Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are those rail covers? Do they feel very much different form the regular plastic ones?

Ahead of you there.

they are awsome little doda's the go on so easy you dont need to slide them on just bend them over the rails which saves loads of hassle

plus you can cut them quite easily i did it at ta4 with a swiss pocket knife

plus they look quite snazzy if i do say so

A no-nonsense, to-the-point M4 carbine with a logical aimpoint/backup sight combo.  Looks nice and means business :)

Thanks for the comment, and also the concern regarding my rifle. +1 to you! I'm thinking of switching out the AP and the BUIS for an ACOG. I personally think the ACOG look's much better (and almost 99% of the AR's here have Aimpoints on them <_< ). Really the only thing holding me back is the realism factor. You don't see too many RS M4A1's with ACOG's. I also heard from somebody on this forum that the RS M4A1 doesn't even shoot far enough for the ACOG to be effective?

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the comment, and also the concern regarding my rifle. +1 to you! I'm thinking of switching out the AP and the BUIS for an ACOG. I personally think the ACOG look's much better (and almost 99% of the AR's here have Aimpoints on them  <_< ). Really the only thing holding me back is the realism factor. You don't see too many RS M4A1's with ACOG's. I also heard from somebody on this forum that the RS M4A1 doesn't even shoot far enough for the ACOG to be effective?

What do you guys think?

Well, since ACOG's are BDC'd specifically for the .223, if you own a weapon that fires .223, it's the scope to get. It's also great for close combat range, so nothing unrealistic about an M4A1 with an ACOG.

Hope this helps!

Alright thanks for all the help guys.

EDIT: Would the Guarder ACOG's been a realistic replica of the real ACOG? I've seen some with the fiber optic and the iron sights on top which the Guarder has neither of.

Edited by ghost_x3

Ha, I'm just trying to make sure its a realistic replica externally, not internally.

edit: disregard previous question, found my answer.

EDIT: What model does the US Army now use in Iraq (4x Model correct?)

Also interested in what exact 4x model they use (TA01, TA01NSN, TA31, TA31A, etc..)

I am quite fond of the NSN with its back-up iron sights, but I am not prepared to shell out that amount for the G&P. Is it possible to buy the iron sights to put onto the Guarder Model?

Thanks for the help, +1 to you.

Edited by ghost_x3

Finally got a Digital Camera to take pictures. Hope you guys enjoy!

Classic Army SR-25 with the QD silencer it comes with, Harris Bipod, 3-9x50mm red/green Illuminated Scope, Scope Mounts, Tightbore, FPS Upgrades, and a 9.6v 3,200 mah battery. Shooting 450 FPS with .25g's and extremely accurate. :)

post-29360-1175752487_thumb.jpg

Classic Army M15A4 Rifle, G&P M203 Heatshield, Classic Army M203 Long, Internal Upgrades to 400 FPS, with an insane ROF around 25-30 rounds a second. Uses a 9.6v 3,200 mah battery. Also has a little Punisher skull on the stock painted on by me. :)

post-29360-1175752849_thumb.jpg

Heres more of the SR-25:

post-29360-1175752909_thumb.jpg

post-29360-1175752933_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fitzmaster14

not to add to the e-penis discussion, but I have a question pertaining my armalite:

My buffer tube (G&P crane stock) actually wiggles when its secured to my Guarder metal receiver. It's been like this ever since installation, the screw inside the buffer tube that connects it to the spring guide is tightened pretty tightly yet the wiggling continues. It's enough to cant the tube to a very noticeable degree, maybe about 5 degrees both up and down, not left and right. It's never had me too concerned as I thought it was a superficial problem, but if its threatening the longevity of my armalite, I'd like to know if this is potentially serious.

+1 to anyone who might help me on this. :)