalite" projects I've been working on.

Yep, this will be the recipient of that sight. Bring on the photos!

(un)cooldude, very neat AR.  Very 'noveske'-esque.

Steve

Thanks! Wait until you see my 'Frankengun' project that is under the working name 'armalite #5' currently...I'm putting the SR-25 RAS to good use on that one.

I actually do not have a master eye when it comes to shooting. I can shoot bow equally well with either hand also. This gun just 'felt' better when run in lefty mode. Good eye!

damn, the G3 looks so long on the gun.

makes my G2 like a little...

The G3 has 3 batteries in it, as opposed to the G2's 2...hence the model designation...and it also has a slightly reconfigured lamp head. Couple that with the 105 lumen stock output, and it was a no-brainer to buy. I'm just currently debating what light will go on 'cqb gun #2' right now, as the vertical foregrip I have for it will take a 1-inch bodied light, but the G3 won't fit. The foregrip is shaped very similarly to the now discontinued Rico Alpha 9 light, but was VERY inexpensive. It's mainly my attempt at duplicating the look and operation "on the cheap". Only time will tell what I end up doing.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have to wind on those midcaps holding 100+ rounds? Oh btw what type of suppressor are u looking for?

HiCaps: Fill them with BBs. Wind the gear at the base until you hear a "click". It's a very different sound than the regular winding up sound (and it does take a while to fully wind it up, but you'll know it when you get there). At that point the Hicap's internal spring is fully wound and you should be able to get a good 150+ rounds out of the mag before having to rewind the gear again. Sometimes you can empty an entire mag on one wind... but not often.

MidCaps: They work the same as LoCaps/StandardCaps... except the BBs are staggered in a zigzag formation allowing more BBs to fill the same length of track in the mag (kinda like pistol mags: straight line vs. zigzag configuration BBs).

Edited by uscmCorps

Ohhhhhhhh I thought you stop winding the wheel once the pelet reaches the top. So you have to wind until you hear a click and it sorta prevents you from winding more huh?

LoL im a noob << I had this hi cap once and I winded it up too much and it broke so im afraid.

They must all push the mag forward to line up the BB feed to the loading nozzle right?

Looks nice HiSpeed1

I can swear I've seen some that line it up in the middle--but what you are saying makes sense.

A possibility might be the... G&P kit??? that required proprietary magazines. The reason they may have been proprietary was to center the mag correctly in the mag well, but I'm not 100% on that.

Steve

Thanks. To all-the front end is a King Arms CQB-SD front end (cheaper than G&P). I traded some stuff with some guy for that mag conversion kit, the top part that feeds slips right into the mag well just like an M4 mag. It reminds me of the Warhead 9MM conversion mag for M4's.

Edited by Hispeed1