Armalite Picture Thread

Roob, thats a great paintjob. What colors went into that?

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. I was sitting on the fence about painting the CQB, because part of me wanted a camo gun, but another part said "you'll ruin the trademarks you paid extra for ...idiot). It wasn't until I had the CQB in pieces that I realized I could paint just the upper and keep the trades intact.

So in part, I wanted the gun to look mashed together, Like a trusted rifle that just came back from the infirmary, But it was also a clever ploy to have a camo painted gun while keeping the nice armalite trademarks. :D

The colors used were (in order of layers): Krylon Khaki, Krylon Dark Brown, Tamiya Dark Yellow, Tamiya Forest Green, Cheaperthandirt Olive Drab. ... I think thats it.

oldandnewstonerifles.jpg

Here's another picture.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was wanting to ask, is it possible to fit a mini battery inside a CASV? ive heard somewhere it is?

Just.

A mini wont fit flat along the bottom of the CASV, but will just fit either side of the barrel. Ive only got a 8.4v mini which I have butchered, but It will suffice for pictures to show you.

Doesn't fit laying down:

Picture001.jpg

Do fit besides the barrel:

Picture003.jpg

Second part of the picture doctored to show, but they do fit. Bit of a pain in the *albartroth* to get in an out though.

Et voila...

Picture005.jpg

You would be better off getting a PEQ2, or a Crane stock.

Last picture of mine before a major overhaul, now with added dust :)

Picture006.jpg

Very nice

i can see why they would put a fixed BUIS in front of a scope if they don't have anywhere else to put it, BUT, why would anyone put a flip-up buis in front of a magnified scope w/ crosshairs.  That negates the purpose of the "flip up" part.  Having a BUIS in front of any scope does not make target aquisition any easier in distance, and its equally useless close up, because you still have to contend with the magnification of your scope.

I'm sure those troops have their justifications in doing so, i just want to hear why this airsofter choose to do this?

I laughed at that pic too..

The way I see it, the real ACOG is a 4x scope which is also relatively quick to remove so having the rear flip up up against the mount would make it easyer to line it back up for the users eye relief if it was ever removed, it also allows it to sit closer to the eye if needed.

For airsoft, well it just looks pimpin' :P

Best mag-puls Ive used...window sash cord and duct tape.  Guerilla pimpin'!

Now I usually utterly HATE posting pics of my sticklebrick (CA M15a4 CQB Compact SEAL) because swapping stuff round on rails does not constitute customisation in my book.  But I think I have now completed the ultimate CQB Armalite:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/GuzziHero/Guns049.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/GuzziHero/Guns056.jpg

Outside:

CA RIS monster.  G&P Aimpoint replica with Corner Engage.  CA tac light.  G&P QD sling point.  G&P 'AK' folding foregrip.  G&P folding front sight replaces the fixed RIS one.  Unknown make mag clamp.  Cut down CA RIS covers hide the rest of the horrid sticklebrick.  Proud 100mm clamp-on suppressor.  Just waiting for flip covers for the Aimpoint and tac light now. 

Inside:

GP 2-line 9.6v battery from A2.  G&P 7mm bearing gearbox (the CA original snapped).  Fuse removed for higher speed.

It is fast as heck, though I think im going to get a bulk buy of replacement gearboxes!  Apart from the new g/b, Ive not had to touch the internals.  I reckon this is about as good as it gets for indoor gaming, everything has its place.

BTW, the flip-up sights are for if/when the Aimpoint gets shot out :lol:

Dare I even ask where that sling came from? oh and will you be making the trip to SYA anytime soon? I'd love to get a close look at that monster.

Well, I figure it's time for me to contribute. It's not ANYTHING close to your guys', but my wallet is in the ICU right now.

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

(The toes thing was a complete accident. I was trying to get the gun in the picture and not my war zone of a room and my toes just squeezed in there)

All that is:

TM M4 New Type

G&P Aimpoint w/ Guarder Cantilever Mount

Cut down SRC iron sights

No Name 3-Point Sling

Edited by Sgt. Carter

Hmm, I have an ACOG, but i didnt like it as it is too long to co-witness with my iron sights. I had the red dot version obv. or co-witnessing would be pointless anyways. I have a tightbore in it at the moment, and im considering a silencer, however i wouldnt run a longer barrel through it, as it would make slim to no difference. Thanks for the silencer idea though.

Matt

Dare I even ask where that sling came from? oh and will you be making the trip to SYA anytime soon? I'd love to get a close look at that monster.

The sling? :lol: Its an old bag strap that a friend was about to throw away. As it turns out, it does EXACTLY what I want. I can extend it for use, or clip it real tight to my shoulders for climbing/other work. Its stupid but it works...so I guess it aint stupid! I just wish it was black!

Im hoping to get to SYA soon. If theres a game on while Im on my weeks holiday (end of this month) Ill do my best to get up. More than anything else I want to meet folks like yourself and Warlock who I know quite well online but have never met (Least I dont think Ive met you, have I? :D I have a horrid memory!).

Oh, and keeping on topic...my latest acquisition:

AAAA0001.jpg

Totally stock and after my upgrade problems with the a2, Im leaving it like that. I know theres no stock sling point but Firesupport found some guns came in with the stock overtightened and damaged and to their great credit they checked every one in the batch. They just forgot to put this sling point back on and are posting it to me :)

Im quite disappointed with the a1 in a few ways. It looks like its been painted with a brick, some bubbles in the paint and some streaks elsewhere. Its been oversprayed as one of the reciever pins is 3/4 body-colour grey and 1/4 black. Still, I dont mind that...I want the rough and ready look. The seam lines on the foregrip are also very visible.

A point of note to anyone planning on getting one - older CA mags are a VERY tight fit in the mag well, giving me the impression the reciever lowers are repainted a2/a4 units.

Finally, my M4 is reborn as a field weapon! I wanted a rifle with better accuracy than an M4 carbine but also something that was more maneuverable than an M16.

I built my revised gun based on the 16" recon rifle concept. Specifically it's based on information from MSTN on the setup that Crane are churning out as standard, so the "formula" calls for:

A 16" match-grade barrel.

A long free float RAS, either Knights M4 MATCH or LaRue RAS.

A carbine-length gas block.

A Knights type flashhider that allows a silencer to be readily attached.

Typically flip-up sights are installed, with the 600M rear sight being most commonly used.

So I had a long wait for all the parts to come in, but finally it's all here:

459587970_0d9e9771ed.jpg

459597043_aaa121799a.jpg

Here it is compared to big brother's 20" M16SPR.

459596531_c688ddd133.jpg

It's not easy to see so I could have left it out, but for style points I installed an M4 carbine gas tube. :P The gas block ends up actually hidden inside the long RAS just like in MSTN's customer recon rifles.

459596783_c8802c3a04.jpg

The ACOG is something I already had so I just dropped it in to finish it off.

459597205_b9592481ea.jpg

The last thing that's changed is the upper receiver, it's an A&K metal upper. The lower is from my old M4 setup. The entire upper feels really solid now, just as I wanted, and now it can take a 410mm tightbore. :)

Oh, and keeping on topic...my latest acquisition:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/GuzziHero/AAAA0001.jpg

Totally stock and after my upgrade problems with the a2, Im leaving it like that.  I know theres no stock sling point but Firesupport found some guns came in with the stock overtightened and damaged and to their great credit they checked every one in the batch.  They just forgot to put this sling point back on and are posting it to me :)

Im quite disappointed with the a1 in a few ways.  It looks like its been painted with a brick, some bubbles in the paint and some streaks elsewhere.  Its been oversprayed as one of the reciever pins is 3/4 body-colour grey and 1/4 black.  Still, I dont mind that...I want the rough and ready look.  The seam lines on the foregrip are also very visible.

A point of note to anyone planning on getting one - older CA mags are a VERY tight fit in the mag well, giving me the impression the reciever lowers are repainted a2/a4 units.

Nice M16, I'm thinking of getting an XM177 (I figure if I dont get stickle bricks I wont spend £100s on useless junk) I'd like the full size A1 but I play 99% urban and I shouldnt really be buying rifles no matter how sexy they are.

I dont think the mags will be a problem for me I only own one CA mag and I dont use that as it wont feed properly. The paint sounds a bit *beep* tho, maybe they'll sort it in the newer batches.

Nice M16, I'm thinking of getting an XM177 (I figure if I dont get stickle bricks I wont spend £100s on useless junk) I'd like the full size A1 but I play 99% urban and I shouldnt really be buying rifles no matter how sexy they are.

I dont think the mags will be a problem for me I only own one CA mag and I dont use that as it wont feed properly. The paint sounds a bit *beep* tho, maybe they'll sort it in the newer batches.

I looked at the Xm myself but I figured that I already have an Armalite that size (SEAL), it meant buying a new battery and I really really dont like the M4 stock. Plus if I ever went Vietnam style, Id be restricting myself to special forces and special I am not :D

TBH, I play at Unreal as you know (really tight CQB) and still got 7 kills in one game with the a1. Its quite light...you just have to watch the front end when passing close to cover so you dont bash the flash hider.

As I mentioned, Im hoping to pop up to SYA soon...but it may be delayed as Ive just discovered a cam header leak on my motorbike :(

Is the battery in the stock or the PEQ?

Very nice looking. Replace the EoTech with an ACOG and you have what I want my M4 to look like. What all went into that piece?

Edited by Sgt. Carter

Guzzi,

No, the lower receivers are brand new in design.

The easy way to tell is that the receiver hinge lugs have a square profile where the hinge lug is molded to the lower receiver.

All previous CA lowers have utilised the updated design as seen on the later models of the M16A2 and all those since i.e. the hinge lugs taper or blend into the lower.